Snow?

Premier League Discussion

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ ¬†

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Have to say that var was a bit yeah.... a joke... Unlucky spures newcastle were rubbish

Just a bit, honestly Bruce has got away with one but the fans know deep down how we played was unacceptable and the problem with Bruce he does not change anything so the pattern of the game remains the same. I expected Spurs to have more possession but it was scary just how much we struggled to stem the tide and we had no control of the match really. 

And its not VAR fault about the handball law, the referees have to do things by the rules otherwise they will get penelised over it. I watch some Italian football and it was the same, virtually every time the ball hits a defender arm, the ref goes to the screen and you know they will give a penelty. It was even worse there because at times even when the arms were close to the body, penelties were given which is just wrong and even the head of referees there admitted it was far too strict. From what I seen here, all the penelties has been given via arms being away from the body but intent and distance is not coming into it.

• Like 1

Either the policy is all out attack or there's really terrible defending. Another 30 plus goals scored this weekend all over the games (3-1 win for the pool tonight) utter madness if it gonna be like this every week

16 hours ago, NUT said:

Either the policy is all out attack or there's really terrible defending. Another 30 plus goals scored this weekend all over the games (3-1 win for the pool tonight) utter madness if it gonna be like this every week

Probably a bit of both in fairness. I do think there is more attacking play and teams going all out but some of the defending leaves alot to be desired also. I watched Fulham last night and dearie me, they played in a way thinking they were going to get back into the game but the way they defended, they had no chance even if they scored because Villa looked so threatening on the counter attack exploited the obvious weakness in the RB area which too me Scott Parker did nothing to change that area. 

I also thought Arsenal was quite poor defensively last night and if the manager was Wenger or Emery then they would be getting pelters from the media because they were a shambles yet again away from home to a top team. They try and be clever by playing it out from the back inn their own box and they looked so uncomfortable and kept given the ball away especially the first half. 

Watching Arsenal V Blades poor game so far. United sad to say do look like a relegation side nothing up front so I'd be surprised if they score today. Arsenal surprisingly poor as well. Playing it out from the back will in future games get them caught a few times. United have signed a youngster but will need to get at least one more creative signing if they want to survive another year in prem.

The big difference with United is the drop in energy levels compared to last season that it's to the end until of the end of last a season that is when the levels dropped with the break with the results tailing off because of it.

On 02/10/2020 at 23:04, General Cluster said:

Hey @Bristle boy -- we've signed Vesuvius, an actual striker! Okay, I can't remember his real name --  but, anyway, let's hope he's explosive!?

Carlos vinicius, i may be a southampton fan but i respect you

1 minute ago, Xanderp009 said:

2nd season syndrome is coming back

More of a case of not solving last seasons lack of goal threat. Says a lot we will bringing on a 34 year old upfront a player who's at the end of his career last season. Mcgoldrick isn't an out and out striker and he's knocking on it a bit. I think we've just had our first shot.

Just now, The PIT said:

More of a case of not solving last seasons lack of goal threat. Says a lot we will bringing on a 34 year old upfront a player who's at the end of his career last season. Mcgoldrick isn't an out and out striker and he's knocking on it a bit. I think we've just had our first shot.

0 goals this season, i'm guessing your a shefield united supporter then still got 2 days left

5 minutes ago, Xanderp009 said:

0 goals this season, i'm guessing your a shefield united supporter then still got 2 days left

Can you keep posting zero goals it has the desired effect.

Ryan Howard: Might be an unpopular opinion, but I can see Sheffield United getting relegated. 1 goal a game last season, and 1 goal in 4 games this season. With Dean Henderson gone, they're going to struggle if they start conceding more

well that's a massive unpopular opinion

sheffield united are one of the best defensive teams in the league

Didn't work. A deserved win for Arsenal and a poor display by the Blades as well. Chris W has is work cut out if he's going to keep us up. First real test of his managerial career can he deal with it?