Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Need to be careful with that Europa League it might be good to be in but if you only have a small squad it can be a killer playing pretty much every other week Sunday Thursday from mid September to early December 

Half me is unsure if I want to progress against torino  top 10 in my opinion would be great this season   stadium expansion due in June  then build again 

Liverpool are considering a move for former Swansea and Tottenham goalkeeper Michel Vorm

Daniel James should be given a solid 8.0 for his theatrics last night.

8 hours ago, Nick L said:

He wasn't like that last season. Saying that at Championship level he didn't need to be, he was so much better than most defenders, easier to just run past them.

Cannot comment on the game/incident itself as don't have Sky.

It will be a steep learning curve this season playing against better players.

10 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

What kind of moron goes on Social Media racially abusing players. If that isn't bad enough many of them actually abuse their own players, this is completely mindless.

On 20/08/2019 at 10:26, Summer Sun said:

I don't blame Manchester United, this is absolutely disgusting. They are your own players too. The same thing happened with Abraham, after he missed that penalty in the UEFA Super Cup, they started racially abusing him, in the stadium and out of the stadium. What is it with some fans these days? It's like they have a mind of their own, I'm a Spurs fan but I think Pogba is a fantastic player, in some games he doesn't show his top quality but he is a spectacular midfielder when he wants to be. Manchester United are lucky to have him in my opinion, but he is probably going to leave if all this stuff continues.

Posted (edited)

Haha prem should tell them do one sooner we leave this mob and money laundering group the better, I do not want to see another womans world cup.... 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover

1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Haha prem should tell them do one sooner we leave this mob and money laundering group the better, I do not want to see another womans world cup.... 

We could be seeing an awful lot of retaken penalties then... I've never seen a keeper stay in the line once

On 20/08/2019 at 11:49, Nick L said:

Done the same again today. Got booked this time.

33 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Done the same again today. Got booked this time.

To be fair I watched the game and he was fouled  

How did United lose that one then? I think they should of gotten at least another penalty but what can you say when one is awarded and you miss it. 🤔

Liverpool vs Arsenal underway. Currently 0-0 and approaching half-time.

Marcus Rashford has received racial abuse on social media after missing a penalty against Palace today

Absolutely no need for it

11 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Marcus Rashford has received racial abuse on social media after missing a penalty against Palace today

Awful that SS though, don't want that

In addition to what has been previously said, a great goal by Dan James, pity that their defending meant it didn't mean a point.

A great day for ex Swans today scoring in the Premier League, with 2 for Tammy Abraham, and 1 each for Jordan Ayew, Oli McBurnie in addition to Dan James above. 

20 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Awful that SS though, don't want that

Totally agree with both of you.

Until punishment is handed out though, nothing will change, like most things.

I'm sorry but what is the point of VAR? It's supposed to weed out mistakes by useless refs like Mike Dean, not back them up! Waste of bloody time. Obvious pen not given.

No point blaming VAR or the ref, IMO -- we managed only three shots on target, throughout the entire game, having 'enjoyed' 80% of the possession. Which, to put it quite simply, is nowhere near good enough!😬

Absolutely rubbish performance.

I swear Harry Winks is being visited nightly by the ghost of Ray Wilkins. Reads really negative i know, but i reck Winks will end up being one of those players who never quite fulfil their potential.

Okay, that's just embarrassing. I knew something like this would happen. Our most creative midfielder and best defender started on the bench, would of rather seen them in the starting 11.

Goodness me, Mike Dean/VAR. An obvious penalty not given? We had a lot of jokes about VAR being on our side after both of the City games, but I think it's now just turned against us. And you're right @Nick L.

If things couldn't get worse, we're playing Arsenal at the Emirates next week.

😬

On 25/08/2019 at 18:14, Nick L said:

I'm sorry but what is the point of VAR? It's supposed to weed out mistakes by useless refs like Mike Dean, not back them up! Waste of bloody time. Obvious pen not given.

I got to say it was more or less a stonewall penelty and we got away with one for sure but the one in the city game is even worse its bordering on embarracment. 

This is all Mike Rileys fault though, such an incompetant ref and a incompetant boss of the PGMOL, he SHOULD encourage his referees to look at the monitors just like they do in other leagues especially when it's on those more marginal calls of penelties and red cards and it would show the referee is in charge and NOT VAR yet it looks like VAR is in control. 

If Michael Oliver and Mike Dean both went to the monitor and still decided its not a penelty then fair enough but I bet it's more likely they would give penelties for those incidents. The one in the Bournmouth game is so clear the VAR should of overruled the ref and award a penelty, no need to look at a monitor for that one! 

As for looking at the monitor slows the game down nonsense, time gets added on in the end and if players have genuine injuries, should we drag them off the pitch right away so we don't slow the game down? Come on, common sense is needed, most games a ref won't need to look back at the monitor anyways but if we want right decisions then they should be encouraged to have a look if there is a bit of doubt.