Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

West Brom might have a chance of a point today Tony Cottee is at the game for Soccer Saturday

United could and should be 5 r 6 down... Sterling having a mere, If it was not for Liverpool City would be the new unbeatables this season in the league 

The champions have almost completed their coronation to the crown

Not yet two all now City just can't defend as they demonstrated against Liverpool.

That was quick!

34 minutes ago, NUT said:

The champions have almost completed their coronation to the crown

3-2 Man U

What a turn around!

Three two to Manure. City defense a shambles. Liverpool will be looking at this and going yum ym.

One of Jose's thermonuclear half-time enemas?:bomb:

Maybe City aren't quite as good as many would have you believe?!

What a come back, even if City end up ultimately winning the game. 

2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

One of Jose's thermonuclear half-time enemas?:bomb:

Well if he lost he would have been booted out end of season.

Agüero injured which is the big problem for him can only play 15 games before getting injured apparently back up.

If United sit back they'll concede.

Posted (edited)

Manure win Cities defense weakness exposed. Can city win at Spurs. Spurs well capable of beating them unless of course they sit back. Okay City can't win the title at Spurs. You never know it may be against Swansea they do it.

Edited by The PIT

I wonder what Liverpool fans feel when the derby games was 2nd fiddle to the champions league.

Great comeback but how wasn't Ashley Young sent off for that stone wall penalty? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What a game

Proud of the team today, the desire to win that match after the half time restart was obvious. Whatever Jose said at half time worked. 

No way we were going to let city win the title under our noses like that! 

Oh and Pogba is pretty unplayable when he stops with the flashy stuff and keeps it simple. 

Edited by CreweCold

11 hours ago, CreweCold said:

What a game

Proud of the team today, the desire to win that match after the half time restart was obvious. Whatever Jose said at half time worked. 

No way we were going to let city win the title under our noses like that! 

Oh and Pogba is pretty unplayable when he stops with the flashy stuff and keeps it simple. 

Go and play like Liverpool?:clapping:

What a strange game? Utd could've been 6 down up until the first Pogba goal, then it all went wrong for City..

Pogba went a little way to prove that he's not totally useless..

It's almost impossible to get pens against Utd.. AY should've seen red yesterday.

De Gea again to the rescue.

.. And city?.. teams have given them too much respect IMO..

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, D.V.R said:

AY should've seen red yesterday.

Not so sure, he got a good foot on the ball, even if there was follow through. Goes back to the debate...are players not allowed to attempt to clear/challenge for the ball these days?

I seem to remember you defending Mane for his red earlier on in the season.

Also, things even up eventually don't they...remember this? Very similar...

You also seem fairly in the minority as far as Liverpool fans go RE the result. The vibe I'm getting is that most are pleased United stuffed city. The two biggest clubs in England have, over the past week, given them a stark reminder that they have a long way to go to be considered a massive club.

Edited by CreweCold

39 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Not so sure, he got a good foot on the ball, even if there was follow through. Goes back to the debate...are players not allowed to attempt to clear/challenge for the ball these days?

I seem to remember you defending Mane for his red earlier on in the season.

Also, things even up eventually don't they...remember this? Very similar...

You also seem fairly in the minority as far as Liverpool fans go RE the result. The vibe I'm getting is that most are pleased United stuffed city. The two biggest clubs in England have, over the past week, given them a stark reminder that they have a long way to go to be considered a massive club.

Mixed emotions really.. I'm glad you exposed their weaknesses, but I was hoping for a draw so I can't see us overtaking you guys now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Mixed emotions really.. I'm glad you exposed their weaknesses, but I was hoping for a draw so I can't see us overtaking you guys now.

Do you think you will finish above Spurs?

Looking at the run in I don't think you will(imo). unless they implode again..

1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Do you think you will finish above Spurs?

Looking at the run in I don't think you will(imo). unless they implode again..

Implode? Spurs?:shok:

But, seriously Dave, what worries me is that whoever finishes fourth in the PL might still get bumped, should The Gooners win the Europa League...I think that winning the Europa League should guarantee access to the following season's Europa League, and that the Champions' League is on an altogether different level. IMO...? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But, seriously Dave, what worries me is that whoever finishes fourth in the PL might still get bumped, should The Gooners win the Europa League...I think that winning the Europa League should guarantee access to the following season's Europa League, and that the Champions' League is on an altogether different level. IMO...? 

Just looked into this coincidentally.

My understanding is any one country can have up to 5 competing teams in the CL.  Therefore, should Arsenal win the Europa League, this shouldn't effect the usual top 4 qualification still.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11253406/how-european-qualification-is-affected-by-the-efl-cup-and-beyond

Edited by AWD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ed Stone said:

Tend to agree Pete, i made the comment about fourth and Arsenal winning EL weeks ago, but was told i was talking crap.:shok:

3 minutes ago, AWD said:

Just looked into this coincidentally.

My understanding is any one country can have up to 5 competing teams in the CL.  Therefore, should Arsenal win the Europa League, this shouldn't effect the usual top 4 qualification still.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11253406/how-european-qualification-is-affected-by-the-efl-cup-and-beyond

Yep it's what happens last year when Utd won the euro cup we had 5 teams in the champions league