Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

The problem we have here is that everywhere now across SW England it is feeling awfully muggy but not everyone experiencing this will get something, that's my worry. :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looking on the V4 Netweather Radar. There looks to be a huge crop just over the channel

yes, but they're exclusively for devon and cornwall, more especially south devon....It looks like my home town of Brixham will get hit well tonight

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Where does it say that?

check post 1445 from Chris K.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

For those asking regarding the SE....from the blog I have linked twice above.

"Isolated thunderstorms are possible from Thursday, but they will become more likely and potentially more severe by Friday afternoon, with some locally torrential downpours possible, especially for parts of southeast England"

This is taken from the Met Office Global Model. So like I said earlier, many areas of S England are in for a chance and yes some will be disappointed because it's often a hit & miss situation. Hopefully less so this time!!

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Might be me, but the storms look further east than forecasted over France and seem to be pepping up on the eastern edges more so.

Any strong cells that do form tend to travel slightly east of the mean 500hpa direction also, supercellular storms more especially.

Pure nowcasting this

• Like 4

Posted

Might be me, but the storms look further east than forecasted over France and seem to be pepping up on the eastern edges more so.

Any strong cells that do form tend to travel slightly east of the mean 500hpa direction also, supercellular storms more especially.

Pure nowcasting this

Given what you say perhaps thats why the M.O are calling for the severest storms to be across SE England tomorrow then,that would be on the Eastern extent of precipitation.

Simuler happened last Friday with the most extreme conditions just over the Water in Belgium.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Its all kicking off nicely in France. Some lightning now in Jersey. A sign of things to come for many!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Funny how we get reports of how humid it is, yet it's not expected to rise signficantly until later this evening, in to tonight. 

It's only at 55% here, feels fine in this wind.

post-15177-0-24210300-1434036343_thumb.g

Given what you say perhaps thats why the M.O are calling for the severest storms to be across SE England tomorrow then,that would be on the Eastern extent of precipitation.
Simuler happened last Friday with the most extreme conditions just over the Water in Belgium.

As i put in a post earlier today; "Dorset and Wilthsire eastwards, south of the M4" are the words used by the MetO. Quite promising sj! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Funny how we get reports of how humid it is, yet it's not expected to rise signficantly until later this evening, in to tonight. 

attachicon.gifcgicurrentgraph.gif

Yep it's not actually particularly humid at all. DPs are only just into double figures in many areas. The juicy air gets in through tomorrow morning, with DPs widely around 16/17c, maybe even 18c in a couple of places.

• Like 3

Posted

attachicon.gifcgicurrentgraph.gif

Was literally just about to mention this, currently at 54% down here on the South Coast, yesterdays cool breeze is much more pleasant compared to yesterday.

Clear us in the UK haven't felt 20+c heat since last summer, so will feel hot I guess!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Pure nowcasting this

Yes, the eastern edge of the stormy mass seems to be developing quite rapidly. Makes me think most of the South at risk not just the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Whoops.. never mind, it's back up

Well that's just great !!

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Has stopped plotting recent lightning strikes

Typical, it would have to go down now

Edited by stevofunnelcl

Posted

If it helps, I'm just about to light the BBQ...Should upset the weather gods sufficiently, or at the very least create some very localise convection  :D

EDIT: It's just started raining. Bl**dy typical. This rain better have lightning with it!!

Edited by boogercj
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

For those folk looking to chase tonight and during tomorrow and wondering where to watch from, you might wish to bookmark the following topic and follow the recommended inside knowledge of vantage points in your area.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83325-storm-viewing-vantage-points/

• Like 1

Posted

For those folk looking to chase tonight and during tomorrow and wondering where to watch from, you might wish to bookmark the following topic and follow the recommended inside knowledge of vantage points in your area.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83325-storm-viewing-vantage-points/

Great shout there GTLTW! Great to see my local vantage point of Portsdown Hill on the list, literally perfect for Channel Storms! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

If we go by the EURO4 then we may not see anything storm wise until later on Friday eve.

post-15744-0-37962300-1434038675_thumb.g

What time is the next EURO4 run out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If we go by the EURO4 then we may not see anything storm wise until later on Friday eve.

attachicon.gif15061221_1106.gif

What time is the next EURO4 run out?

Within the next hour or so.

Posted

i have a feeling that although the met office has us in the warning area i dont think we will see anything stormy, a very strong easterly componant to the wind keeping it fresher and will prob keep the storms further west.