Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

I was at WHL yesterday and said farewell after 118 years.I have been a season ticket for 26 years and have seen a lot more "thin" than "thick" in that time although the last 8 years things have got progressively better and this season has been amazing-17 wins and 2 draws!!The first time we have gone unbeaten in the League since 1964-65!!. I can honestly say the only game where we got outplayed was the Liverpool game when somehow we escaped with a 1-1 draw!!

Yesterday was so special to me and all the other Spurs fans and it was nice that the club adopted a "common sense" approach when the match finished and a peaceful pitch invasion started.The urge was too great for me and in an orderly fashion those that wanted to go on the "sacred turf" were allowed to do so and a special thank you must go to the Stewards approach who allowed you to do so.We had our 10-15mins on the pitch and then walked back to our seats to watch the Closing ceremony to say a last thank you to the spurs greats to some singing from a gospel choir and Band.It was a bidding farewell and i must admit i had a lump in my throat. I also managed to grab a clump of turf and i will keep that forever as a momento !!

Sad to say farewell but as we are moving only a 100 yrds it is not a goodbye and the future i hope is bright.

COYS

P.S. Congratulations to Chelsea-They have been the best team and are deserved winners of the PL but wow what a season we have had at Spurs-The best i have witnessed in my lifetime.

• Like 4
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Nick L said:

Aw David you hadn't made a snide comment towards me for a good month or so, thought you had forgotten me. :air_kiss:

And no sympathy at all for anyone who is stupid enough to go into the opposition fans and willingly blow their cover. I know as a United fan you're not familiar with the experience of being in a football ground, but it's just common sense. I just hope the home fans who passed on their tickets are issued with a lengthy ban.

I'm sorry nick but violence is not justified at all, whatever you say. It's brainless, moronic and tarnishes the game. As a lefty liberal I thought you'd be well against it. It is just a game after all. 

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Horrendous Season for Arsenal, we won't make top 4, that was clear weeks ago. Typical Arsenal, finish strong to paper over some earthquake sized cracks. 

We don't deserve a top 4 finish, at least Liverpool will give the Champions league a real go. Change needed, Wenger needs to do one and he can take the Yanks with him as far as I'm concerned. 

We might win the FA Cup, but we probably won't, it's not Aston Villa or Hull (no offense). Yet Wenger will still feel he is the man for the job and carry on turning the lights out at the emirates at the end of everyday. Arsenal FC not Arsene FC.

Rant over. Well done Chelsea, and well done Spurs for not winning anything........ again...... 

I have been in the wrong end twice, once for a Wales game v Denmark and once we scored we promptly told a steward and we were moved to the Wales end.

The second time was in a Cheltenham v Swans match, when the home police asked if the Swans fans wanted to move to the away end.

The first occasion we bought tickets outside the ground thinking they were for Wales fans. The second occasion the away end was a sellout.

On both occasions we were able to keep our cover.

By the way, great for the Swans staying up. 

Edited by J10
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, libertyjustice said:

Cant believe Chelsea aren't favourites for next year.  :cc_confused:

Does seem bizarre for both Manchester clubs to be ahead of them...

https://www.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/20430693

I'm tempted by that 3/1! The 9/1 Spurs one is good value IMO too.

Edited by Nick L

Ha Ha  Utd second Favourites?   we will see how transfers go on during the summer. But the Spurs and Liverpool look great value.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Ha Ha  Utd second Favourites?   we will see how transfers go on during the summer. But the Spurs and Liverpool look great value.  

Might have a pre-season tenner on a league winners accumulator. Did you read the story about one bloke who won £60k thanks to Villa's last minute equaliser against Brighton?

4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Might have a pre-season tenner on a league winners accumulator. Did you read the story about one bloke who won £60k thanks to Villa's last minute equaliser against Brighton?

Yep  in the local paper here.    I just cant believe how UTD are second favourites.   but then again i expect jose to spend a bucket load come the summer.    9-1 and 11-1  for spurs and Liverpool  looks very good indeed.   Liverpool faded through the middle of the season  mainly down to squad depth. and i know they will be europe next year  but a few more players and they will be up there   and the same for the spurs who have a cracking young squad.  City have to spend  as there squad is ageing.    As an outsider  maybe worth a flutter for everton for a top 4 finish.

2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yep  in the local paper here.    I just cant believe how UTD are second favourites.   but then again i expect jose to spend a bucket load come the summer.    9-1 and 11-1  for spurs and Liverpool  looks very good indeed.   Liverpool faded through the middle of the season  mainly down to squad depth. and i know they will be europe next year  but a few more players and they will be up there   and the same for the spurs who have a cracking young squad.  City have to spend  as there squad is ageing.    As an outsider  maybe worth a flutter for everton for a top 4 finish.

Remember that odds are dictated by the punters! If loads of people are piling money on United to win the league then it would make sense, if very optimistic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, libertyjustice said:

I think the odds for Tottenham and Liverpool are high because of the new stadium for Spurs and the lack of squad depth + EUROPE for Liverpool. 

That's the point though.

There is a whole summer transfer window approaching so the current lack of squad depth might not be there in August.

• Like 1

Nope, I won't be placing any bets until the beginning of August, when each teams starting line-ups become that bit clearer.

I can guarantee the odds will be different to what they currently are then. 

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON.

Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

FB_IMG_1495038763614.thumb.jpg.53fd878a505ff1d4fadbf884d271ffdc.jpg

Edited by AWD
  • Like 5

The FA have finally decided to clamp down on the cheats who think it's acceptable to dive and win a penalty

Once one or 2 are banned they'll soon stop

Edited by Summer Sun

Think Kane should consider moving to another league and ply his trade at one of the best clubs in Europe as i think it will benefit his own career(aslong as he plays) but his England career as he will sample a different type of football and it might make him a better player for England.

You got to say though, in the last 2 seasons, hes a goal machine and i do hope he gets the golden boot.

6 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Think Kane should consider moving to another league and ply his trade at one of the best clubs in Europe as i think it will benefit his own career(aslong as he plays) but his England career as he will sample a different type of football and it might make him a better player for England.

You got to say though, in the last 2 seasons, hes a goal machine and i do hope he gets the golden boot.

And to think at the beginning of season 15/16 pundits were questioning whether he was the real deal.