Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Phew i will take that result as we have a dung record at old trifle

We were never going to go the whole season winning every game.  

We had the decisions against us, no Salah and to be honest, played quite lethargically so to still come away unbeaten, with a point is a positive.  I'm happy enough with that. 

Still got a comfortable cushion over Man City with one of our voodoo games out the way now. 

3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

😣 this was a quote from my post to David Snow

You were below par for some reason today, so a draw not too bad,

19 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

yes the curse of old trafford almost hexed liverpool again

55 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Missed Salah badly.

Jurgen was clearly upset when he was attacked in the Leicester game. He clearly knew it was serious.

Two fast forwards clearly have a greater combined strength than just straight addition  (by a long way;  -  which one does the fastest defender take on)?

Origi appeared out of place in his left hand side placement, and he lost the ball on quite a few occasions, and fell over frequently even when he wasn't fouled!.

I suspect that with the Euro Tie, Tottenham and Arsenal in the next 10 days they were trying to win without expending too  much effort...

A bad plan against United who were clearly hyped up....

Still they managed a point, with the only 'genuine' goal, Atkinson was a disgrace and Man U knew if they fell over they would be awarded a free kick. Any 50 50 challenge went to ManU.

MIA

58 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Handball by mane, VAR is having a giraffe🦒

The new hand ball rule is appalling. VAR had no choice but to rule it out whoever thought of the new rule on handballs wants sacking

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

The new hand ball rule is appalling. VAR had no choice but to rule it out whoever thought of the new rule on handballs wants sacking

But did lindelof not have his hands round him and pull him back... so if he went down a pen...

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

But did lindelof not have his hands round him and pull him back... so if he went down a pen...

Mind you not like Atkinson would of gave it so what ever.. he was embarrassing 

15 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Mind you not like Atkinson would of gave it so what ever.. he was embarrassing 

The refs need a right good shake up from top to bottom. 

What's the point of having VAR if you're not going to overturn the refs call? Might as well just get shot of it if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

The refs need a right good shake up from top to bottom. 

What's the point of having VAR if you're not going to overturn the refs call? Might as well just get shot of it if that's the case.

Now now don't want to make some people out of a job... the unions would be up in arms lol... But yes the bosses will not over rule as scared make them look incompetent that we all know their are...

Sheffield United's Oli McBurnie has been charged with drink-driving in Leeds. The club record £20m signing will appear at Leeds Magistrates Court on November 6th.

So what's the point of VAR if they're not going to hold the refs to account on dreadful decisions?

1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

So what's the point of VAR if they're not going to hold the refs to account on dreadful decisions?

I have sympathy for the ref on this one because Origi went down too theatraciallly and that probably clouded his view somewhat and also he did not have the best view of the incident but its a classic case of where the VAR should tell the ref to have another look at it via the monitor because that what they are there for! I said it earlier in this thread, unless Mike Riley start encouraging his referees that they should use the monitors then nothing will change. 

Gallagher also said he thought the Dele goal was the right decision... My goodness, it clear as day it hits his upper arm and there was movement towards the ball, the fact it hit the PL logo on the shirt is a big giveaway yet the VAR still gets it wrong and of course the stonewall penelty Is yet another howler 

I think the PL don't really want VAR and this high bar and discouraging of using the monitors is there way of giving 2 fingers to the FIFA so they can justify of not having it. Mike Riley should hang his head in shame, terrible ref, terrible boss. 

A good win for Sheffield UTD beating Arsenal 1-0

Arsenal were pretty average tonight should have buried one chance in the first half then tried and failed to cheat a penalty

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:14, lassie23 said:

yes the curse of old trafford almost hexed liverpool again

Do you think the occasion got the better of your team, it probably is the biggest prem game?

Some 'experts.' saying united out thought lpool  and they didn't quite know how to respond?

Or was it simply all winning runs come to an end, and this one ended against an ordinary united team?

3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Do you think the occasion got the better of your team, it probably is the biggest prem game?

Some 'experts.' saying united out thought lpool  and they didn't quite know how to respond?

Or was it simply all winning runs come to an end, and this one ended against an ordinary united team?

Man u tactics were pretty good in the first half, this is why Liverpool changed their formation and made subs and were better in the second half. They responded well, so I wouldn't agree with those experts. It's an odd result as Liverpool will be disappointed not to have beaten an out of sorts Man U and Man U were 20 minutes away from beating a decent Liverpool team.

4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Man u tactics were pretty good in the first half, this is why Liverpool changed their formation and made subs and were better in the second half. They responded well, so I wouldn't agree with those experts. It's an odd result as Liverpool will be disappointed not to have beaten an out of sorts Man U and Man U were 20 minutes away from beating a decent Liverpool team.

Out of sorts, well ok lol but ... Liverpool decent lol lassie, your team is outstanding!

3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Out of sorts, well ok lol but ... Liverpool decent lol lassie, your team is outstanding!

I didn't want to gloat lol

The Former Everton, Manchester City, Sunderland & Blackburn Rovers midfielder Jack Rodwell is set to undergo a medical at Serie A club Roma ahead of a free transfer