Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Christian Gross is at 100-1. I kid ye not!🚇

48 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Please let it happen will be pure car crash when Levy says no to spending.....

Can just imagine Poch to Man U and Jose to Spurs

1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

😄

This was clearly discussed whilst Poch was still in charge. It's happened too quickly.

21 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Christian Gross is at 100-1. I kid ye not!🚇

They should have brought back the gros

Really gutted that Poch has gone but in the crazy world of football it is hardly a surprise.This calendar year we have played 38 PL games and amassed 38 Points with one win away from home since January!!.My mates and me all said this would be his last season as things come to a natural conclusion where it would be best for both parties if Poch leaves.I would like to thank him for giving us 4 great seasons where we have played some of the best football at the Lane that I have witnessed in 35 years!It is a pity that we never won a trophy in his time as he deserved it for the dedication he gave to the club.He is such a nice guy and sadly proves the theory that sometimes the good guys don’t necessarily get what they deserve.I hope he has a good well earnt break from football as this season his body language has not been right since the summer-some of the players need to have a hard look at themselves but then they know it is always the manager that gets the chop and not them!,

What do I think about Jose?-honestly he wouldn’t have been my first choice as our new manager but you cannot argue that  he is a winner and is very much a marmite figure!!Only time will tell if he is successful at Spurs and if he is at what cost?by playing less attractive football but becoming winners?

We shall see but I will always support my club that I love as it is the club not necessarily the manager that will always be in my heart.

COYS

11 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

maybe he will make new ones and take Spurs down..his last year at Man U was a car crash..me thinks Jose time has passed

On 20 November 2019 at 20:31, Hotspur61 said:

Really gutted that Poch has gone but in the crazy world of football it is hardly a surprise.This calendar year we have played 38 PL games and amassed 38 Points with one win away from home since January!!.My mates and me all said this would be his last season as things come to a natural conclusion where it would be best for both parties if Poch leaves.I would like to thank him for giving us 4 great seasons where we have played some of the best football at the Lane that I have witnessed in 35 years!It is a pity that we never won a trophy in his time as he deserved it for the dedication he gave to the club.He is such a nice guy and sadly proves the theory that sometimes the good guys don’t necessarily get what they deserve.I hope he has a good well earnt break from football as this season his body language has not been right since the summer-some of the players need to have a hard look at themselves but then they know it is always the manager that gets the chop and not them!,

What do I think about Jose?-honestly he wouldn’t have been my first choice as our new manager but you cannot argue that  he is a winner and is very much a marmite figure!!Only time will tell if he is successful at Spurs and if he is at what cost?by playing less attractive football but becoming winners?

We shall see but I will always support my club that I love as it is the club not necessarily the manager that will always be in my heart.

COYS

Very well put.  I agree with all of the above....

1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Very well put.  I agree with all of the above....

Thanks Skyfall👍I always try to be balanced in my arguments and take the natural bias all us football fans have🤣👍.Being a Spurs fan I have always probably been a pessimist(that’s part of our DNA) but this appointment is a really tricky one and is a heart/head one if you know what I mean.

COYS

IMO I think that Pochettino was sacked way too early, I would of given him a month or two to prove himself that he can turn things around.

For Jose, I think he will be a great manager at Tottenham, and will perhaps lead us to our first silverware in a very long time. The only thing I am concerned about Jose is his reputation in the past. He does tend to have a bad reputation, like being sent to the stands a lot. 

23 minutes ago, Zak M said:

IMO I think that Pochettino was sacked way too early, I would of given him a month or two to prove himself that he can turn things around.

For Jose, I think he will be a great manager at Tottenham, and will perhaps lead us to our first silverware in a very long time. The only thing I am concerned about Jose is his reputation in the past. He does tend to have a bad reputation, like being sent to the stands a lot. 

Way too late imho. He won nowt. Trophies in the cabinet are what matters. Development of players needed to show divis much sooner than the CL final. Today's PL is so overrated anyway that i think it clouds people's thinking on what is a v good squad or not.

