Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Concerning for the South Wales Valleys with all that discharge it has to go somewhere...

I hope there isn't another Boscastle situation?!

post-15177-0-08621100-1434025514_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

Yeah, looks like Western Cornwall might be about to see some action. Meanwhile, the rest of Europe is lit up like a Christmas Tree! I'm holding a slither of hope that we might just see something down in Devon, for a change, maybe overnight tonight into tomorrow. 

Time to start scanning the radar and the webcams...

Posted

is it my eyes?? the low seems to be chucking it even further westwards than predicted. Is the centre of the low still heading NEish ??

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Concerning for the South Wales Valleys with all that discharge it has to go somewhere...

Yes, it depends on the development of convective rainfall. Like you say any valleys could see flash flooding if heavy rainfall is prolonged. I would have thought the Met Office would release an amber warning though if the likelyhood of this increases?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So what looked like a direct SE hit has now veered West. And this is why I try to have a que sera attitude to the models. The obsessing prematurely aged me, I'm sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

That storm by Nantes really seems to be kicking off! Huge rainfall rates and 30 strikes a minute!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Hey guys,fairly new to this,after many years of following threads etc I decided to sign up a few months back,admitidly I don't post often,but I do enjoy reading the threads and posts from members... just wondering what the chances of a storm are in my area tomorrow day time as my Nan has found me a few jobs to do in her garden,mowing the lawns,trimming hedges etc, and would like to get as much done before any storms break out as I'd very much want to be able to watch and enjoy... also,if these do occur,is there a chance power could get knocked off as my grandad is on permanent oxygen due to having copd,he worries whenever storms are forecast as he has to go ten minutes or so without oxygen whilst changing to one of his portable oxygen tanks from the machine, would it be worth me preparing for a quick change over, just in case?

Cheers guys!!

Get it done today while the weather is sweet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

So what looked like a direct SE hit has now veered West. And this is why I try to have a que sera attitude to the models. The obsessing prematurely aged me, I'm sure.

Can't see anything of interest in the outlook either. For as long as that damned azores high keeps trying to nose in from the SW there will be nowt of interest storm wise. It's neither here nor there. Grim....and the wait goes on.

It's going to be like that spell a few years back isn't it...2010? 2011? where we just had warm settled weather from June through to early-mid July with little day to day variation. Had to grin and bare that one!

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

is it my eyes?? the low seems to be chucking it even further westwards than predicted. Is the centre of the low still heading NEish ??

I can only assume you are looking at the centre which is actually due to keep shifting W/SW until later, with another forming and moving out of France into Southern England tomorrow.

Posted

Calm before the storm - cloudy here in North France, no activity at all through France at the moment but the sunshine is breaking through.

Could be a major day

Nice little cell moving into South Brittany now...hope you see a good storm there today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Can't see anything of interest in the outlook either. For as long as that damned azores high keeps trying to nose in from the SW there will be nowt of interest storm wise. It's neither here nor there. Grim....and the wait goes on.

Plenty of interest for us down here in the next day or so though. Maybe the Azores High has helped here somewhat by keeping the Low where it is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

That storm by Nantes really seems to be kicking off! Huge rainfall rates and 30 strikes a minute!

Looks like it'll be Christmas before it even gets to the Channel  :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Looks like it'll be Christmas before it even gets to the Channel  :unknw:

You know it has moved like 15 miles in the last hour! :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Nice little cell moving into South Brittany now...hope you see a good storm there today!

Camera is all packed,  current temp 28C with humidity at 80% sun is shining but difficult to walk for long outside, the heat is very draining.

I'm directly North, North East of the Nantes area - looks early stages of an MCS in that location.

post-3631-0-82565800-1434027690_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I've started a new thread to post your favourite local (or not?) viewing spots for storms:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83325-storm-viewing-vantage-points/

Further to this posting above from Nick L, I have updated it with a fair few links now and so too have one or two other folk. I trust they will of use as and when the storms do or don't arrive near your own patch.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

With a username like Lassie, I wouldn't dare pry into your knowledge of such things, OOPs I'm drifting off topic again.  :wallbash:

:laugh: My knowledge of such things is very limited to my local area :shok: Ahem.......... I mean, very limited :whistling: How are you gottolovethisweather , hope you are well?  Over on  theweatheroutlook.com, their current thinking is that scattered thunderstorms will break out tomorrow over southern England and perhaps the SE, but most of the thundery activity and heaviest rainfall will be towards Somerset and Wiltshire rather than London and the SE. Then the rain pushes north with its northern limit probably being Yorkshire. Then it cools down and becomes sunny and settled next week. Although it may still be blowing a gale oop norf. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

That one near Nantes could well be supercellular. Although with the coarse radar resolution and the lack of velocity data makes it difficult to tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Definitely a situation of now casting on this one. The models should be taken with a pinch of salt even at this range. 17th July last year was a great example of how wrong they were!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

:laugh: My knowledge of such things is very limited to my local area :shok: Ahem.......... I mean, very limited :whistling: How are you gottolovethisweather , hope you are well?  Over on  theweatheroutlook.com, their current thinking is that scattered thunderstorms will break out tomorrow over southern England and perhaps the SE, but most of the thundery activity and heaviest rainfall will be towards Somerset and Wiltshire rather than London and the SE. Then the rain pushes north with its northern limit probably being Yorkshire. Then it cools down and becomes sunny and settled next week. Although it may still be blowing a gale oop norf. :cold:

I'll let you know what I think will happen after the event if that's ok with you. :D    :yahoo: If the pros cannot be 100 % sure then its's a be patient, go on the best advice us storm lovers have and grab a beer and chill when not driving anywhere in particular situation to my mind. My eyes are on all the updates and are trained to the radars and satellite pictures.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Love how the Met Office app has my location down for light rain on Friday - Uninstalled.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Good storm that one north of St Nazaire:

ETJy6eh.jpg OEzyyz5.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Love how the Met Office app has my location down for light rain on Friday - Uninstalled.

It's had me down for dry weather for the past two days. :laugh:

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1