Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    33 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

    Jesus is some player City on fire

    3-0

    Christians will love it :oops:

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

    Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

    97 points only 1 defeat in the league all season and still not win the title..if you had said that at the beginning of the season you would have got more likes from Man U fans than a Steve Murr winter

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

    Christians will love it :oops:

    Shame he's not the goalkeeper!:rofl:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres

    Hull having a right go 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres

    If there was a slight chance man Utd were going to win the league they really needed to win tonight  0 0 not good enough 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
  • Location: Wildwood, Stafford 104m asl
    1 minute ago, weirpig said:

    If there was a slight chance man Utd were going to win the league they really needed to win tonight  0 0 not good enough 

    gosh, Hull must have been good! but united lucky again, sigh, 4 of top teams dropped points, only Man City winning

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

    Can anyone point out to me how exactly Mourinho has improved United? He's spent a vast sum of money and frankly I'm struggling to see the improvement since LVG has sacked, the league table doesn't lie so what am I missing? 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Hertford
  • Location: Hertford
    1 minute ago, Nick L said:

    Can anyone point out to me how exactly Mourinho has improved United? He's spent a vast sum of money and frankly I'm struggling to see the improvement since LVG has sacked, the league table doesn't lie so what am I missing? 

    A vast difference! We have had to many draws, but our style and football has improved 10 fold on last season, there is a lot of transfer business to be done in the summer, more out than in, all that's really needed is a top striker

    i have watched every match this season, and there is just an excitement about the way we are playing, even tonight, I was disappointed, but really enjoyed the match and the passion shown

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

    I'll take yer word for it! But 6th place and just one more league goal than 18th placed Crystal Palace doesn't look great on paper considering the dosh put into that squad. United just seem to always be "one transfer window" away from breaking the top 4 for the last few years.

    Edited by Nick L
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
  • Location: Sedgley Black country 731ft 222 metres
    8 minutes ago, Nick L said:

    I'll take yer word for it! But 6th place and just one more league goal than 18th placed Crystal Palace doesn't look great on paper considering the dosh put into that squad. United just seem to always be "one transfer window" away from breaking the top 4 for the last few years.

    I agree  I've seen Utd play a few times and to be honest they are were they deserve to be   The money they have spent is amazing  and to be honest they prob still need a good 5 or 6 players  I will be amazed if they make top 4  

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
  • Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
    20 minutes ago, weirpig said:

    I agree  I've seen Utd play a few times and to be honest they are were they deserve to be   The money they have spent is amazing  and to be honest they prob still need a good 5 or 6 players  I will be amazed if they make top 4  

    Maureen stormed out of the post-match interview :D

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    On 31/01/2017 at 20:58, CreweCold said:

    Yeah but every time our rivals have slipped up, so have we....it's just what happens lately.

    And there we have it...said this last night. It has happened every time this season.

    No chance of making top 4.

    Yes our play has improved massively but we badly need a goal scorer in the team because other than Zlatan this season, goals have been hard to come by.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    1 hour ago, Nick L said:

    Can anyone point out to me how exactly Mourinho has improved United? He's spent a vast sum of money and frankly I'm struggling to see the improvement since LVG has sacked, the league table doesn't lie so what am I missing? 

    There's more to it than that...our play has improved massively and it's clear to see. We create so many chances per game but no-one can seem to hit a barn door. It's like everyone has forgotten how to finish and it's really really frustrating to watch. 

    Our general play puts us higher than 6th but our goal scoring/chance conversion is just brutally bad- there's no covering that up.

    I read a stat the other day that we are around or at top of chances created but our chances converted puts us in amongst the relegation zone teams. Had we converted even a fraction more of our created chances we'd be up there with Chelsea!

    Edited by CreweCold
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Morecambe
  • Location: Morecambe

    I also feel United has improved under Mourinho but I do feel the stick LVG got was totally unjust considering what that man achieved in his manergerial career and the fact United were not that far away really and actually did finish in the top 4 under him! The football may of been defensive and some results were poor but I just feel he should of been given more time imo.

    Anyways I feel Mourinho is doing his usual deflection tactics by walking out of the post match interview when a question was in reference of the referee. I think its getting rather pathetic this childish behaviour when a reporter asks a question which involves the ref and that he thinks the ref's are totally against him, I'll be surprised if Mourinho is there by the end of next season because failure to make the top 4 with the money he spent and the players he got would be a major black mark against him and would put enormous pressure on him for next season and if they struggle again, I cant see him lasting.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    1 hour ago, Geordiesnow said:

    I also feel United has improved under Mourinho but I do feel the stick LVG got was totally unjust considering what that man achieved in his manergerial career and the fact United were not that far away really and actually did finish in the top 4 under him! The football may of been defensive and some results were poor but I just feel he should of been given more time imo.

    Anyways I feel Mourinho is doing his usual deflection tactics by walking out of the post match interview when a question was in reference of the referee. I think its getting rather pathetic this childish behaviour when a reporter asks a question which involves the ref and that he thinks the ref's are totally against him, I'll be surprised if Mourinho is there by the end of next season because failure to make the top 4 with the money he spent and the players he got would be a major black mark against him and would put enormous pressure on him for next season and if they struggle again, I cant see him lasting.

    The last I heard the board were completely happy with him and are willing to back him to the hilt in the summer transfer window. They are reportedly very happy with the style of play but as I say, Mourinho can not kick the ball into the net for the players. It's not an issue of tactics or style of play, we just cannot put the ball in the back of the net. There are many games this season where realistically we should have won 5 or 6-0.

    There was no way Mourinho could have foreseen our attacking players being so profligate during the last summer window. Which is why I'm guessing he's reportedly targetting Griezmann in the next one.

    Oh and RE your Van Gaal point....no, just no. The football under Van Gaal was turgid, horrible stuff...it would bore you to tears. Under Mourinho the style of play is VASTLY improved.

    Edited by CreweCold
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
    7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

    He's a big baby just like Trump.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl

    I think Costa is wearing a thong :laugh:

     

    IMG-20170202-WA0000.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    2 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

    He's a big baby just like Trump.

    Klopp has spat his dummy out just as many times this season, especially more recently. His mask has slipped several times, actually quite nasty on the touchline at times too. However, he is the media darling at the moment so less is made of it.

    All managers will be passionate and show it in different ways, I'd be more concerned if they weren't.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

    I think Costa is wearing a thong :laugh:

     

    IMG-20170202-WA0000.jpg

    Thanks for that, I've just eaten.

    lol

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
    Just now, CreweCold said:

    Klopp has spat his dummy out just as many times this season, especially more recently. His mask has slipped several times, actually quite nasty on the touchline at times too. However, he is the media darling at the moment so less is made of it.

    All managers will be passionate and show it in different ways, I'd be more concerned if they weren't.

    He's not as bad as Jose.. No way!

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
    1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

    Thanks for that, I've just eaten.

    lol

    :rofl:..sorry!

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
  • Location: Crewe, Cheshire
    Just now, D.V.R said:

    He's not as bad as Jose.. No way!

    I actually think the worst one is Wenger. Possibly the most miserable sod of 'em all 

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
  • Location: Croydon. South London. 286 ft asl
    Just now, CreweCold said:

    I actually think the worst one is Wenger. Possibly the most miserable sod of 'em all 

    I don't know actually.. I don't ever recall Wenger walking out an interview. Their personalities are very alike though.

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...