Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion


Recommended Posts

Really important win for the Swans today and thoroughly deserved.

But the standard of refereeing really needs to be looked at.

Burnley were awarded a penalty when their striker Sam Vokes handled the ball, a shocking decision. (I know that Burnley have had some bad calls this season and are doing really well this year.)

But what was pleasing is that the Swans never gave up, when earlier in the season would have given up and probably lost 3-1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

Watching Arsenal V liverpool. Arsenal tactics not working and Whinger hoped to get to half time only one day. Didn't work so two nil down and a mountain to climb.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently there was a stamp by the Bournemouth defender or was there???

Arsenal have pulled a goal back and looking much better.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What would say about the teams chasing Chelsea they are a back four short of table topping side. Liverpool probably lack a reliable goalscorer as well. Sturridge is too injury prone. Man UTD have the defense but can't score enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good counter but poor tactics by Whinger in the first half cost them the game.

Edited by The PIT
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nick L said:

Just seen the Ibrahimovic elbow, bloody hell, he'll be out for a few games when the FA look at that.

Didn't see the stamp on his head by Mings before that then?? I'd say that pretty much merited a flailing elbow, wouldn't you?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThankfulNiftyHeron.webm

It's no exaggeration to say that those studs to the head could have been fatal. Pure nastiness by Mings IMO.

 

Pretty sure the ref saw the Zlatan elbow incident as he spoke to Zlatan afterwards...Bet he won't say that in his match report though. Mings should be looking at a 6 game ban for that. However it's perfectly plausible the ref says he saw both incidents and deemed both of them as non deliberate- in which case both teams escape as six of one and half a dozen of the other. I think that is what both United and Bournemouth are hoping for as both players downplayed the incidents afterwards...Zlatan saying he didn't see who stood on his head and Mings downplaying it as a good duel between them both.

A lot of politics involved in this one for the FA to untangle but I wouldn't be surprised to see United not complain if Mings is let off in return for the same being granted to Zlatan.

Edited by CreweCold
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Didn't see the stamp on his head by Mings before that then?? I'd say that pretty much merited a flailing elbow, wouldn't you?

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThankfulNiftyHeron.webm

It's no exaggeration to say that those studs to the head could have been fatal. Pure nastiness by Mings IMO.

 

Pretty sure the ref saw the Zlatan elbow incident as he spoke to Zlatan afterwards...Bet he won't say that in his match report though. Mings should be looking at a 6 game ban for that. However it's perfectly plausible the ref says he saw both incidents and deemed both of them as non deliberate- in which case both teams escape as six of one and half a dozen of the other. I think that is what both United and Bournemouth are hoping for as both players downplayed the incidents afterwards...Zlatan saying he didn't see who stood on his head and Mings downplaying it as a good duel between them both.

A lot of politics involved in this one for the FA to untangle but I wouldn't be surprised to see United not complain if Mings is let off in return for the same being granted to Zlatan.

BBC News didn't show it while I caught the first 10 minutes of Sportsday before work, so no, I literally did not see it. Should both get bans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick L said:

BBC News didn't show it while I caught the first 10 minutes of Sportsday before work, so no, I literally did not see it. Should both get bans.

That's the trouble with the media...too focused on Jose and United, along with his players. The media report what the media want you to see.

I can guarantee if that had been Zlatan with the stamp and Mings with the elbow, most people would have been saying 'oh Zlatan deserved that'.

Edited by CreweCold
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nick L said:

BBC News didn't show it while I caught the first 10 minutes of Sportsday before work, so no, I literally did not see it. Should both get bans.

Agreed they should both get bans.

I also wish they would get rid of the nonsense whether the ref saw it or not, it shouldn't matter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CreweCold said:

That's the trouble with the media...too focused on Jose and United, along with his players. The media report what the media want you to see.

I can guarantee if that had been Zlatan with the stamp and Mings with the elbow, most people would have been saying 'oh Zlatan deserved that'.

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment because if you watch it again, you'll see it was actually Zlatan who attempted to stamp on Mings first and then went down clutching his leg like he'd been hurt badly..:rolleyes: 

If he hadn't been play acting on the ground Mings would never have stepped on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment because if you watch it again, you'll see it was actually Zlatan who attempted to stamp on Mings first and then went down clutching his leg like he'd been hurt badly..:rolleyes: 

If he hadn't been play acting on the ground Mings would never have stepped on him.

Lucky there is nothing but a brick in Zlatan's head, he didn't feel a thing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...