Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The PIT

Intelligent but lacking common sense and respect

The students involved in this maybe intelligent but displayed todays general lack of respect for others and their beliefs. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-33090028

Nothing to do of course of causing an earthquake but I feel a good large fine is in order. Jail is over the top.

The students involved in this maybe intelligent but displayed todays general lack of respect for others and their beliefs. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-33090028

Nothing to do of course of causing an earthquake but I feel a good large fine is in order. Jail is over the top.

I agree, what point other then their own narcissistic, egotistical facebook 'one upmanship' just to get attention.

Point a GoPro at anyone nowadays and they will turn into gormless idiots. 

They broke the law in that country and deserve to be sent to prison  for about six months .

How are they intelligent?

They broke the law in that country and deserve to be sent to prison  for about six months .

You serious?

Given the human rights record in Malaya which is appalling, and the conditions in Malaysian prisons where hundreds die every year, advocating a six month jail sentence for causing a public nuisance is both extreme and ridiculous.

I dislike disrespectful people, especially narcissists like these and I'm glad they've been caught. Didn't I read elsewhere that they p1ssed on something too?

Up to six months in jail is fine by me or a fine that's large enough to hurt them - not a fine that would be painful to a very poorly paid local... Frankly I couldn't care less about their plight - far more deserving cases of sympathy for me.

I dislike disrespectful people, especially narcissists like these and I'm glad they've been caught. Didn't I read elsewhere that they p1ssed on something too?

Up to six months in jail is fine by me or a fine that's large enough to hurt them - not a fine that would be painful to a very poorly paid local... Frankly I couldn't care less about their plight - far more deserving cases of sympathy for me.

They were wrong to do what they did but I don't think vanity is a crime punishable for 6 months in jail. It was clearly meant to be a laugh and a joke in order to get likes on social media. Everyone does something stupid in their youth, are you completely blame free from anything you did between 15-30?

I highly doubt you are.

They screwed up massively but a heavy fine would suffice or some community service with work helping the locals or on the mountain itself. Not 6 months in jail

As much as I dislike Malaysia's legal system, they knew the rules and they broke them and they have to face whatever punishment that country deems acceptable. We would expect it of people who come to this country, so it's only fair we allow other countries to do the same.

It's not like you don't get any warning. Every country I've been to where there are laws we might raise an eyebrow at, you are repeatedly told about it, so you can't say you weren't warned.

Probably the best solution is to fine them and then send them back to be honest. They were very stupid to do what they did and they broke the law.

Well, we are always being encouraged to dislike foreigners, when the come over 'ere and break rules. Not that Brits are all that widely-loved when overseas?

The whole saga does seem a tad overblown to me...

Fined and jail sentances back dated fine £860 quid.

What a load of superstitious old nonsense.

They knew the law, they knew that Malaysia is socially conservative, yet they still chose to provoke and try to spread their degeneracy. Deserved sentence that sends out a strong message that they will not tolerate a threat to their values, though 6 months would have been very harsh. If only our politicians protected our national values like the Malaysians do.

Maybe, but when in Rome and all that. Personally I can't see why anyone would want to look at their scraggy bits. All seems infantile.

Maybe, but when in Rome and all that. Personally I can't see why anyone would want to look at their scraggy bits. All seems infantile.

It is. But not quite as infantile as thinking it made the mountain angry.

Some people are obsessed over these scared sights think of Mecca many millions of followers of Islam go to that location even though it may not have any significance. The power of physical world. 500 years ago we were burning so called witches we have advanced - however, some parts of the world are static.

They knew the law, they knew that Malaysia is socially conservative, yet they still chose to provoke and try to spread their degeneracy. Deserved sentence that sends out a strong message that they will not tolerate a threat to their values, though 6 months would have been very harsh. If only our politicians protected our national values like the Malaysians do.

Perhaps before we try to attain to the national values of Malaya we should wait until they address the child and forced labour issues, the desperate conditions of migrant workers, the hundreds dying in Malayan Jails and various other human rights violations. Far more important I would have thought than showing disrespect to a mountain  And I doubt very much whether the vast majority of Malays care two hoots about that when they have rather more pressing concerns that revolve around their every day life. Freedom of speech would be just a start.

Perhaps before we try to attain to the national values of Malaya we should wait until they address the child and forced labour issues, the desperate conditions of migrant workers, the hundreds dying in Malayan Jails and various other human rights violations. Far more important I would have thought than showing disrespect to a mountain  And I doubt very much whether the vast majority of Malays care two hoots about that when they have rather more pressing concerns that revolve around their every day life. Freedom of speech would be just a start.

I don't want us to have the same values as Malaysia, however I do want us to protect our values like the Malaysians protect theirs. The locals were very annoyed with their antics, so I'm sure they don't need you telling them what to think.

It is. But not quite as infantile as thinking it made the mountain angry.

And what about all the nonsense that we, in the UK, seem willing to believe, Nick? We have homoeopathists in the Cabinet and a future king who talks to the weeds...

They're intitled to their beliefs ,afterall we wouldn't be to chuffed if halal meat was prepared in the high St !!!.

They're intitled to their beliefs ,afterall we wouldn't be to chuffed if halal meat was prepared in the high St !!!.

Yes but it's their beliefs. Most people wouldn't believe such rubbish! I don't care what people believe in as long as it doesn't affect me.

Yes but it's their beliefs. Most people wouldn't believe such rubbish! I don't care what people believe in as long as it doesn't affect me.

tbh Nick it is abit silly naked girls and earthquakes !!!.

That was exactly my point, Moki. I've eaten plenty of Halal meat, too. How can we expect other folks to abide by our mores (however daft some of them clearly are) if we cannot treat theirs with similar respect?

How has a pair of knockers managed to capture the public's attention so much, anyway?

What, Nick? Are you going to get your tits out, on a sacred mountain! :D  :rofl:

Aye. I agree. But quacks in the Cabinet really might?