Summer Sun

Premier League Discussion

6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I did that with Inverness Caley Thistle; the 200,000 capacity stadium helped with the finances, too!:good:

I do declare that you cheated with the in game editor :laugh:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, davehsug said:

I can imagine how the other clubs in trouble must be feeling, just by knowing what our reaction would be if Swansea or Southampton appointed him! You'd laugh and get an immediate boost!

Might as well have taken a risk on a young manager down the leagues or Graham Potter (a former player), doing great things at Ossasunds in Sweden, was keen on the job.

Former Baggie too, he was mentioned as a possible candidate for us. 

lambert   LOL    im saying nothing.  Talk about a panic appointment.   Thats sent a ripple of sniggers across parts of the Black country 

4 hours ago, weirpig said:

lambert   LOL    im saying nothing.  Talk about a panic appointment.   Thats sent a ripple of sniggers across parts of the Black country 

Needed some cheer on this sad day for the Midlands. 

9 hours ago, Nick L said:

RIP Cyrille Regis, awful news.

Indeed very sad news.

He won Goal of the Season in 1982, an absolute cracker.

5 hours ago, ajpoolshark said:

that's nothing....I took Liverpool to 5 consecutive CL wins and 4 league titles in 5 years on Football Manager....Dybala, Griezman were inspired signings, and I signed Messi and turned around his rather to date mediocre career at Barcelona and turned him into an actual half decent premier league player...I'm a shoe-in for the job :laugh:

Not forgetting your league titles on Xpert League. :)

Edited by J10

2 hours ago, J10 said:

Indeed very sad news.

He won Goal of the Season in 1982, an absolute cracker.

And his part in this famous match! 

Sadly includes some of the racist abuse black players routinely suffered. What a side we had back then, if there's a season I could go back in time for it's that one!

• Like 2

Abysmal performance tonight, which showed all of the problems we have. Repeated individual errors throughout the side making us just easy to score against. Even Zouma, who was outstanding at the start of the season, now looks like a Northern Premier league hacker. We should be grateful that Utd are so dull, they spent most of the game asleep, like their supporters, and didn't take advantage of the huge tally of goals available to them.

• Haha 1

Didn't get to see the match as was working but from what I can gather (even from non United fans) is that Paul Pogba was outstanding with a classy display.

12 hours ago, Nick L said:

And his part in this famous match! 

Sadly includes some of the racist abuse black players routinely suffered. What a side we had back then, if there's a season I could go back in time for it's that one!

Very sad day yesterday with passing of big C thanks to him coventry won the FA Cup and my best footballing moment. Thank you Cyrille Regis RIP.

3 hours ago, Fozfoster said:

Very sad day yesterday with passing of big C thanks to him coventry won the FA Cup and my best footballing moment. Thank you Cyrille Regis RIP.

Nice tribute from David Squires in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/jan/16/david-squires-cyrille-regis-one-of-british-footballs-most-important-players

image.thumb.png.256afc738c8bc80f32822634e165ab86.png

Edited by jtay