Spurs best squad in my time (bar early 60s double winners - i was only a bairn), by a country mile, was the early mid-80s one; Hoddle, Ardiles, Crooks, Archibald, Hazard, Perryman, Galvin, etc, etc. 3 trophies in 4 seasons.

Even TV's squad ('91 FACup winners) were as good as current lot. Sissoko, Ben Davies - top players? Chortle! Chortle!

28 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Way too late imho. He won nowt. Trophies in the cabinet are what matters. Development of players needed to show divis much sooner than the CL final. Today's PL is so overrated anyway that i think it clouds people's thinking on what is a v good squad or not.

Spurs best squad in my time (bar early 60s double winners - i was only a bairn), by a country mile, was the early mid-80s one; Hoddle, Ardiles, Crooks, Archibald, Hazard, Perryman, Galvin, etc, etc. 3 trophies in 4 seasons.

Even TV's squad ('91 FACup winners) were as good as current lot. Sissoko, Ben Davies - top players? Chortle! Chortle!

But, if we start winning trophies, Lord Lucan will have to move out!:shok:

2 hours ago, Zak M said:

One of my oldest friends is as devoted to the Gunners as I am to Spurs.  One thing that bothers me is that his first response was to tell me:  "I'm glad you got Mourinho so we didn't get him"......

He is one of the most, if not the most, high profile, highest achieving football coaches/managers that Spurs have ever got their hands on and a few years ago we would have cut off our own rights hands to get him, so perhaps we should say 'thanks for the memories' to our old friend Poch, and then sit back and enjoy the fireworks to come.  And yes, there will be fireworks. 

Jose looks so relaxed a far cry from his days at Man U.

Maybe the fact he's back home in London will help.

2 hours ago, Sky Full said:

One of my oldest friends is as devoted to the Gunners as I am to Spurs.  One thing that bothers me is that his first response was to tell me:  "I'm glad you got Mourinho so we didn't get him"......

He is one of the most, if not the most, high profile, highest achieving football coaches/managers that Spurs have ever got their hands on and a few years ago we would have cut off our own rights hands to get him, so perhaps we should say 'thanks for the memories' to our old friend Poch, and then sit back and enjoy the fireworks to come.  And yes, there will be fireworks. 

Poch spent hardly anything.. he did amazing things for you... Yes he won nothing but he over achieved all the time.. Jose needs money lots of it r he is useless... Well he is useless anyways like

6 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Poch spent hardly anything.. he did amazing things for you... Yes he won nothing but he over achieved all the time.. Jose needs money lots of it r he is useless... Well he is useless anyways like

Daniel Levy holds the purse strings at Spurs and we have never had the buying power of MU, MC, Chelsea, Liverpool or even Arsenal.  I'm surprised that Levy has been prepared to (reportedly) double the managers salary for Mourinho so perhaps this is a sign that he will be willing to spend more on acquiring expensive world class players?  Everyone knows Mourinho likes to spend big but then Spurs also produce a lot of home-grown talent.  And it's the players who are mainly responsible for the results - once a team is created they will either outplay the opposition or not on the day.  There's not much even the best manager can do once the game is under way.  Poch was good at motivating the players and he is a good strategist but he has never won any trophies so his style of management has yet to bear fruit.   Mourinho has a proven record of success so I am looking forward to seeing if he can repeat this at Spurs.  Whatever happens, we have been waiting many years for a major title and we can wait another three years to see if the 'special one' is still special!

2nd time this season Mike Riley admits VAR has made the wrong decisions, yet he rates it 9 out of 10 overall 🤷‍♂️

VAR incorrectly overruled decisions four times - Premier League referees boss Mike Riley 

_109787995_deulofeu.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

VAR delivered the "worst possible outcome" when it stepped in on four occasions to overrule correct decisions made by the on-field referee, says Mike Riley.

I'm obviously sorry to see Poch go, but, and there's no escaping it, 38 points from 38 games simply isn't good enough! Had things continued that way (and it's hard to see any reason to suppose they wouldn't) we'd be fighting relegation, come March...!

Time to get behind the new and improved Jose Mourinho, methinks?

COYS!:yahoo:

Just realised we have Palace away today. 

Eeeek.........  This could be a potential banana skin, especially after the 2 week International break.