Looking through the fixtures Liverpool's first 7 away games stand out

Aug 8 - Stoke

Aug 22 - Arsenal

Sept 12 - Man Utd

Oct 3 - Everton

Oct 17 - Tottenham

Oct 31 - Chelsea

Nov 21 - Man City

Hoping to get to several new grounds this season, including the Boleyn and White Hart Lane seeing as their days are numbered.

Meanwhile, another season of dull mediocrity awaits for the majority of the league, no matter what the fixture list!

White Hart Lane???????? :D

Hoping to get to several new grounds this season, including the Boleyn and White Hart Lane seeing as their days are numbered.

Meanwhile, another season of dull mediocrity awaits for the majority of the league, no matter what the fixture list!

it will be the same old story... the same teams in the top 6 and same in the bottom 6 with 2 surprise teams one threatening the status quo at the top and one flirting with relegation..the rest as you were again :wallbash:

it will be the same old story... the same teams in the top 6 and same in the bottom 6 with 2 surprise teams one threatening the status quo at the top and one flirting with relegation..the rest as you were again :wallbash:

Some still find that exciting, despite not being in the top 6!

Arsenals fixtures seem to be the same every year: Liverpool in the first few weeks, Man U about a month later and again in Feb or Mar, Tottenham in November, then an easy April.

Southampton away on Boxing Day then Bournemouth at home 2 days later? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if they were both away, save a lot of travelling....

Some still find that exciting, despite not being in the top 6!

Being in the Premier League is exciting, playing against some of the best sides around, and occasionally beating them (as well).

(but you knew I was going to say that.)

Arsenals fixtures seem to be the same every year: Liverpool in the first few weeks, Man U about a month later and again in Feb or Mar, Tottenham in November, then an easy April.

Southampton away on Boxing Day then Bournemouth at home 2 days later? Wouldn't it make a lot more sense if they were both away, save a lot of travelling....

Interestingly the Swans are away to Tottenham Sat 27 Feb and then to Arsenal a few days later on Tuesday 1 March (TV fixture pending) .

Could be a nice weekend away, if slightly pricey.  

With the way transfer fees are going the closer we get to a European super league, it really cannot be too many years off now.

So our prospective new owner is apparently the richest guy in China. Interesting times ahead, potentially.

So our prospective new owner is apparently the richest guy in China. Interesting times ahead, potentially.

How do feel about that? would you like your club to suddendly become one of the richest in the world?

serious question.

How do feel about that? would you like your club to suddendly become one of the richest in the world?

serious question.

Mixed feelings and apprehensive. At one end of the scale we could be challenging for the top spots, although I've never liked the idea of buying success. At the other end of the scale we could end up with a despot megalomaniac owner who ruins the club and we plunge down the leagues.

We've spent most of the last 15 years running at a profit, being run well and stable. So who knows what's going to happen next?

Mixed feelings and apprehensive. At one end of the scale we could be challenging for the top spots, although I've never liked the idea of buying success. At the other end of the scale we could end up with a despot megalomaniac owner who ruins the club and we plunge down the leagues.

We've spent most of the last 15 years running at a profit, being run well and stable. So who knows what's going to happen next?

Its nice to have a little money, but I do think that the likes of Chelsea and ManCity have lost their soles with the arrival of mega bucks. I don't know what the long term effect will be on the premiership clubs, but at almost every other level it has lead to tears. 

I want Arsenal to win the league but not by spending silly money because that will detract from the success for me.

first part wont happen.... can see the latter being a more likely scenario.unfortunately

And Raheem Sterling apparently called in sick for pre-season training...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3153400/Raheem-Sterling-fails-report-Liverpool-training-phoning-sick.html

If I supported Man City, I'd seriously question whether we wanted such a player. Two or three years down the line, the same situation could be faced at the new club. As much as I'm no fan of Liverpool, it'd be nice if they could afford to just replace him and stick him in the reserves for a couple of years. Also knows what could happen in the next couple of years as well? He could suffer a bad injury and be much less marketable. I'm guessing he's hoping for huge wages now and a move away (first choice) or a couple of years of sulking at Liverpool, followed by a £10M signing on fee and huge wages at a new club (second choice) although I'm not sure how the rules for young players moving at contract end apply here - would Liverpool still be entitled to a fee?

Pretty disgraceful behaviour whatever.

And SuperSpurs have just signed another defender. Give Pinocchio he due, he's isolated our most pressing inadequacy! 

It's not all tied up in Stocks and shares, is it?....

Very excited by the squad we are assembling for this season! Only thing that is a striker!! Need a new striker and this is where the big bucks need to be spent!

Very excited by the squad we are assembling for this season! Only thing that is a striker!! Need a new striker and this is where the big bucks need to be spent!

I'd go all out for a Benzema or a Muller tbh. I agree with you though, I think LVG really wants the league before he leaves.

SKY sources say, Liverpool agree fee of 49m from Man City for Raheem Sterling.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
1 person likes this

SKY sources say, Liverpool agree fee of 49m from Man City for Raheem Sterling.

Yep  49m  for sterling  Liverpool must be aughing all the way to the bank. Descent player but 49million!