Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Blades pride the price for thinking the game was over and out and switching off for a costly three goals. Sloppy and two points lost for my Blades. We then started playing again and made Manure look poor once again. The poor spell by Blades echoed the bad years thank god they woke back up.

Southness will be happy.

Edited by The PIT

Blimey Southness giving us praise.

1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Certainly not at boro hahahahahahahaha.

We couldn't even afford his backroom staff!!

That’s why the PL IS ONE  of the best leagues in the world.Sheff Utd were totally dominant for 70 mins and well worth there 2 goal lead and yet needed an 89th minute goal(correctly given imho) after United scored 3 goals in 8 minutes.As a neutral what a great game of football👍

Yes rumours are Silva has gone but not confirmed yet(my mate is a toffee and will be delighted as he has been calling for a change since a March this year!!)

Okay a few thoughts on the game.

1st half The Blades created enough to be out of sight. Sadly we can't afford strikers like Kane who would have got a hat trick today. Man U strike force hardly moved and weren't interested. 

2nd Half if Mousett didn't injured probably would have got the ball and ended up one on one with the keeper. Still at two nil the Blades only had to keep pressing and they would have won easily. I was thinking they were getting tired but then how they came back says otherwise. Basically they got over confident and the defending for the 1st and 2nd Man U goal was as bad as Man U's in the first half. Blimey the young lad was given so much space and time still a good finish but it still shouldn't have been a problem. 2nd goal a ball was crossed gently across our area and thought at the time the keeper could have come and caught it but he was asleep or picking his deck chair back up after the first goal. No grumbles on the third.

Wilder will have words to say about those two goals I'm sure.

Then we came back and no longer looked tired.

So due to our own poor defending I can't grumble at the result.

What is fascinating about this season is the large number of draws compared to this time last season. Also interesting is that 5th place team has less than 20 pts!

Silva, Pellegrini, Flores, Emery? I wouldn't bet against one or two of them getting the chop today. My guess is Silva.

53 minutes ago, mhielte said:

Silva, Pellegrini, Flores, Emery? I wouldn't bet against one or two of them getting the chop today. My guess is Silva.

Yep  Rumours coming out That silva has indeed been sacked.     But the question is who can they get to replace him?,  Moyes has been mentioned   but for me thats a backward step.    

15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I wonder who'll be the first to go: image.thumb.png.15e988462bcb2f7666ed09affa455deb.png

He would actually do a good job for Everton   tho his record from crosses is poor.   Ive just looked at the favourites for the Everton job    some shocking names on there     Hughes?.

3 hours ago, weirpig said:

Yep  Rumours coming out That silva has indeed been sacked.     But the question is who can they get to replace him?,  Moyes has been mentioned   but for me thats a backward step.    

I agree with your assessment of Moyes. He's a good manager but his Everton team in the past were solid over-achievers but had their limitations.

Football has moved a long way since he was in charge there and so has the Everton team. Much more quality and much more flair as well. A more progressive, forward-thinking manager is needed.

When will Bruce stop playing the front 3 up top together, it's just does not work. Joelinton and Almerion just look so short of confidence, it's embarraccing the manager cannot see that but keeps playing them because he hopes they do actually score! 

Joelinton I'm afraid is a typical signing those non top 6 clubs buy with an inflated price tag just to make them look good by spending ridiculas money. I'm sure Hoffenheim was laughing all the way to the bank when we offered them £40 million! 

It's a defeat I expected as most non big 6 clubs don't win 3 games in a row and we are a poor side but you would never think villa have lost 3 in a row and we won our last 2. It was dreadful and we could be playing all night and not score. Says it all when Dean Smith did not make a sub until the 90th minute, it was that easy for them. 

1 hour ago, Geordiesnow said:

When will Bruce stop playing the front 3 up top together, it's just does not work. Joelinton and Almerion just look so short of confidence, it's embarraccing the manager cannot see that but keeps playing them because he hopes they do actually score! 

Joelinton I'm afraid is a typical signing those non top 6 clubs buy with an inflated price tag just to make them look good by spending ridiculas money. I'm sure Hoffenheim was laughing all the way to the bank when we offered them £40 million! 

It's a defeat I expected as most non big 6 clubs don't win 3 games in a row and we are a poor side but you would never think villa have lost 3 in a row and we won our last 2. It was dreadful and we could be playing all night and not score. Says it all when Dean Smith did not make a sub until the 90th minute, it was that easy for them. 

Rafa didn't want Joelinton as he'd never heard of him then Ashley goes and pays £40million for him!

Another one who's done sod all since joining is Almirón.

Toon were dreadful tonight. Lucky they only lost 2-0

On 24/11/2019 at 18:07, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Looks like he's talking rubbish again. He's done this before claiming a manager has gone when they haven't.

Why did spurs sack their manager, it's not his fault that his players find each others wives interesting

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Why did spurs sack their manager, it's not his fault that his players find each others wives interesting

Here you go, lassie!:oldgood:🤑

15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I'd get Andrew Neil to interview Poch to find out the truth, get straight to the answers and Neil wouldnt take any BS or let Poch waffle.😀

3 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I would like Glen Waffle to interview Waffchettino, although i think the result will be quite a long interview.

On 25/11/2019 at 23:42, Summer Sun said:

Rafa didn't want Joelinton as he'd never heard of him then Ashley goes and pays £40million for him!

Another one who's done sod all since joining is Almirón.

Toon were dreadful tonight. Lucky they only lost 2-0

Yep and sells Perez for 35 million even though imo, he's such an underappreciated player and much better than what some fans think. How Leicester plays really suits his style also, he must be loving it there.

Rondon loan never looked like it was going to lead to a permanent contract so what we do is spend aon a player who is not a natural striker just so we get that monkey of not breaking the transfer record since 2005. I do have some sympathy for him but even in some of our better games, he never looks like scoring.

14 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I heard Piers Morgan - the arch Arsenal lover - say he was annoyed that Spurs have acquired Mourinho.  Great!  If it's a bad thing for the Gooners then it's got to be a good thing for us.  😉