Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)
    2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Hi mate, agreed, why anyone would want to employ the moyes is beyond me, the guy is a loser.

we should go get Eddie Howe not some old t####

Edited by cheeky_monkey
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

97 points only 1 defeat in the league all season and still not win the title..if you had said that at the beginning of the season you would have got more likes from Man U fans than a Steve Murr winter

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    3 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

we should go get Eddie Howe not some old t####

I'd find another hobby (or team) if Moyes does take charge. Don't put yourself through the torture!

Jesus wept...couldn't get Ancelotti so settled on Moyes

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/west-ham-picks-moyes-after-making-an-attempt-for-ancelotti

That's like trying to pick up a Porsche 911 turbo and winding up with a 96 plate Skoda.

Gets better too-

yvDZmA2.png

You know it's bad when you prefer Pardew over anything else :rofl:

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
    23 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Big Sam the new favourite for the Everton job

David Moyes is expected to get the West Ham job in the coming day's he flys back to England today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The Taxpayer's Stadium will look even more daft in the Championship. 

• Like 1
    Posted
    9 minutes ago, Nick L said:

The Taxpayer's Stadium will look even more daft in the Championship. 

Will be the biggest in the Football league?

Tony Pulis has his West Brom woes aside by flying off to Barbados for a holiday

Posted
    57 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Will be the biggest in the Football league?

Tony Pulis has his West Brom woes aside by flying off to Barbados for a holiday

Think so, current biggest is Sunderland weirdly enough. 

Posted
    8 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Already lost the dressing room apparently..possibly the worst decision since Jesus told Judas there was only 12 free seats booked at the local restaurant and couldn't come to the company Christmas party 

Posted
    12 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Already lost the dressing room apparently..possibly the worst decision since Jesus told Judas there was only 12 free seats booked at the local restaurant and couldn't come to the company Christmas party 

The reaction on the Knees Up Mother Brown forum is scathing to put it mildly! This post made me laugh...

I have to say I do enjoy the spin on the official site (which I know is obvious):

"He proved with Everton that he has great qualities" - so.... four jobs ago.

"Moyes won the Community Shield at Wembley in August – becoming the first Manchester United manager ever to win a trophy in his first season in charge" - technically true, I guess.

And this belting final paragraph

"In November 2014, he took over at Real Sociedad for a year-long spell in Spain’s La Liga, leading the club to a famous win over Barcelona in January 2015, before returning to the Premier League in the summer of 2016 with Sunderland, where a difficult year ended in relegation last season."

But yeah, echo the other comments - good luck because from all angles you're going to need it.

Posted
    1 hour ago, Nick L said:

The reaction on the Knees Up Mother Brown forum is scathing to put it mildly! This post made me laugh...

I am actually struggling to think of a managerial appointment that would be worse. 

West Ham fans remember...if he relegates you, he just needs more time- then more after that.

Posted
    2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I am actually struggling to think of a managerial appointment that would be worse. 

West Ham fans remember...if he relegates you, he just needs more time- then more after that.

I would say Alan Irvine would be worse, but as he has previously worked with Moyes then he may well end up his assistant!

Posted
    Just now, Nick L said:

I would say Alan Irvine would be worse, but as he has previously worked with Moyes then he may well end up his assistant!

Hahahahaha

Posted

The Moyes is back in town

http://davidmoyes.co.uk/

As @Nick L said, the forums are absolutely scathing of the man. I've never had such a laugh.

A United fan said they wouldn't even wish the guy on City or the scousers :rofl:

I did like this one-

'David Moyes is an anagram of Save my dido, if only his surname was Moyles'

hahahaha

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted

Here's another gem-

''Builder mate of mine just popped round to drop some tools off, hes a full on Hammer and a season ticket holder. I just told him theyve hired Moyes and his reaction went something like this:
    Mouth opened
    Face dropped
    Said 'are you f ecking winding me up??'
    Showed him this site
    Sat down and buried his head in his arms on the table.
    Didnt get up for 2 minutes.

Says it all''

:rofl::rofl:

Posted

I used to rate Moyes during his Everton days and Fergie must have seen something in him?

Posted

It can be argued Moyes has never been a good manager. When he left for United, Martinez replaced him at Everton and they finished higher than they did under Moyes. He had a disaster with Sociedad, and an even bigger one with Sunderland. The guy is sorrow in a suit and possesses about as much charisma as a used condom. 

How he keeps getting paid to do these jobs is beyond me. 

