Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

10 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Every week football seems to find a new way to embarrass itself but the greatest underdog premier league champions sacking their manager less than 9 months later shows how much the game has lost any moral values it ever had.

did the owners actually think they could repeat the impossible.

No, but I think they expected Leicester to finish at worst 10th, they most likely expected at least in Europe

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, J10 said:

I think this is very sad. From an external point of view it seems very harsh indeed.

Some of the players need to take a long hard look at themselves for this season.

Not often we agree on football matters but I do here. I don't think I've ever felt so sad about a manager being sacked. One of the nicest blokes in football and helped achieve the most incredible triumph in team sport. The game's gone.

• Like 1

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday they could be at the bottom of the premier league and that is where they deserve to stay. Good luck to Claudio,

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday they could be at the bottom of the premier league and that is where they deserve to stay. Good luck to Claudio,

I wonder how much is being made in the Asian betting market!!!

23 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I sort of do. But will it really teach the players a lesson? At the end of the day they will still get their obscene pay packets, and they will simply move on to another club at the end of it. They won't care, and they won't be affected.

The ones who will suffer the most from a relegation will be the fans.

35 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I sort of do. But will it really teach the players a lesson? At the end of the day they will still get their obscene pay packets, and they will simply move on to another club at the end of it. They won't care, and they won't be affected.

The ones who will suffer the most from a relegation will be the fans.

Yes sadly the players won't be affected too much. Feel sorry for the fans, but they have become used to being a yo-yo club and they had their moment of glory last season that will live long in their memories.

6 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

They should be hanging their heads in shame if this is true and taking a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Football is all about money. Going down will cost Leicester a lot of money. What the owners haven't realized is that changing managers rarely saves the club. If the players are unhappy because they aren't playing it's because they are playing like brown stuff with legs on.

Last year was a fluke they were always going to struggle this season hence all the effort in Europe.

I think Sam Allerdyce and Pulis are the only managers that have taken over and stopped a club from being relegated.

Players have far too much influence these days. Locked into mega money contracts and always wanting more for seemingly minimal effort. It all seems rotten these days, from board room level, to agents, to the players themselves.

The thing is, if the team had just got on with it, stuck together and followed the manager's commands to a tee, they wouldn't even be staring relegation in the face right now.

I thoroughly believe that in situations like this, the owners should call the players' bluff and back the manager to the hilt. Make it clear they won't be sold and will have to see out their contracts regardless. See how many of them suddenly pull up their socks when they realise they could be showcasing their skills in the Championship.

Would also make sense to start putting clauses in these contracts which stipulate salary will be halved (for example) upon relegation.

Edited by CreweCold

Footballers as long as they are getting paid are quite happy not to bother pulling their socks up.  I remember Paul Devlin at United wanted to leave told that he couldn't and the result was that he sulked played garbage. To me the more logical approach would be to play better basically sell myself so an incoming bid is too good to be ignored.  It's also amazing how many players suddenly turn rubbish when they get the contract signed.

A gutsy performance by the Swans today 1-3 away to Chelsea, and a big call for a Swans penalty at 1-1,

I wonder if Chris Sutton will make a massive thing about the Swans being robbed like in the home game. :rofl:

Edited by J10