Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Anyone else spotted that little storm just to the east of Basel? Can't be more than 10 miles in diameter yet it's clocking up just shy of 180 strikes/min. Is that normal for a strong pulse storm or indicative of something stronger?

Another supercell like what was witnessed west of Nantes last night?

Actually I don't think the nantes cell was quite that intense lol

Edited by Essex Easterly

Posted

Thunderstorms developing on the French/Belgium border look like they have a SE England steer on them.

Definitely.

post-19153-0-66007100-1434121569_thumb.j

This is my first post on netweather although I have been using the site for storms & general weather info for a while. Keep up the good work all at Netweather!

On weatherunderground there is a function that allows you to see weather cams across the uk. Are there any other websites that allow you to view weathercams?

By the way if anyone is thinking of living in Manchester....you wont see much in the way of storms here...it about the worst place for severe weather

Posted

Also, if anyone remembers yesterday, we had a strike count of around 30/min early afternoon (I think) which then intensified into something like 150/min later in the day, this is also what is happening now, but at a much closer range to the UK :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Liam Dutton has just posted on FB "I'm not convinced about these thunderstorms... Heavy showers, yes, but not quite enough oomph - unless they drift over from France" !!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Thunderstorms developing on the French/Belgium border look like they have a SE England steer on them.

All good as I said, I'll happily miss out today/tonight for you all...they're crossing the channel nicely too...all on track

Posted

Breeze picked up here in last hour and also temperature and humidity dropped considerably. Drizzle in the air. Come on its really got to go bang

Posted

This is my first post on netweather although I have been using the site for storms & general weather info for a while. Keep up the good work all at Netweather!

On weatherunderground there is a function that allows you to see weather cams across the uk. Are there any other websites that allow you to view weathercams?

By the way if anyone is thinking of living in Manchester....you wont see much in the way of storms here...it about the worst place for severe weather

Check out this site

http://www.webcamgalore.com/EN/webcam-map/United-Kingdom/Lydd/city-13216.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Gone grey to the west here in Harefield, nothing yet just seriously warm and muggy.

commmeeee ooonnnnnnnnnnnn

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Liam Dutton has just posted on FB "I'm not convinced about these thunderstorms... Heavy showers, yes, but not quite enough oomph - unless they drift over from France" !!!!!

Not convinced myself either of anything 'home grown' storm wise,it looks like a mass of moderate to heavy rain along the M4 corridor into SW England,certainly local flooding for North Devon might be an issue?

HOWEVER,as Dutton says imports from France ahead of the cold front might be the best hope,and perhaps we can trigger a few of our own away from the precipitation later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Cell has cleared to the north, and I'm pretty sure I heard a faint crack of thunder from it. 

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Watching a storm that looks likely to hit thye b\righton area around 6pm. I am off to the cricket at Hove tonight, so it one of the few occasions that I hope it clears by 7pm

Posted

thundery rain for most - with the odd decent import for S-East

thats what I've been going for last 24 hours or so

we'll see what happens later

sun back out in Essex - some Cu but not looking or feeling particularly threatening atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

"A lady just phoned to say she heard there was a supercell coming....well, if you're watching, don't worry there isn't"

these are the words I want Michael Fish to say on the his Netweather video forecast right now!!   :bomb:   :D

• Like 9

Posted

Err it's raining lightly here even though it's not supposed to until tomorrow.....

Posted

Like liam Dutton said I'm not convinced. It isn't looking good for anywhere in the South a few flashes later maybe and that's it I'm sorry to say folks

Exactly - expect a big post mortem tomorrow morning about why it all went wrong !

• Like 1

Posted

If this is nothing (my cloudscape), then you're going to get something:

post-21857-0-07359400-1434122320_thumb.j

All looking even better in N France for you...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, all now developing again here - those same clouds, but distant thunder again. Our forecast might have been wrong - local conditions are too fickle to get right! Go UK storms...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Dilemma.

One side of my mind is telling me to hit the M11 and check those possible imports out that look to be Kent bound shortly from the Calais area, the other half is saying head towards Luton and see if something kicks off around there!

What do I do!?!? Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Exactly - expect a big post mortem tomorrow morning about why it all went wrong !

Because it's the UK... Really disappointing if I'm honest, anywhere else with the same set up would get storms, yet we can only muster a moderate shower or two.

Light rain here, its pretty warm too.

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted

Dilemma.

One side of my mind is telling me to hit the M11 and check those possible imports out that look to be Kent bound shortly from the Calais area, the other half is saying head towards Luton and see if something kicks off around there!

What do I do!?!? Lol

I'd go for the imports - I'm sending them (would if I could)