Posted

Who could West Ham honestly expect though? Ancelotti!? Your having a laugh, why would he go to them and is his personality not also a bit dull, he's been at big clubs and been sacked(perhaps quite harshly) by 4 clubs I believe(Chelsea, Madrid, PSG and Bayern) which may tell you something. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Avram Grant but does that not prove with Grant that a lot of stuff that happens on the field is down to the players and if you have not got the best players or the most confidence, your going to manage a team that will struggle. So which Avram Grant is the real one? the one who took West Ham down or the one who done ok at Chelsea? Leicester has shown nothing is impossible in football but it Also shows a manager is only as good as his players are and if his players are confident, then results will be positively consistant, if not it goes to the other way so like with Grant, which is the real Raneiri?

West Ham is a similar club to Newcastle in the fact they are in the news for the wrong reasons at times, they think they are this big club because of the side of their stadium(its even funnier when people say Sunderland are a big club - how!? they play in a 48,000 seater stadium which they never fill!) and the size of their fanbase when in reality, they are not and they got to accept unless they get taken over by a owner with billions in the bank, they will struggle to reach 6th place nevermind higher than that! Newcastle fans were very delusional around the 2004-2009 period because they still percieved themselves as one of the big boys but 2 relegations later that has changed somewhat and even though we attracted a manager of the standard of Benitez, there is little he can do unless the club gets a major financial boost, same with any club outside the top 6 really.

Posted
    17 hours ago, Geordiesnow said:

Who could West Ham honestly expect though? Ancelotti!? Your having a laugh, why would he go to them and is his personality not also a bit dull, he's been at big clubs and been sacked(perhaps quite harshly) by 4 clubs I believe(Chelsea, Madrid, PSG and Bayern) which may tell you something. I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as Avram Grant but does that not prove with Grant that a lot of stuff that happens on the field is down to the players and if you have not got the best players or the most confidence, your going to manage a team that will struggle. So which Avram Grant is the real one? the one who took West Ham down or the one who done ok at Chelsea? Leicester has shown nothing is impossible in football but it Also shows a manager is only as good as his players are and if his players are confident, then results will be positively consistant, if not it goes to the other way so like with Grant, which is the real Raneiri?

West Ham is a similar club to Newcastle in the fact they are in the news for the wrong reasons at times, they think they are this big club because of the side of their stadium(its even funnier when people say Sunderland are a big club - how!? they play in a 48,000 seater stadium which they never fill!) and the size of their fanbase when in reality, they are not and they got to accept unless they get taken over by a owner with billions in the bank, they will struggle to reach 6th place nevermind higher than that! Newcastle fans were very delusional around the 2004-2009 period because they still percieved themselves as one of the big boys but 2 relegations later that has changed somewhat and even though we attracted a manager of the standard of Benitez, there is little he can do unless the club gets a major financial boost, same with any club outside the top 6 really.

Nobody mentioned Ancelotti?..nobody said West Ham are a big club either..West Ham has a big loyal following like Newcastle but im not expecting Champions league football and the like..i was happy to stay at the Boelyn Ground and made that a 40-45k seater stadium thats all we needed..i dont want West Ham to turn into a Chelsea or Man City and lose its soul...i like the way Spurs play that's what i want to see from West Ham that will do for me...plus i would love to see Eddie Howe given a chance at a bigger club so why not West Ham?

Posted

Stoke goalkeeper Jack Butland will be out for up to 6 weeks after breaking a finger whilst training with England 

Edited by Summer Sun
    Posted
    Posted

Mike Dean is ref for the North London derby. Shame. It's usually a good game to watch, he'll ruin it.

Posted

Jurgen Klopp has admitted himself into hospital after feeling unwell he is due to be released this evening

Edited by Summer Sun
    Posted

The Premier League have voted for even more televised games, opening up the possibility for Saturday night fixtures. Yet again pandering to the armchair fans with no consideration for those who actually go to games. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
    6 hours ago, Nick L said:

The Premier League have voted for even more televised games, opening up the possibility for Saturday night fixtures. Yet again pandering to the armchair fans with no consideration for those who actually go to games. 

Just wait until they finally pander to the armchair fans in the Far East and we have 9am kick offs or ones at midnight so fans in China can watch while having their breakfast.

As you say bums on seats matter little to the media companies and advertisers although I hope they realise that half empty stadiums do nothing for the atmosphere, even when viewed on TV.

personally I like my 3pm Saturday games, the rest are a pain although thankfully having minimum live home games means this isn't often a problem.