Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
    3 minutes ago, AWD said:

Liverpool were out of the title race in November.  It's all about the top 4 now.

Chelsea have one hand on the title already.  Very close behind though.

Thankfully results elsewhere went our way today meaning any damage to our position following our crud result is negligible for now.

Arsenal still to play, they must be rubbing their hands with the opportunity to go 2nd.  Nice to be firmly in the mix for once though & a little relieved (although still Tuted off a bit too) that things didn't go from bad to worse today.

We have a run of very hard games to come soon . I take nothing for granted . Especially after last season .

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

The Taxpayer's Stadium will look even more daft in the Championship. 

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
    Just now, Mark wheeler said:

We have a run of very hard games to come soon . I take nothing for granted . Especially after last season .

True, but even if you lose a couple, you still have a large enough cushion to remain top.  I can't see you dropping 10 more points than what Spurs, Arsenal & Liverpool will between now & the end of the season.

In fact, I can see you lot increasing your lead further as Man City, Liverpool & Manchester United especially, look like they have further points to drop based on the last few matches of each club. 

It could be a top 3 from London this season.

I ain't no Chelsea fan, far from it, but seeing as my team is out of contest for the league now, good luck to you lot on the run in.  

Although, if you could give us 3 points when you come to Anfield in a couple of weeks, that would be greatly appreciated.  8)

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Still can"t believe how we nicked a point at City. We were pretty much battered for most of the game and Hugo will want to forget the game(not one of his favourite grounds in recent years!!).But the big positive is we kept going even though we were far from our best and 2 shots on target and 2 goals:yahoo:-You can"t argue with that. Big winners though are Chelsea though and you would expect a comfortable 3 pts for them tomorrow.Mind you i thought that before the Liverpool game.......:cc_confused:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

City should have won that game, and Rose should have been sent off...

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Awful clash of heads between Gary Cahill and Ryan Mason with Mason coming off far worse he's conscious but medics taking as much time as they need to get him off

Edited by Summer Sun
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Didn't expect to get anything at Arsenal but after the beyond extra time, offside, hand balled effort that gave them the points at the Turf earlier in the season I'd have hoped that the game would have been decided by a player and not an official but again it was not to be.

It probably was a penalty but was clearly a yard offside so the game should have stopped before Ben Mee tried to do his acrobatics.

never mind Leicester next and back to hoping our home form will pull us across the line.

• Like 1
    Posted

Chelsea 1-0 Hull

Costa 45+7

Edited by Summer Sun
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
    33 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Didn't expect to get anything at Arsenal but after the beyond extra time, offside, hand balled effort that gave them the points at the Turf earlier in the season I'd have hoped that the game would have been decided by a player and not an official but again it was not to be.

It probably was a penalty but was clearly a yard offside so the game should have stopped before Ben Mee tried to do his acrobatics.

never mind Leicester next and back to hoping our home form will pull us across the line.

Bad decision again by the officials.

Wenger crying like a baby on the touchline because of the Burnley penalty.. :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Chelsea doing what is needed so far . Costa decided to do the birdie song as his celebration.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
    Just now, D.V.R said:

Wenger crying like a baby on the touchline because of the Burnley penalty.. :laugh:

At least he probably right when he says that he didn't see whether the play that led to the winning goal was offside.

difficult to view from up the tunnel with tears in your eyes.

• Like 1
    Posted
    18 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye.. I can't believe you got a draw!

Posted

Hull giving as good as they're getting at the moment and certainly not playing like a team in the bottom three.

Posted
    9 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Hull giving as good as they're getting at the moment and certainly not playing like a team in the bottom three.

2-0 looks like I put the kiss of death on that one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

CHE 2-0 HUL! maybe not that good for United yesterday, with Arsenal winning earlier

Posted
    3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Awful clash of heads between Gary Cahill and Ryan Mason with Mason coming off far worse he's conscious but medics taking as much time as they need to get him off

Ryan has been taken to London's St Mary's Hospital in Paddington which is one of London’s four major trauma centres

Hopefully this is just a precaution rather than anything too serious

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
    22 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Do you mean Danny or Kyle Walker for the push on Sterling when he was clean through on Goal?>Danny did do a couple of hard tackles but  didn"t get booked and had his usual solid 7/10 game for me.

Posted

Some more positive news compared to the mirror

Wishing him a speedy recovery

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    7 hours ago, D.V.R said:

Arsenal must be the luckiest team in the prem. 

Serial bottlers who start well in the title race, have their obligatory dip in form as the heat cranks up but then pull it back around to land nicely in the top 4. Same pattern every year.

As for today, it should have ended 1-1...offside play for the penalty win. Officiating has been shocking across the board this season- it's time for video replays IMO.

Posted
    2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Arsenal must be the luckiest team in the prem. 

Serial bottlers who start well in the title race, have their obligatory dip in form as the heat cranks up but then pull it back around to land nicely in the top 4. Same pattern every year.

As for today, it should have ended 1-1...offside play for the penalty win. Officiating has been shocking across the board this season- it's time for video replays IMO.

They are very lucky, I agree, but your team's also been very lucky on a few occasions :db:

And yes, we should have video replays. :good:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Enjoy the Cup Chelsea, maybe one day someone at LFC will realize you need a defence to win the league, until then..............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

United luckiest team more like, thought they always had 12 men

On 21/01/2017 at 14:53, davehsug said:

He's been a huge disappointment no doubt. Playing regularly & in a team who's style is very much the footballing approach of Swansea, I expectes him to do better and score a few goals. I think China may be callibg though!

Am i right in saying he has only scored in 1 game this season. :D

I thought he would do well at Stoke, but I was wrong (again). I do think he will end up in china.