Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

** NetWeather Warning for Extreme Conditions  valid 1700z 12/6/2015 - 0001z 13/6/2015 **

This NetWeather Forum Host has issued a level 3 warning mainly for excessive verbal diorrhea.

Moaning is expected to continue throughout the warning period with an increasing chance of the moaning to form multi-moan clusters & bowing moan segments.   This could lead to some outbreaks of utter drivel, and where the drivel organizes, it could develop superdrivelular characteristics

Conditions should ease into Saturday morning

:80:

Classic, nicely put :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Looks like it's massively dying off over the Channel.

Sorry, but everything seems to be holding in the channel with more and more cells appearing too..?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

** NetWeather Warning for Extreme Conditions  valid 1700z 12/6/2015 - 0001z 13/6/2015 **

This NetWeather Forum Host has issued a level 3 warning mainly for excessive verbal diorrhea.

Moaning is expected to continue throughout the warning period with an increasing chance of the moaning to form multi-moan clusters & bowing moan segments.   This could lead to some outbreaks of utter drivel, and where the drivel organizes, it could develop superdrivelular characteristics

now this is a warning that has a chance LOL :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 1

Posted

Convergence set-up from 10pm tonight, this may provide some lifting enough for the midlands (or pretty much anywhere between Bristol and London) to have a good chance of something, other than from surface heating.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Mother nature is testing ppl's patience, hang in there guys, she is going to surprise us :)   i hope

Posted

Their programmes are crap too. :D They should scrap that advert on News 24 when they say that  they can forecast the weather for the next 10 days with great accuracy thanks to their expertise In fairness models should not be taken literally to the last detail, they are showing the most likely scenario, it's open to change regarding the detail, right down to the last few hours. The models got the scenario correct, but showers are hard to pin down. Saying that, it's ******* drizzling here. :doh: My Argos weather station £5.99, has been saying 'heavy rain' since last night and I have drizzle. If Argos can't predict the weather correctly then nobody can. I think the met office computers cost a little more than my gizmo though. :D The drizzle is getting torrential here :yahoo:

I think someone already did that. 

Funny you should mention that , even my Acurite weather station from USA is more accurate than the TV Forecast (most of the time) , bit worrying really...

Anyway .. back to the topic in hand before mods bombard me,  I still think we may see something later on,  don't write it off just yet!  

To be fair, is there a more weather-loving nation so simultaneously and consistently robbed of interesting weather? Why is it that dozens of hard working, decent folk who 'do the right thing' are forced to part with many thousands of £ and travel across continents just to see something more interesting than barley sized hail?

Edited by Guest

Posted

At the mo it looks like a repeat of last night over the Channel. With the odd exception, the lightning gets to about 10 miles off coast & stops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Sorry, but everything seems to be holding in the channel with more and more cells appearing too..?

On LightningMaps it appears to have died off somewhat, unless it's just not working properly...

Posted

At the mo it looks like a repeat of last night over the Channel. With the odd exception, the lightning gets to about 10 miles off coast & stops.

not this time as there is cape, also look at the last sat 24 front from the north is pushing down SE this is making the air very unstablised.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It really isn't, yet.

It just needs to veer a bit. We don't want it all landing on Newton Poppleford do we? :rofl:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

A change here in London,clear blue skies for the first time today,baking now! A few convective 'parcels' starting to appear too.

Heres hoping late sunshine can help storm development/and allow those French beautys to arrive in good nick.

Edited by sunnijim

Posted

not this time as there is cape, also look at the last sat 24 front from the north is pushing down SE this is making the air very unstablised.

And yet it dies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The storm approaching the South coast from Bologne has a more Easterly component to it. If it survives it's going to blast through central Kent then West Essex then who know where?

The New York Chamber of Commerce? Detroit? Beyond the Sun?

Anywhere is possible.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Over the past two hours the humidity has dropped and temp has too. Sky still the same crap from last night, sun seeping through at times. I'm calling it a bust for me so I'll be out of here to moan in the nsc when I finish work.

Good luck to the lucky souls in Kent/Essex who will be seeing some action, as well as souls inland to my north.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not upset here. Wasn't forecast to get any anyway. The words of doom were Humdingers mention by our lovely Carol K this morning. That's always a death sentence.

Looks like the rain is all much further north than predicted earlier so I may have to take a jacket out tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Had some lovely warmth this morning but as the day has gone on it has become cloudier with rain. It is currently raining here with a temperature of 20.2C with 59% Humidity. It's actually quite wet out there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Strikes being observed now approaching Kent over the channel  :yahoo:

Now I just need to decide whether to stay put at home or venture out...!

Posted

Well, the wording on BBC forecast this morning said widespread thunderstorm for SW England I'm sure. Only 2.6 mm of rain fallen here which I wouldn't call a lot. :)

EDIT: Sorry guys, I've got me "gloomy glasses" on as they say. I'll just keep on waiting this evening and overnight just to see if I get anything at all.

Just down the road from you in Plymouth, we have had around 14mm of rain. Like you, I am disappointed that we missed out again.