Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted

good decision I reckon Harry

the storms to the East are quite fast moving and I'd reckon you'd have slim chance to intercept

I'm interested in the stuff to S-West of London currently - but could just be thundery rain when gets to Essex - just hoping it may develop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

I can see the CBs out of my back window but have only seen one bit of sheet lightning! Top of anvil moving across now.

Edited by poseidon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

They're moving at 60 - 65km/h :0

Thr 18Z NMM failed miserably lol

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Just humid and rain here, not heard any thunder at all. Hopefully will clear soon to allow some sunshine. Storms to the E and NE of London look good, hopefully some of you can enjoy them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Have decided to work for home...have to use another laptop but hey. Not sure I could cope if stuff did develop here later this morning and I was constrained in the office.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Constant rolling thunder to my south. Very close feeling to the air, reminds me of Florida, it even has the same smell.....let's hope we get similar storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

One distant rumble of thunder. Going dark, but I fear it may be the return of the drizzle. Can see ac cas and undulatus out east.

Posted

morning all, just woken to dark clouds and frequent distant rumbles, not expecting anything to exciting though.

now raining but no more thunder, just seen met forecast, another 2 hours of heavy showers then a dry warm day ahead

Edited by sparky1972

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The very latest NMM .. lol

attachicon.gifviewimage.png

The NMM is wrong and the weather has already happened! Anyhow I gotta say feeling a bit sorry for Norwich, in the middle of the two storms!

And as I speak the storm by Chelmsford, are they the highest precipitation rates we've seen all year? Must be torrential!

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Interesting to see that CAPE values are dramatically toned down, come the event.

post-15177-0-73554000-1433486766_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

What is going on with the radars, according to them it should be raining here. But if couldn't be drier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Here are some cloud shots of this morning's storm approaching and passing over. Pleased I got a bit of structure! Not really post processed much as yet plus a few rain blobs, please excuse! I think this may be the closest thing to mothership type structure that I will get in this country. Mostly lighting was within the clouds, torrential rain, small pea sized hail at one point, ground is saturated with standing water.

Great pictures there, nice one!

• Like 1

Posted

i guess with it being so quiet in here there is not alot of storm action happening at the mo.  currently raining here, feeling muggy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Here are some cloud shots of this morning's storm approaching and passing over. Pleased I got a bit of structure! Not really post processed much as yet plus a few rain blobs, please excuse! I think this may be the closest thing to mothership type structure that I will get in this country. Mostly lighting was within the clouds, torrential rain, small pea sized hail at one point, ground is saturated with standing water.

Spectacular pictures!

• Like 2

Posted

Gorgeous pics there skiesabove!!

Here's the extent of my experience this morning - the first two being the Rochester/Maidstone cell. The second too are from the past 10 minutes, first looking west, second looking east. Skies starting to look a bit agitated again and humid feel increasing.

post-3790-0-05066500-1433488666_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-14473900-1433488680_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-85928400-1433488690_thumb.jp

post-3790-0-41053700-1433488713_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

So it happened for some then. I wonder what today can produce for EA and the SE?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

If you're feeling storm-starved, the chase team in the USA got 8 tornadoes yesterday! Video and pics here:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83281-chase-day-27-8-tornadoes-reports-and-pictures/

Was you on the Colorado storm, it was certainly lively to say the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

damn it, where are my storms!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Thx all! Wonder if we will get anything else soon?

Anyone else get any pictures today? Those shots look interesting, Harry!

According to lightningmaps.org there has been a huge amount of activity in the area and everything is now moving towards the coast. Looks like the separate streams of storms have just merged into one big mess. Standing water now draining away and the sky clearing somewhat.