Premier League Discussion

Congrats to Leicester, perhaps I can stop feeling a bit guilty that we relegated them to league 1 on the day we were promoted to the prem!

A little flame of hope has been lit in the hearts of all of us who support ordinary clubs. There does seem to have been a definite change in the last couple of seasons. It seemed for years that teams just turned up to play the "big" clubs, expecting to be beaten & settling for it, believing that wasn't their battle. More recently, they get beaten regularly & this seems to have shown the rest that you can beat them, or at least have a go. I doubt a Leicester will win the title again for a while, but I'd like to think the top 4 is going to be fought over by a lot more teams on a regular basis.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

All this coming from the same poster who said Falcao was the best striker in the world when he joined united and would score 25-30 goals that season..Di Mairia is world class and would be best thing s

Posted Images

Watching some of the MOTD highlights...........How did Spurs keep 11 men on the pitch? Some shocking tackles

15 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Reports saying Ladbrokes will no longer offer 5000/1 for an outsider 

A bookie has also paid out £3million tonight 

Nor they should, its a remarkable story for sure and fair play to them but the figure 5000/1 is what sucking people into believing that an impossible achievement was made possible. Bookies were arrogant to make such ridiculas odds on a sport where in theory anything is possible and now its bitten them in the backside!

Now lets hear all the negative talk that Leicester won't be able to challenge next season and Spurs will be one of the favs. Looking forward too see how Leicester will do next season, just hope they can keep a hold of their team and their manager!

2 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Nor they should, its a remarkable story for sure and fair play to them but the figure 5000/1 is what sucking people into believing that an impossible achievement was made possible. Bookies were arrogant to make such ridiculas odds on a sport where in theory anything is possible and now its bitten them in the backside!

Now lets hear all the negative talk that Leicester won't be able to challenge next season and Spurs will be one of the favs. Looking forward too see how Leicester will do next season, just hope they can keep a hold of their team and their manager!

They also have the added challenge of a Champions League campaign. They've been fortunate to have few cup distractions this season.

I kind of worried that Leicester will be another Leeds. They won the title in 92 obviously but struggled badly in the first premier league season don't think they managed to win away at all (I know my club rangers beat them home and away to qualify for the champions league that season) Hope to god they can put a good fight up next season

7 hours ago, davehsug said:

Congrats to Leicester, perhaps I can stop feeling a bit guilty that we relegated them to league 1 on the day we were promoted to the prem!

A little flame of hope has been lit in the hearts of all of us who support ordinary clubs. There does seem to have been a definite change in the last couple of seasons. It seemed for years that teams just turned up to play the "big" clubs, expecting to be beaten & settling for it, believing that wasn't their battle. More recently, they get beaten regularly & this seems to have shown the rest that you can beat them, or at least have a go. I doubt a Leicester will win the title again for a while, but I'd like to think the top 4 is going to be fought over by a lot more teams on a regular basis.

Coupled with the big teams in decline neither Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man UTD are not any great shakes. They took advantage and showed no fear. They must have a good scouting system or don't simply buy players to bums on seats. Huth and the Morgans of the world wouldn't be considered for the likes of Man U or Arsenal. Perhaps there are gems that be found without going for the big names.

12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Leicester are 33/1 to win the premier league next season and 25/1 to go down with sky bet

Definitely worth another punt at those odds- if they can keep the same squad together with a few additions, why shouldn't they challenge again? They are certainly very well organised and difficult to beat. Will the bookies ever learn? An incredible story.

Hats off to Leicester...they deserve to be Champions,Spurs so near only lost 4 games,so far!

Leicester fought hard all season every game im chuffed for them,gutted about the result for Spurs last night....but thats football win some lose some draw some.

What I don't understand is since when have Tottenham become the most hated team in the premiership......???

As for it being a dirty game last night...yeah you are right but the Chav's got what they deserved in my eyes.......... Tottenham are known for good football, but last night showed that they can fight as well and we cannot be bullied any more.

You will not find many real Tottenham fans who will not congratulate Leicester on their fantastic achievement tbh. 

Just got to hope that we don't totally fall away and finish behind the big mouth goons!!!! 

34 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

What I don't understand is since when have Tottenham become the most hated team in the premiership......???

As for it being a dirty game last night...yeah you are right but the Chav's got what they deserved in my eyes.......... Tottenham are known for good football, but last night showed that they can fight as well and we cannot be bullied any more.

You will not find many real Tottenham fans who will not congratulate Leicester on their fantastic achievement tbh. 

Just got to hope that we don't totally fall away and finish behind the big mouth goons!!!! 

they haven't as far as I aware...that's title still belongs to Man Utd

2 hours ago, Yarmy said:

Plucky little Bournemouth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189779

However many a club have fallen on very hard times because of spending silly money to stay up. The annoying thing teams that play by the rules possibly miss out on promotion. 

Spurs can win the title next year.

3 hours ago, Flash Elvis said:

They haven't it's just that Leicester are smaller and could never do it.

2 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

Then why was everybody wishing Leicester to win the league????

Does it really need explaining? Really?! It's quite possibly the greatest sporting story ever told!!

Edited by Nick L
4 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

Then why was everybody wishing Leicester to win the league????

Because it is likely to be a once in a lifetime footballing achievement to see a club favourites for relegation win the league.

Spurs winning the league, whilst good and preferable to the usual clan, isn't exactly beyond the realms of fantasy thinking.  Spurs are a good side and should be winning the league unlike the prospect of Leicester winning the league back in August.

It's a case of the underdog sticking one against the power houses of football that a lot of neutrals like.

24 minutes ago, The PIT said:

However many a club have fallen on very hard times because of spending silly money to stay up. The annoying thing teams that play by the rules possibly miss out on promotion. 

Spurs can win the title next year.

Yes, it's daft that they will receive only a fine and no other penalty because of the Prem rules. Had they missed promotion and remained in the Football League, they would have received a transfer embargo like Forest, Fulham and Bolton. The rules are a farce: the FL and EPL should have agreed on consistent punishments. It encourages gambling to achieve promotion which is the what the FFP rules are meant to prevent.