Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

What a game. Think it's safe to say, the United of old is back.

Burnley defended for their lives, keeper had a blinder. 10 minutes extra and we'd have won that 3-2, which is amazing considering we were 2-0 down.

6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

United 2-2

Long live Fergie time

2nd season running that we’ve been 0-2 up at OT and ended up drawing 2-2.

getting a bit of a habit 

8 minutes ago, iand61 said:

getting a bit of a habit 

You really didn't deserve the win. You cannot say you did.

2-2 maybe a fair result considering you didn't play much football at all. I'll tell you something though, when you want to you can defend for your life. I remember the game a couple of seasons back when we had like 40 shots against you and they were either blocked by defenders or saved by the keeper. Shame you don't seem to want to put similar effort in against other teams...

Edited by CreweCold

I was also sat there thinking 'if only we had a van Persie' Someone who could score out of nothing. He'd have volleyed in that chance Rashford had in the second half, where he wanted too much time.

13 minutes ago, iand61 said:

getting a bit of a habit 

What's pathetic to me as a neutral is watching someone like Burnley play out of their skin against Manchester United BECAUSE it's Manchester United, and next week they will play to 10% of that level. Teams like that I enjoy seeing get relegated. 

Just now, Astral Goat Juice said:

What's pathetic to me as a neutral is watching someone like Burnley play out of their skin against Manchester United BECAUSE it's Manchester United, and next week they will play to 10% of that level. Teams like that I enjoy seeing get relegated. 

Exactly this.

Burnley can kindly fack off from the PL.

6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

You really didn't deserve the win. You cannot say you did.

2-2 maybe a fair result considering you didn't play much football at all. I'll tell you something though, when you want to you can defend for your life. I remember the game a couple of seasons back when we had like 40 shots against you and they were either blocked by defenders or saved by the keeper. Shame you don't seem to want to put similar effort in against other teams...

Where did I say we did deserve to win.

After the mauling from the other Mancs in the cup i’d have taken a point before kick off and am happy with one at the end.

tbh we couldn’t defend a two goal lead last time and it looks like Dyche hasn’t learned anything this time around either.

as for your other comments, isn’t stopping goals what defenders and the keeper are in the team for and your keeper isn’t rated as one of the best on the planet for constantly losing you games.

1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Where did I say we did deserve to win.

After the mauling from the other Mancs in the cup i’d have taken a point before kick off and am happy with one at the end.

tbh we couldn’t defend a two goal lead last time and it looks like Dyche hasn’t learned anything this time around either.

as for your other comments, isn’t stopping goals what defenders and the keeper are in the team for and your keeper isn’t rated as one of the best on the planet for constantly losing you games.

But like Astral said, why not put in as much effort week in week out. Why is it only United that seems to fire your side up? As a Burnley fan, does it not annoy you?

Edited by CreweCold

Just now, CreweCold said:

But like Astral said, why not put in as much effort week in week out. Why is it only United that seems to fire your side up?

I think you’d better ask Dyche that one and worryingly I have to agree that we’ve been bloody poor for much of the season but whether unfashionable teams like Burnley pee off the “fans” of the big clubs or not we are there on merit and as and when we get relegated, we’ll only get replaced by someone else who doesn’t fit in with the plan.

34 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

At least not a win! United are probably the best team in the league, just they wouldn't play for Jose

they are not as good as man city lol

6 hours ago, Astral Goat Juice said:

Crystal Palace do that against Liverpool a lot lol

Spurs struggles continue

1-0 down at home to Watford

Liverpool have done a Man City early goal then ease up and get punished

1-1

you can see why liverpool haven't won the league for so long, even if they were handed it on a plate they would drop the plate and break it

Chelsea what the happened just what going on this season this is unreal

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Chelsea what the happened just what going on this season this is unreal

manager for the bin i reckon

36 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

manager for the bin i reckon

They might go for Jose he isn't doing much these days

17 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

They might go for Jose he isn't doing much these days

lol