Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spikecollie

Relaxation

I've just done something very deliberately that I haven't done in a long time. I've had a long day at work and the drive to and from was the most stressful bit. This morning, after finally getting to my destination I was on the verge of a panic attack - it's not the work that winds me up, it's the getting there by car (finding, parking in a multi storey, then moving the car before class as they didn't want me to have to pay and found me a space at the school, traffic, the danger of driving for two hours on busy two lane roads). I had shaky hands and felt a bit horrible, so I took a walk in town to calm myself down, but I was still not all good when I arrived (those of you who suffer from anxiety will  know how it goes). As soon as I started in the classroom, I was completely happy - so now you might understand my demons!!! Hop on an aircraft, I'm just fine no matter what - put me in car by myself with an important event to get to and I can lose it...

Nothing so bad coming home, but still felt the need to relax. I went out and sat in the garden in the folding chair I had left out. It wasn't warm like previous evenings - quite breezy, but that kept the bugs away). I just sat and did nothing for ten minutes except listened to the birds, watched the bats and looked at the emerging stars and planets (no clouds to spot, but hey that will come later in the week here). I came in and realised that anchoring yourself in the real natural world is the best therapy you can have.

I find that spending time with my cat is very relaxing, her purring is very soothing.

Oh crikey..forgot to mention dog stroking. Used to be long walks with "the boy" but the boy is an old man now, and we have leisurely strolls. Still the best in the world for re-focusing the mind...not to mention "mindfullness". Dogs focus (and many other animals) only on the present, what is happening now. That's a great distraction from anticipative anxiety!

Oh crikey..forgot to mention dog stroking. Used to be long walks with "the boy" but the boy is an old man now, and we have leisurely strolls. Still the best in the world for re-focusing the mind...not to mention "mindfullness". Dogs focus (and many other animals) only on the present, what is happening now. That's a great distraction from anticipative anxiety!

funny I call that glasto angst :)..

funny I call that glasto angst :)..

He hee! - perfect! You know the first time I went to Glasto - I bunked off summer camp for three days age 17. Parents were never informed as we'd booked  a three day trip to a "science week"  in Dublin

Saw bands only we'd remember - Hawkwind I do remember. Stoned out of our trees for two days. Parents inquiring about the smell when we got back - experiments we said! 

He hee! - perfect! You know the first time I went to Glasto - I bunked off summer camp for three days age 17. Parents were never informed as we'd booked  a three day trip to a "science week"  in Dublin

Saw bands only we'd remember - Hawkwind I do remember. Stoned out of our trees for two days. Parents inquiring about the smell when we got back - experiments we said!

ha ha ,:) remember driving to the festival some time in the mid eighties smoking all the way ,got near the festival in our quite smoky van and asked a policeman directions ,he sniffed up chuckled and said ,feel the vibes and float on in !!!:)..

The police were so cool about cannabis back then. But we were not trouble makers and they knew it. We got stoned -  actually drank very little alcohol (didn't need it) and just danced and sang and well...you know!

ha ha , :) remember driving to the festival some time in the mid eighties smoking all the way ,got near the festival in our quite smoky van and asked a policeman directions ,he sniffed up chuckled and said ,feel the vibes and float on in !!! :)..

Was it a real police man, or someone in fancy dress? :D Went to a music festival in London, you weren't allowed to take drinks on to the site, but drugs were fine. :shok: The atmosphere was relaxed until two policemen came and arrested one of the artists. It turned out that they were part of the act.........they almost caused a riot. :help:

The police were so cool about cannabis back then. But we were not trouble makers and they knew it. We got stoned - actually drank very little alcohol (didn't need it) and just danced and sang and well...you know!

aye , those were the days :)....think he was ,but I was stoned !!!:)..

I hope this is allowed...but isn't stoned better than drunk. I've always had to be  careful because cannabis can provoke really bad anxiety episodes that I am prone to. But a nice relaxing joint in the sun (never had the mud or storms) at Glasto kind of sums up where humans should be at!

I hope this is allowed...but isn't stoned better than drunk. I've always had to be careful because cannabis can provoke really bad anxiety episodes that I am prone to. But a nice relaxing joint in the sun (never had the mud or storms) at Glasto kind of sums up where humans should be at!

oh yes , but I'm quite drunk tonight in my lovley Yorkshire cottage :)..post-9614-0-49130500-1433840366_thumb.jp

oh yes , but I'm quite drunk tonight in my lovley Yorkshire cottage :)..attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It looks like a haunted house/cottage :shok: It has a satellite :shok: Didn't think satellites had reached Yorkshire yet :shok: Has anything gone bump in the night? :shok: Is it werewolf proof? :shok:

Lol , moki mut keeps the werewolves away ,two dishes , only one works ,and it's got the inter web :0...

< -----------<<

Lol , moki mut keeps the werewolves away ,two dishes , only one works ,and it's got the inter web :0...

< -----------<<

Looks blissful! Where are you and Moki mutt (in Yorkshire)? In another short while, because of a community initiative, the rural Dales will have one of the best rural fibre broadband services in the country.

My OH reports that my dog boy had a walk yesterday (doing a site survey with him - so still a true working collie!) which absolutely knackered him - a few years ago he could do an all day walk and still be up for more. Still, he enjoys the "now" and probably doesn't make comparisons to the "then", so we're happy that he is!

Looks blissful! Where are you and Moki mutt (in Yorkshire)? In another short while, because of a community initiative, the rural Dales will have one of the best rural fibre broadband services in the country.

My OH reports that my dog boy had a walk yesterday (doing a site survey with him - so still a true working collie!) which absolutely knackered him - a few years ago he could do an all day walk and still be up for more. Still, he enjoys the "now" and probably doesn't make comparisons to the "then", so we're happy that he is!

Horton in ribblesdale ,limestone country !!!.

Relaxing for me is giving my bubs a cuddle.

Relaxing for me is giving my bubs a cuddle.

Hello bappy! :D:girl_devil: Is everyone better now? Thought you'd vanished. :( Listening to certain kinds of music helps me to relax.

Hello bappy! :D:girl_devil: Is everyone better now? Thought you'd vanished. :( Listening to certain kinds of music helps me to relax.

hellooo, just doing my usual forum break then noticed the T word and here i be.

hellooo, just doing my usual forum break then noticed the T word and here i be.

Hellooooo :D Thought you might have been flamed.

I find sleep and mogadon do the trick ,or any nitrazepam based vim products !!.:)..

I find sleep and mogadon do the trick ,or any nitrazepam based vim products !!. :)..

LOL Temazebap does it for me. :lazy: :lazy:

Hellooooo :D Thought you might have been flamed.

never.

never.

Glad to hear it Bappy, although if you were flamed, you can more than take care of yourself :girl_devil: You can always get your hubby to slap them in the chops too. :vava: Then you can sit back and relax. :D

Anything 'pam or 'don based - the diaz family - have a horrible rebound effect when you quit. I try to avoid these.