Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Amazing to think that certain sections of media were sharpening knives for OGS to get the sack if they lost to my mob and then City.Well he pulled off 2 great wins .Pleased for him as he seems an all round good egg and secretely hope he is sticking 2 fingers up to the press!!

9 hours ago, Hotspur61 said:

Amazing to think that certain sections of media were sharpening knives for OGS to get the sack if they lost to my mob and then City.Well he pulled off 2 great wins .Pleased for him as he seems an all round good egg and secretely hope he is sticking 2 fingers up to the press!!

They say Manchester United are a team for the future, well one thing is for sure the future is red😉

15 hours ago, Yarmy said:

Classy stuff from the Man City fans. Throwing [email protected] and monkey gestures.

The recent rise is a result from the rhetoric about immigration from political leaders around the world... It's a resurgence of right-wing politics.. Trump is the biggest culprit, he was their spokesman, a hero and all these undercover racists/xenophobes cheered him on, so (sadly) it's no surprise they have a voice again.

2 hours ago, D.V.R said:

The recent rise is a result from the rhetoric about immigration from political leaders around the world... It's a resurgence of right-wing politics.. Trump is the biggest culprit, he was their spokesman, a hero and all these undercover racists/xenophobes cheered him on, so (sadly) it's no surprise they have a voice again.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Gary Neville said similar.

MOBILE.TWITTER.COM

22 hours ago, D.V.R said:

Really?.   I dont know if you attend matches   but i can say  with clarity  that racism in football as never gone away   and there is no resurgence.  Its never been now different    the only difference is now  the authorities are stamping down on it.   thats why we are getting more incidents being reported.   i wish it coulod be put down to one incident  ie the rise of the right  or a president in another continent being elected.  but it more serious than that.  racism in football as probably been around since the 70s   and as never gone away. 

Edited by weirpig

On 07/12/2019 at 22:44, Hotspur61 said:

As a Man U fan I personally think the media are obsessed with us and when things aren't going well they absolutely love it as they know their articles in the papers or whatever are going to get so many reads

2 hours ago, weirpig said:

Really?.   I dont know if you attend matches   but i can say  with clarity  that racism in football as never gone away   and there is no resurgence.  Its never been now different    the only difference is now  the authorities are stamping down on it.   thats why we are getting more incidents being reported.   i wish it coulod be put down to one incident  ie the rise of the right  or a president in another continent being elected.  but it more serious than that.  racism in football as probably been around since the 70s   and as never gone away. 

Bunch of scouse lads walking through Salisbury on Saturday morning, obviously taking in a bit of culture on their way to the Bournemouth game...

They were trying and failing to get a 'We love you Boris' chant going.

Going on his past history with the people of Liverpool, I couldn't work out whether they were too young, too thick, or were being ironic. Let's hope it was the latter, but all of this political rhetoric must legitimise this nastiness for some.

I go down to Saints a fair bit, which admittedly is hardly a bear pit, but thankfully we don't have to deal with that kind of rubbish where we sit. If we did, I wouldn't go.

8 minutes ago, jtay said:

Bunch of scouse lads walking through Salisbury on Saturday morning, obviously taking in a bit of culture on their way to the Bournemouth game...

They were trying and failing to get a 'We love you Boris' chant going.

Going on his past history with the people of Liverpool, I couldn't work out whether they were too young, too thick, or were being ironic. Let's hope it was the latter, but all of this political rhetoric must legitimise this nastiness for some.

I go down to Saints a fair bit, which admittedly is hardly a bear pit, but thankfully we don't have to deal with that kind of rubbish where we sit. If we did, I wouldn't go.

Just talking about this  our trip to brighton yesterday  brought about a couple of arrests.    nothing to do with anything political   its  what people do at Football    as i said  always as gone on   bans will stop it  but the underlying issue will remain 

_110059763_gettyimages-1192694020.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brighton say two "visiting supporters" were arrested for homophobic abuse during Sunday's Premier League game against Wolves at Amex Stadium.

1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Just talking about this  our trip to brighton yesterday  brought about a couple of arrests.    nothing to do with anything political   its  what people do at Football    as i said  always as gone on   bans will stop it  but the underlying issue will remain 

_110059763_gettyimages-1192694020.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Brighton say two "visiting supporters" were arrested for homophobic abuse during Sunday's Premier League game against Wolves at Amex Stadium.

