Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Gazzaniga single handily keeping Spurs in this no matter what Liverpool do he shall not be beaten.. for now

I've said it a number of times on here, but what do Spurs see in Aurier? He'd struggle to get in most Championship sides.

• Like 1

So Poch, you wait until Liverpool go ahead 2-1 then from 80 mins you let your players go forward and create numerous chances.:olddoh:

1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Good performance... Do not get me started on Lovren though 

Lovren is a liability, makes me nervous every time he plays.

Fabinho was superb today and should've got MOTM instead of Mane.

8 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Lovren is a liability, makes me nervous every time he plays.

Fabinho was superb today and should've got MOTM instead of Mane.

Indeed cost us first goal did not close down mind u cm went a miss.. but apart from that we play high line and he is as slow as  fat man in pub side football 

7 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Indeed cost us first goal did not close down mind u cm went a miss.. but apart from that we play high line and he is as slow as  fat man in pub side football 

I can't make sense of what you've written🤨... and who runs like a fat man in a pub side football?🤔🙈

2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

So Poch, you wait until Liverpool go ahead 2-1 then from 80 mins you let your players go forward and create numerous chances.:olddoh:

Yeah I agree we only started playing when we went 2-1 down which was very frustrating.Aurier always has a mistake in him and has little composure and today just showed again that he is not good enough imho.And then there was Erickson who showed that he doesn’t want to be at our club which is a shame as for 5 of the 6 years at our club has been fantastic but this season has been a shadow of the player that I have watched and admired since 2013.His heart is not at the club anymore and now is the time to see what Lo celso has to offer(after all he did cost £59m!!)

COYS!!

17 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

On another note its good to see VAR over turning bad refs this weekend in the other games

I take it you've not seen the Man Utd first penalty vs Norwich then. Utterly scandalous decision.

20 minutes ago, Yarmy said:

I take it you've not seen the Man Utd first penalty vs Norwich then. Utterly scandalous decision.

Even Ole said it wasn't a pen!

A VARcical weekend

Maybe it's time to ditch VAR and have a complete rethink on how they'll use it. Grounds with big screens should be showing what they're reviewing for a start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A VARcical weekend

Maybe it's time to ditch VAR and have a complete rethink on how they'll use it. Grounds with big screens should be showing what they're reviewing for a start.

No way should they scrap it, that's deep down what Mike Riley, the FA and PL probably wants hence them using VAR totally different to how it has been used in other leagues and tornements. 

Unless they start using those god dam monitors, NOTHING will change. I also don't like how a guy in a room can now decide what is a penelty and what isn't, that effectively undermines the referee on the pitch(no wonder they seem reluctant to intervene). Imo, monitors should be used on decisions where the referee may of missed something(because his view was blocked) or the VAR thinks you should take another look but it's not something that is stonewall. The Brighton pen is the best example of that, some say it was, some don't but let the referee have the choice to decide by looking at the monitor, it's should NEVER be upto VAR whether it's a penelty or not on those more marginal calls. 

On any stonewall penelties, red cards, handball etc, then yes, VAR should overrule the referee, no need to look at the monitor then as that would be a waste of time. The sending off at Southampton is a good example of that. 

It is ridiculas 100 matches has been played and a monitor has not been used all because of Mike Rileys paranoia it would slow the game down even though in most games, a monitor may not be used more than twice a game if that! And the reviews are taking a good amount of time anyways. 

• Like 2

On 25/10/2019 at 21:53, Summer Sun said:

Leicester have the joint highest win of all time with Man U and the biggest away win on record in the premier league 

We were there. Saints were awful. Leicester were relentless.

Never seen fans leaving after 20 minutes before. We stuck it out to the bitter end.

We had to laugh when a young lad and his soaking wet girlfriend turned up 25 minutes late to find Saints 0 - 3 and a man down.
15 minutes later it was four down.

The Saints fans that were left were singing 'We're coming for you, City!' at 8 nil down. 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A VARcical weekend

I go to Rugby Union games and they show the TMO replays on a big screen, and the on field refs can see the replays. Which is far better for those at the ground.

but the TMO system isn't perfect in rugby union, some halves recently have lasted over 55 minutes, (normally 40 minutes).

Edited by J10

1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

The times back page refs set to use VAR screens 

That's a start why it's taken 100 games 🤷‍♂️

They urgently need to let the fans know what they're looking at though.

All grounds bar Old Trafford and Anfield have big screens no excuses why they can't show what they're reviewing. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

That's a start why it's taken 100 games 🤷‍♂️

They urgently need to let the fans know what they're looking at though.

All grounds bar Old Trafford and Anfield have big screens no excuses why they can't show what they're reviewing. 

yes 2 grounds dont have big screens... but would be so easy to make a app so people in the ground could see on their phones... tbh needs be like rugby though with the ref mic ect...

• Like 1

Marcus Rashford, Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof have all passed late fitness tests to make the starting 11 for Man U at Bournemouth