Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

Thankfully there is an edit button on here, which should cover VAR reversals. 😂

1 minute ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Spurs back post to any prem manager attack it... 2 2 thank you VAR

You do realise that we are dog poop so far this season and unless something changes fast, Man City will walk it.  We've been lucky in results so far. 

1 minute ago, AWD said:

You do realise that we are dog poop so far this season and unless something changes fast, Man City will walk it.  We've been lucky in results so far. 

You forget Liverpool 😛

2 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

You forget Liverpool 😛

I prefer "dog poop". 

Need to improve quick, especially defensively. 

If the ball had not hit the Man City player's hand it would not have reached Jesus, so the VAR decision was correct.

Justice done in my unbiased opinion🤣

44 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

If the ball had not hit the Man City player's hand it would not have reached Jesus, so the VAR decision was correct.

Justice done in my unbiased opinion🤣

True though 

They're moaning on MOTD about the new rule but at the end of the day the ball clearly changes direction and falls perfectly for Jesus 

Hand ball is hand ball end of 

Not a bad weekend for Norwich and Sheffield U both getting their first wins of the season

As for big spending Aston Villa... 😂

An amazing lack luster Palace at the lane today. A deserved win for the blades who didn't have to break sweat and were never pressed. Even going a goal down zero response from Palace. I think what summed Palace up was the almost time wasting over their own thrown when they needed to score. United a much better team than the one that went up under Warnock and have fully deserved the points they've got so far.

Leicester are a decent side  however if not for the stupid new rule they should have lost on opening day   Chelsea  decent going forward but I think they will struggle at the back   6th in my opinion is the best they can hope for  

Still trying to get over how we managed a draw yesterday🤣!tbh we were completely dominated by city(30 attempts to our 3) but I suppose you can say we were clinical👍.But that doesn’t disguise the fact that we haven’t played at all well in both PL GAMES so far and as Poch alluded to yesterday we are mentally not in a good state at present as we await to see if Toby;Erickson and Danny Rose are still Spurs players come end of European transfer window.I am not moaning about it as it is what it is but I have noticed there doesn’t seem to be the unity amongst the Spurs players that there has been in the last 3-4 years and that is a concern.What is more of a concern is the body language of Poch himself which has not been great over last 4 weeks or so and I honestly think this time next year he won’t be Spurs manager!!

Crikey only 2 games in and I am worried,only another 9 months to go!!

COYS!!

5 hours ago, weirpig said:

Leicester are a decent side  however if not for the stupid new rule they should have lost on opening day   Chelsea  decent going forward but I think they will struggle at the back   6th in my opinion is the best they can hope for  

Leicester could and maybe should have beaten Chelsea they had plenty of chances just not clinical enough when it counted

12 hours ago, weirpig said:

reckon Wolves have a chance tonight? massive underdogs, love to see United losing, but so rare it's the equivalent of low level snow post 2000

2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

reckon Wolves have a chance tonight? massive underdogs, love to see United losing, but so rare it's the equivalent of low level snow post 2000

Always a chance.  Onw thing that Wolves are imo brilliant at is playing on the counter   If UTD go gung ho  i expect us to win.  If they play more reserved  then it could be a problem as we still lack a real creative influence in the middle of the park.  if im honest i think a score draw    which for us would not be a bad result   

Posted (edited)
On 17/08/2019 at 19:29, AWD said:

If yous been "dog poop" then I would love to know how you would describe our start to the season! Thoughtt yous played well 2nd half against Villa and getting a draw whilst getting battered by City could well be a good sign indeed. Anyways guaranteed 3 points for Spurs next week. 

As for us the alarm bells are ringing all ready, days off already been cancelled for team meetings, Bruce quite critical of his players, oh the calmness of Rafa has all been swept away after 2 games. Will give Bruce time but he struggles as a manager when thee going gets tough and I feel for Joelinton, he is being made a scapegoat all ready whilst it's our tactics and the flop that has been Almeron is not helping his cause, hope he can turn it around. Going to be a long hard season I feel. 

Oh and as for VAR, the handball is fine and I like the law as it gives no grey areas whatsoever and it's alot easier for the referee/VAR to spot it but they got the penelty totally wrong and Mike Riley insistence of referees should not go to the monitor totally backfired as Oliver should of been told to go to the monitor on that instance to have a look, that's what it's there for! Really can't help our referees when the rules for everyone else iis different and is consistent with UEFA and imo, UEFA should refuse to pick any English referees for the CL/EL unless Mike Riley backs down and encourages the referees to look at the monitor as a back up. Also the VAR should not be re refereeing the games and I get the feeling that is what happened there. 

Edited by Geordiesnow

25 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

If yous been "dog poop" then I would love to know how you would describe our start to the season! Thoughtt yous played well 2nd half against Villa and getting a draw whilst getting battered by City could well be a good sign indeed. Anyways guaranteed 3 points for Spurs next week. 

Sorry, I was referring to my team, Liverpool, rather than Spurs. 

19 minutes ago, AWD said:

Sorry, I was referring to my team, Liverpool, rather than Spurs. 

Liverpool will be fine   They are a machine at the moment  and having  played 120minutes the other day  there was always going to be a hangover of sorts.  I watched the game   first half was ropey  but the second half they dominated  and if it wasnt for your keepers howler it would have been very comfortable.   it will again be between you and City for the title.      

Crikey  thank God for half time  awful by us  worst I've seen us play since going up   might go home now 

Last week you see the best of Pogba then this week he goes and misses a penalty...

Well 1-1 in the end  to be honest that's what I thought the score would be before the game  awful first half  and to be honest utd  were not much better   certainly need to raise our game if we are to do well in the league   

On 11/08/2019 at 17:56, Bristle boy said:

Will United be the 'surprise' package this season?

Maybe not😀

1 hour ago, weirpig said:

Well 1-1 in the end  to be honest that's what I thought the score would be before the game  awful first half  and to be honest utd  were not much better   certainly need to raise our game if we are to do well in the league   

Need to be careful with that Europa League it might be good to be in but if you only have a small squad it can be a killer playing pretty much every other week Sunday Thursday from mid September to early December