Premier League Discussion

3 minutes ago, J10 said:

Certainly  more exciting than the title race.

Chelsea have never even looked like being caught this season, fair play to them.

Bookies could be paying out a hefty sum on Leicester for the second year running, could get odds in excess of 50/1 for them to go down at the start of the season.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

So you're happy to stand with them, but at the same time would boo their national anthem, a bit contradictory I think?   Fwiw, I don't agree with the anthem being played before prem games either, as

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON. Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Nick L said:

Chelsea have never even looked like being caught this season, fair play to them.

Bookies could be paying out a hefty sum on Leicester for the second year running, could get odds in excess of 50/1 for them to go down at the start of the season.

It is indeed a strong possibility that Leicester could be relegated. I was interested in a  few discussions pundits were having over the weekend suggesting Ranieri could soon be sacked. In my opinion if they lose to Swansea away  then they should sack him. There is no room for sentiment in  football,  and Leicester's relegation would be very costly.

You look at Hull who are improving under Marco Silva, as are Swansea under Paul Clement. Sunderland are  turning a corner, too. Only Palace are rivalling Leicester for bad form at the minute. The situation could be very dire come Easter if Leicester fail to improve. 

Rowett could be  a good choice post-Ranieri.

it is mighty strange how Leicester have gone from being relegation candidates one year to Champions the next and back to relegation candidates all in the space of 3 seasons..if they do get relegated it would make the best Hollywood sports film ever

2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

who actually runs the FA?..certainly never seen anyone from the higher echelons of football involved in its running..where are the ex pros, managers and coaches etc.?

i don't have a lot of confidence in them myself but i had to smirk at the thought of HM government, another set of overpaid, out of touch idiots telling me they are not fit to govern.

although at least the FA aren't wasting my hard earned money

2 hours ago, iand61 said:

i don't have a lot of confidence in them myself but i had to smirk at the thought of HM government, another set of overpaid, out of touch idiots telling me they are not fit to govern.

although at least the FA aren't wasting my hard earned money

they are in a way as they receive funding from the govt

i have had a few run in with the FA disciplinary board all be it at local level...i remember appealing a 6 match ban for a red card i got in a cup semi final...nothing malicious just two yellows card offences..plus the second was a penalty that cost us the match..now you think that would be punishment enough as i let the team down..but no i got a 6 match ban simply because it was a semi final.. i was told at the hearing and i should know better..by some old fogeys in blazers and ties..wtf it was an eastern counties cup not the world cup.

Edited by cheeky_monkey
23 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

they are in a way as they receive funding from the govt

i have had a few run in with the FA disciplinary board all be it at local level...i remember appealing a 6 match ban for a red card i got in a cup semi final...nothing malicious just two yellows card offences..plus the second was a penalty that cost us the match..now you think that would be punishment enough as i let the team down..but no i got a 6 match ban simply because it was a semi final.. i was told at the hearing and i should know better..by some old fogeys in blazers and ties..wtf it was an eastern counties cup not the world cup.

Who did you used to play for.. if you don't mind me asking..?

Lucky Arsenal yet again.

at the end of the season it's only points which count but take referee's decisions out of it it and their tally wouldn't look anywhere near as healthy as it does.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

May aswell hand the trophy to Chelsea now...intriguing race for top 4 emerging now though. Wide open.

They'll not come away from our place with anything other than frostbite tomorrow:D

• Like 4

Pochettino has to shoulder the blame for this one I'm afraid. Time and again Liverpool have shown that their game plan will include a first half of pressing. What do Spurs do? Play the ball around the back and play right into Liverpool's hands- this despite having a couple of first choice defenders out. Even the smaller teams have figured out how to crack Liverpool and render them toothless yet the supposed 'best up and coming manager' hasn't figured this? 

Damage was done all in about 25 minutes at start of first half.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Pochettino has to shoulder the blame for this one I'm afraid. Time and again Liverpool have shown that their game plan will include a first half of pressing. What do Spurs do? Play the ball around the back and play right into Liverpool's hands- this despite having a couple of first choice defenders out. Even the smaller teams have figured out how to crack Liverpool and render them toothless yet the supposed 'best up and coming manager' hasn't figured this? 

Damage was done all in about 25 minutes at start of first half.

You're just frustrated :rofl:

2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

You're just frustrated :rofl:

At what?

I wanted a Liverpool win before the match as it serves to reign Tottenham in. The more teams that are around us on terms of points, the more chance that one of them will slip up enough to let us in. Brilliant result tbh. Only 1 point behind you and 2 points behind the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham. Game on!

Can still see 'Pool finishing outside of top 4. Tottenham were woeful today and made Liverpool looks miles better than they were. Walked into pretty much every trap in that first half. Traps that even the smaller teams haven't been walking in to.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1