Snow?

Premier League Discussion

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON. Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

Posted Images

Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Solskjaer in!!!!!!!!!

The good thing will be that the Man u board will see this as a weekend of freak results and keep solskjaer for a while longer lol

1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

Everton top of the tree in the N/W and the league! Just shows what a good manager can do! 🤔

Always liked ancelloti, top manager and I fear for Liverpool when they play Everton soon, another spanking?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Managers have got cute to this high line the big teams play and they have now learned how to dismantle it. All the top teams need a tactical rethink.

What a horrible game.. three deflected goals, should've had a penalty, our second keeper is a tw*t, crap defending.

Everything was bad. It was an embarrassing and disgraceful performance all round.. Our best player was Salah. 

Next up is Everton I think, so we better fix up!

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Everton top of the tree in the N/W and the league! Just shows what a good manager can do! 🤔

Ancelotti was a major coup for Everton and I'd have not been sad to see him manage United TBH.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Jeez, Liverpool even have to outdo us in the amount of goals conceded in a game department.

We can't catch a break

😂

I bet that result made you feel a lot better lol

• Like 1
Just now, D.V.R said:

What a horrible game.. three deflected goals, should've had a penalty, our second keeper is a tw*t, crap defending.

Everything was bad. It was an embarrassing and disgraceful performance all round.. Our best player was Salah. 

It was one of those games where every shot the opposition had went in, best get those out of the way asap, but Liverpool need to get the mid field brick wall back, to give the defense confidence. Adrian also destroys the confidence of the defense and Liverpool still have time to buy another decent number 2 goalie. This high line nonsense is proving suicidal this season, something of Klopp to think about.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm not overly upset about the result to be honest.  It's not just Liverpool that's had a heavy defeat, Man United had one earlier, City had one last weekend against Leicester.  With teams having players isolating due to Covid etc, plus the lack of pre season training, I can only see more of these type of results.

We we're crap, no getting away from it, but we've just come of the back of beating both Chelsea and Arsenal so there is no reason to think we have long term problems yet, and now we are going into the international break, during which Mane, Alison and Thiago will hopefully return.

All it takes is for Covid to hit a teams key players and that team is stuffed.  It will probably happen to all teams over the winter period so I expect all teams to go through a slump this season.  With everything that's going on, this season was never going to be straight forward.

Edited by AWD
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Just slightly.

Horrible day for both our teams!

Both will be top four finishes though, but I don't see Liverpool winning back to back leagues though. Champions league starts soon lol.....oh dear as we both have tough groups

1 minute ago, AWD said:

I'm not overly upset about the result to be honest.  It's not just Liverpool that's had a heavy defeat, Man United had one earlier, City had one last weekend against Leicester.  With teams having players isolating due to Covid etc, plus the lack of pre season training, I can only see more of these type of results.

We we're crap, no getting away from it, but we've just come of the back of beating both Chelsea and Arsenal so there is no reason to think we have long term problems yet, and now we are going into the international break, during which Mane, Alison and Thiago will hopefully return.

All it takes is for Covid to hit a teams key players and that team is stuffed.  It will probably happen to all teams over the winter period so I expect all teams to go through a slump this season.  With everything that's going on, this season was never going to be straight forward.

I don't even think teams that have COVID in their squad should be playing full stop.

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

It was one of those games where every shot the opposition had went in, best get those out of the way asap, but Liverpool need to get the mid field brick wall back, to give the defense confidence. Adrian also destroys the confidence of the defense and Liverpool still have time to buy another decent number 2 goalie. This high line nonsense is proving suicidal this season, something of Klopp to think about.

The high line works fine when you have a sweeper keeper like Alison, but it was really bad all round tonight. 

Just now, lassie23 said:

Both will be top four finishes though, but I don't see Liverpool winning back to back leagues though. Champions league starts soon lol.....oh dear as we both have tough groups

I don't see anyone who can really challenge Liverpool to be honest mate...so I think the league will be yours again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Everton have really been in form from the start of this season, and I'll think you will win against them to be honest.

I think the spanking you received from Aston Villa will teach most of the squad a lesson, the defence especially.

• Like 1
Just now, lassie23 said:

I don't even think teams that have COVID in their squad should be playing full stop.

Covid is going to cause a load of problems this season.  Imagine if teams have 6 or 7 players testing positive and having to isolate, that club is then stuffed.

Not using Covid as an excuse for Liverpool's performance by the way, we we're crap, just highlighting the uniqueness of this season and how I see all teams having crappy results at some point due to Covid and injuries through lack of pre season etc.

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

The high line works fine when you have a sweeper keeper like Alison, but it was really bad all round tonight. 

Yes man city suffered from the goalie being poor with that system too and got stuffed, Alison is just so vital to Liverpool.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, AWD said:

I totally agree.. 

1 minute ago, AWD said:

Covid is going to cause a load of problems this season.  Imagine if teams have 6 or 7 players testing positive and having to isolate, that club is then stuffed.

Not using Covid as an excuse for Liverpool's performance by the way, we we're crap, just highlighting the uniqueness of this season and how I see all teams having crappy results at some point due to Covid and injuries through lack of pre season etc.

I think if you have 3 or more players affected then games should be abandoned

Just now, Zak M said:

Everton have really been in form from the start of this season, and I'll think you will win against them to be honest.

I think the spanking you received from Aston Villa will teach most of the squad a lesson, the defence especially.

Everton have had a good start to the season, no doubt, but it's worth remembering the season is only 4 games old.  There are always one or two "dark horses" who start the season well then fade away around Christmas time and finish in the usual mid table position.

Long way to go yet, a few injuries/isolations for Evertons key players and the form will go.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I don't see anyone who can really challenge Liverpool to be honest mate...so I think the league will be yours again.

Agree with this. Was probably just a one off game, then they'll be back stronger straight after.