Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Met Office 6-15 day forecast mentioning thundery rain and possibly hot in the SE on Friday so this would go along with the charts posted above by Weather09. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, BBC Radio 4's lunchtime forecast also warned of 'rain and thunderstorms' for later this week. Here's hoping! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Yep we're back on the shifting sands of will it / won't it plume territory again. Gotta hope anything convective arrives at a reasonable time so there's a chance we can all have a bit of a show.

I'm not letting myself get excited but watching with interest...

• Like 1

Posted

The weather for the week ahead at 1 I admit did look promising for friday inpartiuclair I would say but whether it turns out like that is open to speculation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

There are definite developments here in Limousin. A rising wind and some convective looking clouds coming in from the SE which is an odd direction for our valley. 29c but Meteociel offers no high CAPE or low LI values. Let's see...meanwhile I'm having a relaxing afternoon reading in the garden before coming in and doing my prep. for tomorrow, A long day so an early night.

Edit: Well blow me down if we haven't got rumblings in the hills - the storms won't come overhead to the valley though. Just gentle sound effects!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

By England You mean the south/south east can't see it getting further north than that , if it happens at all as it's 5 days away yet which is an eternity in weather terms , may as well bet on jimmy white winning a snooker world championship

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Met Office 6-15 day forecast mentioning thundery rain and possibly hot in the SE on Friday so this would go along with the charts posted above by Weather09. 

yep the more extended outlook beyond 6-15 days also has the thundery weather mentioned but just like the 6-15 mainly the further SE one goes , tamara mentioned in the model thread that the humid air will brush the SE , if people are expecting warm humid air to charge north up the country the 90% of the country are in for a disppointment end of this coming week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This is what the beeb currently thinks for Friday

Untitled1312.png

Significant uncertainties, how far north the rain will go, but some thunderstorms possible in the south with some humid air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Really want something like this or similar to happen here! Remember this mother of a plume this time last year that warranted the level 3 from estofex and of course which gave Germany that unprecedented storm!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Certainly big storms being progged here in France from Wednesday onward. All may change, but imports for the SE of the UK maybe a possibility.

Pretty colours over a lot of Europe on Blitzortung again this evening!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

This is what the beeb currently thinks for Friday

Untitled1312.png

Significant uncertainties, how far north the rain will go, but some thunderstorms possible in the south with some humid air

Didn't look anything like that on the latest forecast.

Uncertainty still prevails of course..

post-15177-0-92776900-1433696286_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Good to see some storm/heat potential for at least the SE UK for the end of this week. Will be watching with interest and praying for something decent to show up. Storm wise it has been an extremely poor year so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

will imports actually work though with channel sea temps being low?

I am of course basing this on the fact they were low last week so I can't imagine they are any higher now.

Just remembering how storms died a death last week the moment they went over the water :-(

Posted

I'm not going to look at anything until late Wednesday early Thursday so won't know what's going on until then.

It's better that way it stops all those excitement into disappointment days.

All to often most of us end up in the same situation as we have before when it comes to storms.Either nothing happened in the UK at all or if it did it was in the SE or little USA as I like to call it.

Here's hoping the end of the week brings something or that trip to Belgium will be sooner than later lol.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met Office going for Thunder here on Thursday in Southern Cornwall. :) Signs of this Thundery Low bringing in more humid and warm air? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'd be ramping up with you all but unfortunately will be abroad later this week :cray: that's not to say I don't wish you all the best :D

Hoping for some nice plumes later June and then perpetually thereafter...we've been under sodding northwesterlies now for so many weeks it's only fair that translates into weeks of southerlies or southeasterlies :D

• Like 3