Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I'm on my way over this evening. I'm not sure now about any storms in Limousin, let's see what happens, but I'm looking forward to that warmth!

Way over to France from UK? or. Way over to NW France?

Your journey over should be interesting if after 9pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well well well.....towering Ac Cas with virga to my east and south east over the Marlborough downs....very nice to see

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

This "plume" is very brief, i can see it leaving the UK before any surfaced-based storm develop.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Odd looking cloud near me but has mammatus on the underside! A sign of violence to come??

post-18410-0-42189900-1433417245_thumb.j

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted

Hi@ all

Nice to be seeing is the first installation of moist air in the upper levels. France appears to be quite dry atm except for Mediterranean influx moving in from the south east gradually. May take a little time till some major storms form in south and especially central France.  What makes me think though is the pronounced clockwise rotation (Satpic) of our  long awaited "plum" over the Bay of Biscay, hmm....

Nowcasting time, ey? :)

Regards

Ralph

Edit: Keen to see the results oft the latest Herstmonceux sounding

Edited by Generalelectrix

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Way over to France from UK? or. Way over to NW France?

Your journey over should be interesting if after 9pm

I'm heading to Limoges, getting there about 2030. I'm not sure I'll see any thunderstorms in Limousin itself but there may be some visible on the way, or at least the beginnings of some nice cloud formations. I'll let you all know what evolves...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had a look at sat24....first storm is firing over northern spain.........eyes also drawn to that mid-level mass of cloud now developing in Biscay

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

just had a look at sat24....first storm is firing over northern spain.........eyes also drawn to that mid-level mass of cloud now developing in Biscay

The latest sat update shows the area I've marked to be developing extremely rapidly, and I like the fact it is further west than the area in the BoB.

post-15177-0-01995800-1433419624_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Had a bit of a scare with one of my Canon lenses, the one I use the most had fogged up on the inside creating a sort of psychedelic tunnel vision when taking photos, I put it in rice over night and luckily it cleared right up! Phew!

Typical, one the more stormy periods for the UK and Estofex is down, I feel like im going to be in the middle lull though, the storms over night will be less organized once they get here and the ones in the day will be more east of me.

Only time will tell but you can feel the difference out there today, the smell and feel reminds me of being in the Canary Islands in the morning for some reason. :unknw:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Not much in the way of convection here, just a lovely summer's day! :)

post-21671-0-58143500-1433419809_thumb.j

What is interesting though, is the temperature is already higher than expected. The high for today is 19C here at about 16:00, but I've reached that temperature now. Definately a good sign.

Had a bit of a scare with one of my Canon lenses, the one I use the most had fogged up on the inside creating a sort of psychedelic tunnel vision when taking photos, I put it in rice over night and luckily it cleared right up! Phew!

Typical, one the more stormy periods for the UK and Estofex is down, I feel like im going to be in the middle lull though, the storms over night will be less organized once they get here and the ones in the day will be more east of me.

Only time will tell but you can feel the difference out there today, the smell and feel reminds me of being in the Canary Islands in the morning for some reason. :unknw:

The storms are actually predicted to fire up over the channel and move North North East, anything that fires over France and Biscay is a bouns demonstrated here..

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

ukprec.png

:)

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Promising looking sky along with quite a thick feel to the air here in the borough.

post-17277-0-30366000-1433419984_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I don't..

gfs_kili_eur39.png

Is that a later run Surrey??

Looks very promising if so as it is still almost hugging the east coast at 21z  :D

Edited by Harry

Posted

There's even some interesting clouds here in Cardiff Bay - apart from that, lovely warm sunshine.

post-6300-0-03327000-1433421937_thumb.jp

post-6300-0-20377500-1433421947_thumb.jp

post-6300-0-44169300-1433421956_thumb.jp

post-6300-0-02205800-1433421968_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just had a spot of rain out of the ac cas clouds etc here in Falmouth. Pretty much came out of blue sky though! Weird!

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We could be in for a good night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Really interesting skyline looking North of Southampton. Significant mid-to-high level convection with virga. Wish I could have got a decent shot on my phone camera. Pleasant enough in the sun but with a cool sea breeze now developed which is inhibiting even mid-level convection until you're a dozen or so miles inland). Looking forward to this evening's 'mini' plume but not sure we're likely to see a repeat of July 17th 2014!

Posted

Looking as if i will be too far North West for any storms, however anything elevated over the East would make for some great distant viewing from here!

Good luck everyone 

Posted

here's a few cloudscape pics I've tken in the past few minutes....as you can see, instability in the mid-levels making it presence known with a mixture of AC, Ac Cas with virga, and even some Ac Floccus (I think)...a very good sign for later....currently 22c here, with a light SW breeze and some increasing humidity at the surface...

post-4149-0-30217700-1433422793_thumb.jp  post-4149-0-73849100-1433422807_thumb.jp  post-4149-0-46520000-1433422824_thumb.jp  post-4149-0-55328700-1433422837_thumb.jp

post-4149-0-45248600-1433422854_thumb.jp post-4149-0-52002000-1433422869_thumb.jp

edit, just noticed how blurry some of these are......that's vodafone's crappy smartphone's for ya...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2