Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

ukcapeli.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Bit of a mouth watering chart  :bomb:

I like that but southern Europe is going mad at the moment puts us to shame :bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I will certainly be out chasing Friday eve if the charts verify storms for my region.

Edited by Karl83
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That was the last direct-hit storm(s) i had here, it went on for hours!

I also captured a small bizarre ball of light on my old night vision camcorder (I didn't see it while i was filming, only on playback) It shoots passed me at 45 degrees, up over my house, in a straight line and vanished- in less than a second, and then several seconds later, a flash of lightning. I may still have the video, i'll have a look later.

Sounds awesome!!

Yep that really was a spectacular night indeed. Remember how it had everybody talking about it the following day!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

This is actually looking not too dissimilar to the 28/06/2005 storm setup which gave myself and many others an all night lightning show.

What an event! and only a few days after 24/06/2005 which was also impressive. 24/06 was amazing for the longevity of the storms, starting at 4am and lasting for a good 10 hours before finally clearing around teatime. However, 28/06 was definitely the most severe here with outstanding rainfall rates, hail, and frequency of lightning and thunder. I'll never forget it and am very annoyed I didn't have a camcorder back then.

ukcapeli.png

ukmaxtemp.png

Bit of a mouth watering chart  :bomb:

Those are very yummy charts! Perhaps the SE will be the west's breeding ground for a change?  :spiteful:

• Like 2

What an event! and only a few days after 24/06/2005 which was also impressive. 24/06 was amazing for the longevity of the storms, starting at 4am and lasting for a good 10 hours before finally clearing around teatime. However, 28/06 was definitely the most severe here with outstanding rainfall rates, hail, and frequency of lightning and thunder. I'll never forget it and am very annoyed I didn't have a camcorder back then.

Those are very yummy charts! Perhaps the SE will be the west's breeding ground for a change?  :spiteful:

Storms would be moving north though :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I would love a rerun of 28/06/05. I got a decent amount of footage but the quality isn't great as that was back in the days of me having a hi8 camcorder. That event though followed a day with temps close to 30c and the end of this week doesn't look as good as that night unfortunately. Still good though and room for upgrades, but also downgrades.

Posted

remember that event very well here in leicester!!it was a hot 28 degrees all day with clear blue skies and as soon as nightfall hit huge cumulonimbus clouds started approaching in the distance from the south east!!i could see the lightning from a good 20/25 miles away!!when it did eventually come overhead we had lightning and thunder for about 5 or 6 hours!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Storms would be moving north though :/

Would they though? I would have thought more NW-Wwards. May be wrong of course.

h500slp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

still a long way out, but as always look at the 500hpa & 300hpa flow for the steering flow for thunderstorms......during the 24 hour period starting 0000z friday  to 0000z saturday, the steering flow is NNW veering NE towards the end of the period

Posted

i think the chance of storms looks better this week than last week!!!also they should be on a more favourable west/northwest track than the frustrating north east path (like always)last week!!oh and gfs is an improvement on the 06z earlier storm wise and cape wise and pretty much agrees with this mornings ecm now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

I realy hope the dice and all the right Atmospheric conditions come together later this week to give many of us a cracking light show .

very hard at this range to get a handle on any locations or intensity but the chance is there so i,m happy with that .

looking at current charts it looks like some areas could see some noteworthy rain , cheers all .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

#ukmenacingcloudsthatdonothing

attachicon.gifDSC_0722.JPG

Haha, the OH said an hour ago it looked like a big storm was coming....he's from Australia, where storms are fierce....no, I said, in the UK summer, we get apocalyptic skies that do absolutely....nothing!

Looking at the end of the week, any storms could move in a NW'ly direction. I remember these being the ones that usually caused most lightning damage in past years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I will believe it when I see the lightning, even then I will question it. I wonder what has changed in the past 20 years to push the storms further east? or did this happen a lot then as well? Am I just compressing memories together to make me believe that there used to be more storms?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Some nice big clouds around but I'll save you all the trouble of another #menacingcloudsthatdonothing pic ;-)

Sharp shower over near Reading and I think it's the one I'm looking at

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

w09's words are a joy to behold, especially for those who missed out last week. While it's still not a given, it is better chance for a wider area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Haha, just a pity that last week didn't happen as I booked a day off for that. I can't now take another Friday off so looks like I may have to sit this one out if it happens :(

Unless they come evening/night time of course.

Interesting video from Weather History, shows my view of 10 years ago is a bit skewed as I thought temperatures were up close to 30c. It actually does, after seeing that, look a very similar set up to what is being shown for the end of the week.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2