Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Don't agree with this.

It was moving and appropriate at the England-France game, but are we going to start singing the national anthems of each and every country that has a tragedy? What about the Russian plane incident a few weeks ago?

Its getting a bit over the top and cringe worthy now 

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

I agree with the above. Great for the International, but now's the time to move on regarding anthems.

Football gets involved in politics far too much as it is, IMO.

Edited by Steve C

No self respecting person would boo. If anyone booed around me at a match I'd be having serious words. I disagree with this but I'd just politely observe rather than take part.

No self respecting person would boo. If anyone booed around me at a match I'd be having serious words. I disagree with this but I'd just politely observe rather than take part.

I would boo its outrageous where was France in Falklands? apart from selling exocet missiles. Where was france after 9/11 after r terrost attacks... This sucking up of French is pathetic, Stand with France yes,, Lick their ass no 

Why should anyone show France more respect then any other nation? why not play Palestine national anthem when Israel commit genocide? 

Edited by lfcdude

I would boo its outrageous where was France in Falklands? apart from selling exocet missiles. Where was france after 9/11 after r terrost attacks... This sucking up of French is pathetic, Stand with France yes,, Lick their ass no 

Why should anyone show France more respect then any other nation? why not play Palestine national anthem when Israel commit genocide?

Its nice to set an example.

So you're happy to stand with them, but at the same time would boo their national anthem, a bit contradictory I think?

Fwiw, I don't agree with the anthem being played before prem games either, as has already been said - it was moving during the international but I don't really see the logic in repeating it this weekend. Doesn't mean I'd disrespect it though.

• Like 5

So you're happy to stand with them, but at the same time would boo their national anthem, a bit contradictory I think?

Fwiw, I don't agree with the anthem being played before prem games either, as has already been said - it was moving during the international but I don't really see the logic in repeating it this weekend. Doesn't mean I'd disrespect it though.

Indeed maybe you put it better then me.. But why should french anthem be played when other nations get slayed..  

Indeed maybe you put it better then me.. But why should french anthem be played when other nations get slayed..  

Now I know what you mean, I totally agree: if Premiership games had to be preceded by all the national anthems of every nation involved, the games would never start?

All  I can say is congratulations to Leicester in being top of the league a it stands  and a massive congrats to Jamie Vardy  on the record. Who would have thought that at the start of the season lol?? Boing Boing Baggies as well !!Arsenal have to win these games if they are to win the PL. Wenger wont be happy.   

• Like 2

A weird game today to say the least. 2-0 down at home to Bournemouth, and the natives were restless.

However the Swans came back and showing a lot of desire and playing for the manager.

Monk Watch - The fans were massively behind Monk before the game. There were heated debates after the game about Monk, however I still feel he is the right man for the job.

Edited by J10