Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted

Dilemma.

One side of my mind is telling me to hit the M11 and check those possible imports out that look to be Kent bound shortly from the Calais area, the other half is saying head towards Luton and see if something kicks off around there!

What do I do!?!? Lol

i would head down to Kent, this light rain looks like it will inhibit things more inland as nothing is seeming to trigger

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I can't believe this. What a total mess up on the forecast. I am totally angry and annoyed at all these charts and forecast that predicted today that everyone would see thunderstorms. No one has even seen one yet and all I'm getting right now is cruddy crap rain, no thunder, no lightning, NOTHING! I hope the BBC get sued for this!

• Like 4

Posted

weather forecasters can't get it right all the time

and if they did - and down to nearest 1km say

it'll all be a bit boring really

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't believe this. What a total mess up on the forecast. I am totally angry and annoyed at all these charts and forecast that predicted today that everyone would see thunderstorms. No one has even seen one yet and all I'm getting right now is cruddy crap rain, no thunder, no lightning, NOTHING! I hope the BBC get sued for this!

Did you miss my posts last night? I had a 90 minute beaut!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Folks, it's only just gone 1630 your time. Relax...may still happen.

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Afternoon all. I'm liking what's developing South of Calais, it's looking likely parts of Kent and Essex are in with a shot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

enough of your sex life how was the weather

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This is a wind up surely?

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

What forecasts said this? The M.O blog update yesterday looks like it might be on the money,rainfall being the real issue in the West Country and the best chance of a Severe thunderstorm in SE England,even then the wording was scattered or isolated.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

it was never forecast for my area until mid evening and overnight until 03:00 ...be patient !

Posted

I am thinking I may need to head east as this is where the warmer temperatures are. It is very muggy here but more so around and north of London. I am thinking Luton/Aylesbury.

Remember Aylesbury has a protective dome over it normally lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'd go for the imports - I'm sending them (would if I could)

Storms in the Calais area are definitely heading for the SE... whether they make it here is another matter!

i would head down to Kent, this light rain looks like it will inhibit things more inland as nothing is seeming to trigger

You've just made up my mind!

Off to Essex and Kent I go!!!!!

Camonnnnn !!!

• Like 2

Posted

No I didn't, but it's ok we got pummeled last year compared to Dorset so I'm not that amazed...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think we all need to wait and see what happens as the cold front is still approaching the UK...keep rants for tomorrow in the NSC thread. Thats where I'll probably be :laugh::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted

What forecasts said this? The M.O blog update yesterday looks like it might be on the money,rainfall being the real issue in the West Country and the best chance of a Severe thunderstorm in SE England,even then the wording was scattered or isolated.

Well, the wording on BBC forecast this morning said widespread thunderstorm for SW England I'm sure. Only 2.6 mm of rain fallen here which I wouldn't call a lot. :)

EDIT: Sorry guys, I've got me "gloomy glasses" on as they say. I'll just keep on waiting this evening and overnight just to see if I get anything at all.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

You want to sue the weather forecasters for an inaccurate forecast?

What next? Suing ASDA for only providing 119 drawing pins in a 120 pack?!

Seriously, its only the weather. Chill out and enjoy the hobby. Plenty of time yet for possible action. The weather warning focusses on the overnight period more anyway.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

A tad dramatic. The BBC have been pretty accurate I think, they haven't really hyped it up at all, at least not in my area.

You know not to get so worked up about storm forecasts, they rarely behave as predicted!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

Was sat in the garden watching the darker clouds rolling in, could see clouds building nicely behind the dark ones, then noticed the darker clouds were rotating, within a couple of minutes this appeared, sorry for the quick crappy pic, I took 3 but this was the best, within another minute or 2 it disappeared, very very odd, last time this happened was during a nice storm but nothing happening this time, a couple of minutes later we had very large drops of rain, something building?

omg the pic is sideways, dont know how to rotate it...

post-23225-0-69240100-1434123500_thumb.j

Edited by snowprincesspboro

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Wish it was night...some of you should be able to see channel lightning. Strikes to my east now here in Limousin but not holding out much hope despite the cloudscapes...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, the wording on BBC forecast this morning said widespread thunderstorm for SW England I'm sure. Only 2.8 mm of rain fallen here which I wouldn't call a lot. :)

Come on, William: I haven't even seen a convective cloud yet! :D