Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

20 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Braintree Town

Ok.. I see they've not been doing too bad lately, having reached the FA cup second round for the first time their history.:good:

What position did you play?

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Ok.. I see they've not been doing too bad lately, having reached the FA cup second round for the first time their history.:good:

What position did you play?

Central midfield mostly..although occasionally i would play centre forward..this was in my hay day..later in my career i was a centre back and then a sweeper

30 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Central midfield mostly..although occasionally i would play centre forward..this was in my hay day..later in my career i was a centre back and then a sweeper

We usually do as we get older.. I played as a winger/attacker until around 33/34 then moved back to playing at the back since.. My main position now though is right/left back.

My age is slowly catching up with me now - any injuries I get seems to take longer to heal. I done my gluteus a few years back and it's still affects me when I sprint .. Right now I have problems with my feet.:(

4 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

We usually do as we get older.. I played as a winger/attacker until around 33/34 then moved back to playing at the back since.. My main position now though is right/left back.

My age is slowly catching up with me now - any injuries I get seems to take longer to heal. I done my gluteus a few years back and it's still affects me when I sprint .. Right now I have problems with my feet.:(

i retired at 32 due to a cruciate ligament knee injury..and went into coaching

1 minute ago, cheeky_monkey said:

i retired at 32 due to a cruciate ligament knee injury..and went into coaching

That's a bad injury.. how did that happen then?

32 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

That's a bad injury.. how did that happen then?

basically i suffered a slight knock to my knee in the first game of the season..nothing serious..however i carried on playing for the next 6 weeks even though it did not feel right..then finally in the November i went up for a header and when i landed my knee just completely gave way...i had 2 operations over the next 18 months..but due to the grafts taken from my hamstring to make my knee solid..i was unable to sprint at all without my hamstring cramping..so there was no prospect of me ever playing competitive football again.

4 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

basically i suffered a slight knock to my knee in the first game of the season..nothing serious..however i carried on playing for the next 6 weeks even though it did not feel right..then finally in the November i went up for a header and when i landed my knee just completely gave way...i had 2 operations over the next 18 months..but due to the grafts taken from my hamstring to make my knee solid..i was unable to sprint at all without my hamstring cramping..so there was no prospect of me ever playing competitive football again.

Yeah, you should've rested it from that knock, but anyway... Gonna go get ready for work - nice chatting with you:good:

This really shows Ranieri in a good light. Dyer was on loan at Leicester last season, and played a small part in their success.

It is disappointing for Dyer, and I hope he comes back fitter and stronger next season. 

Nathan Dyer.JPG

On 2/16/2017 at 14:02, Summer Sun said:

Mark Clattenburg is to quit his job as a Premier League referee to take up a position in Saudi Arabia he is expected to leave before the next round of PL fixtures a week Saturday

Cool! United 1 less man now

• Like 2
On 16/02/2017 at 14:02, Summer Sun said:

Mark Clattenburg is to quit his job as a Premier League referee to take up a position in Saudi Arabia he is expected to leave before the next round of PL fixtures a week Saturday

He will still be leaving at the end of the season

Well done Ranieri, you gave Leicester fans something they will never forget , it is just a shame his players could not remember and put some effort in . However selling Kante was massive it will be interesting if ranieri agreed to it .

Edited by Mark wheeler
1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

Well done Ranieri, you have Leicester fans something they will never forget , it is just a shame his players could not remember and put some effort in . However selling Kante was massive it will be interesting if ranieri agreed to it .

Yes Kante was a big loss, I don't think Ranieri would have let him go unless the player wanted to leave. The players couldn't be bothered and thought they could turn up and win games without the same ethos as last season. 

• Like 1

Every week football seems to find a new way to embarrass itself but the greatest underdog premier league champions sacking their manager less than 9 months later shows how much the game has lost any moral values it ever had.

did the owners actually think they could repeat the impossible.