Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

7 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Stonewall penalty; his hand/arm was out. 

Looked like it hit the City player (think it was Bernado Silva) on the arm first 

Edited by Summer Sun

Just put £25 on Man City to win.  I either get £200 or Liverpool get a result.  Either way, I'll get something this afternoon.   

Official reason for the handball which wasn't given was because of the lack of reaction time and Trent's arm wasn't in an unusual position

On 09/11/2019 at 16:36, Summer Sun said:

Spurs 1-1 Sheffield United

Come back in 4-minutes after VAR is done to see if it stands

VAR has just confirmed it was a goal. 😜

46 minutes ago, AWD said:

Just put £25 on Man City to win.  I either get £200 or Liverpool get a result.  Either way, I'll get something this afternoon.   

AWD, I like a flutter or 5, but i'd call your bet a case of reckless gambling 😉

8 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

AWD, I like a flutter or 5, but i'd call your bet a case of reckless gambling 😉

I always go for the long shot BB, no point gambling to win pence.  If I had done the same bet now, my returns would be £2500.  😔

8 minutes ago, AWD said:

I always go for the long shot BB, no point gambling to win pence.  If I had done the same bet now, my returns would be £2500.  😔

Oh i'm prone to a longshot, for sure; had a 16/1 winner on the horses yesterday👍.

Back to this match - if Martin Tyler mentions again that Aguero has not ever scored at Anfield i'll throw the remote at the telly! When is Waffler Tyler going to be ditched by Sky?

And there's are obligatory weekly goal we concede.  Can't be having a clean sheet now can we!

Holy cow dung, we beat Man City even with liability Lovern in defence. What a famous VARctory for Liverpool. A word of caution though, if anyone can even throw away a 20 point lead, it's Liverpool🙄🙄🙄

Vital win for moanchester united, keeps them clear of the relegation zone😜

Very good Weekend of football.  Spurs woes continue  Liverpool beat City  And Wolves go 8 unbeaten in the league.    To be honest i cant see the title going anywhere but Merseyside.  There top 3  are amazing    the  biggest talking point for me is who will get into the top 4.   It could well be the teams who occupy it now.    I said at the start of the season  i would be happy with a good Euro run and a top 10 finish   i may have to revisit this  and say a possible top 6 finish    Interesting this year  and still many games to go.  

Bernardo Silva has been given a one-match ban and a £50,000 fine after his 'racist' tweet to Benjamin Mendy

1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Oh dear

Terrible as the PL is the only league in the world to have 2 referees at a football game. On field ref should make the final decision, end of. Why on earth are they so reluctant to use it? The comments of we don't want to interrupt the pace of the Premier League is just plain snobby. 

The use of a monitor won't solve everything but it means you know the onfield ref has the final say on those decisions where its more marginal but likely to overturn themselves when they see it again. When something is 100% an error then the VAR can make that decision as there won't be any dispute. 

4 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Oh dear

Indeed it is the worst of all worlds at the moment, if you allow the on-field ref to see the pictures, they remain in control of the decision.

1 minute ago, J10 said:

Indeed it is the worst of all worlds at the moment, if you allow the on-field ref to see the pictures, they remain in control of the decision.

I don't buy the argument from Mike Riley that the monitors slow down the game. What does he think using fancy lines to see if you're offside by an armpit is doing.

Former Liverpool defender and current Soccer Saturday reporter Dominic Matteo has undergone an operation on a brain tumour after falling seriously ill earlier this week.

Dominic is now out of intensive care following the operation at the LGI.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-dominic-matteo-update-17267607

6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Tottenham have sacked Mauricio Pochettino

Not before time. Just a few months behind my first 'call-out'. Poch had gone as far as he could; this season in PL has been poor. How much the indifference is due to Levy i know not.

Spurs have also sacked Jesus Perez, Miguel D’Agostino and Antoni Jimenez

Early betting has installed Jose as favourite

• Jose Mourinho 1/3
  • Carlo Ancelotti 4/1
  • Rafa Benitez 5/1