It's what some people choose to do at the Football. It's not compulsory.

It's a shame too, 'cos they missed a good game.

3 hours ago, weirpig said:

It's like racism in society here, always has been in evidence and nothing has changed. We like to point the finger at other countries and say how backward they are and forget that our own backyard needs clearing too.

It's not a new problem it's just being reported on more now than it has at any time in the past.To be honest i don't even think most of the people who do it are actually racist/homophobic or whatever.They're just p' ssed and decide to direct whatever the most offensive thing they can think of at their chosen player in the hope of getting a reaction.Much the same as a couple of drunk guys arguing in a pub would do, only difference is they don't have a tv audience of millions seeing them doing it...

Edited by Ross90

3 hours ago, weirpig said:

You really think Trump didn't galvanise the closet racists/xenophobes/ with his hate speeches? 

I know racism was always there, but I don't remember this many incidents of blatant racism in football grounds before all the right wing propaganda.. It's funny how you don't seem to think it's becoming a problem when the players and ex players are saying totally different? 

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

You really think Trump didn't galvanise the closet racists/xenophobes/ with his hate speeches? 

I know racism was always there, but I don't remember this many incidents of blatant racism in football grounds before all the right wing propaganda.. It's funny how you don't seem to think it's becoming a problem when the players and ex players are saying totally different? 

To be fair most players and ex players are full of 💩 and just go along with whatever the story of the day is.I think it's almost certain that black players from the 70/80s would agree that it was significantly worse back then.

Nowadays you get one report of racism in a weekend out of the 5 million people who attended games and suddenly it's 'Oh we're back in the dark ages, shocking something has to be done about this' ...

8 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

To be fair most players and ex players are full of 💩 and just go along with whatever the story of the day is.I think it's almost certain that black players from the 70/80s would agree that it was significantly worse back then.

Nowadays you get one report of racism in a weekend out of the 5 million people who attended games and suddenly it's 'Oh we're back in the dark ages, shocking something has to be done about this' ...

On the evidence of what I've seen over the last couple of weeks, months, years I would say we have gone backwards with regards to eradicating racism or homophobia.. So yes, we have gone back to the dark ages. 

Edited by D.V.R

19 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

racism in football as never gone away   its always been a issue   clubs now have spotters in the stadiums  when there is any trouble  or language used  they are mush easily spotted   this as really only been happening over thepast season or so    so now of course  more incidents are being reported.    its nothing to do with politics   as i said before its always been there       

Edited by weirpig

55 minutes ago, weirpig said:

racism in football as never gone away   its always been a issue   clubs now have spotters in the stadiums  when there is any trouble  or language used  they are mush easily spotted   this as really only been happening over thepast season or so    so now of course  more incidents are being reported.    its nothing to do with politics   as i said before its always been there       

Indeed, but I still think it does have an influence on folks.. maybe the ones that harbour a hidden prejudice and have now been empowered by right-wing politics.. Or, maybe I need to shut up now? 🤷‍♂️

To be honest i think a lot of people harbour a hidden prejudice against someone or some group of people, up here sectarianism is still a bit problem.As long as it stays hidden then it's not a problem.

Manchester United will make the top 4, p!ss easy, but just be thankful they won't win the title! this year that is, next year 2021, hmmm who knows

11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Manchester United will make the top 4, p!ss easy, but just be thankful they won't win the title! this year that is, next year 2021, hmmm who knows

I'm not sure if we're going to make the top 4 just yet.. we've had a brilliant week and we've nigh on proven to every critic that we are more than good enough to get into that top 4 on paper but the big thing for us is the fact we have a young squad who haven't got all the experience. We're still in all competitions we entered in so there's no time for rest.

We are fantastic against the big teams and know how to play but against lesser ones it can be tough. 

I fully expect us to give all our effort into finishing up there in the top 4 and hopefully it will come true, either that or we potentially are one of the best teams in the Europea League anyway.. 

Either way no question we were absolutely phenomenal against City at times on Saturday

Both of these teams have clear issues, the match was always going to be anybodies

West Ham very poor defensively