Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very slight undulation going on.

It has that precursor feel to it, whether anything happens later is another question.

post-15177-0-04029500-1433449359_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

@ davehsug : have scoured the net, and robt also came up with one sonding,for the whole of the UK noontime today and that was Cambourne. Or is it possible that other balloon soundings are not made available to the public? As far as I know not..

Ralph

Posted

Surely Watnall and Herstmonceux report every day?

Watnall and Herstmonceux not showing...

Posted

Thanks so much guys and girls for all your input. Really appreciate it. That's why I come on here as it's such a friendly bunch. Once again thank you and I will soon give more to the conversations as I'm learning. Ty once again

• Like 7

Posted

It would be a bit far fetched to presume that other ascents took place over the UK noontime today and that the data is being kept from the public, if though it should be the case then it would be quite sad because its the taxpayers money which is funding this and the info should be made public, even if it is just the raw data where we have to plot out our own skew-t diagram with pen and paper. I dont want to kick off a discussion now, was just a couple of thoughts from my side. Anyway, lets see if there is something for 00z

regards

ralph

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry, sorry!! Ran a job to help make sure we have no problems when it gets busy during the next 24 hours, and it knocked us over unexpectedly - should be good now!

• Like 6

Posted

Sorry, sorry!! Ran a job to help make sure we have no problems when it gets busy during the next 24 hours, and it knocked us over unexpectedly - should be good now!

Just a jab Paul,  never a knockout. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

You mean this?

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Well done on keeping the site going, a few minutes offline is not a problem  :) 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Is that storm over the Bay of Biscay intensifying slightly? Some fairly frequent strikes might be irrelevant though.

Posted

We are now around 3-4 hours from the start of this plume possibly kicking off and still a differing of opinions from the different forecast agencies. The Met Office rainfall prediction shows nothing overnight but the BBC has widespread "light" showers with lightning for the Midlands/CS England eastwards. How I enjoy the unpredictability of plume thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Just seen this, sorry if it's been posted before ;-

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2015-06-05

Moderate risk and a SVR.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted

It is extremely unpredictable. Humid air still awaited here although clouds beginning to appear aloft (nothing of interest).

Going to be in a quandary around noon tomorrow - stay put and hope for a severe cell or head an hour east to see out the plume.

I suppose lets just hope for storms first!!

Posted

The gracious oracle told me severe t'storms are going to slap the SE into oblivion (one can hope :D).

It does feel sultury and this is exemplified by erm.. humidity is @ 67% dew point =11C.

Posted

It is extremely unpredictable. Humid air still awaited here although clouds beginning to appear aloft (nothing of interest).

Going to be in a quandary around noon tomorrow - stay put and hope for a severe cell or head an hour east to see out the plume.

I suppose lets just hope for storms first!!

Not humid here either Harry, almost chilly just now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

A totally clear sky here, and a chill in the air. I'm wearing a bloody fleece typing this!

About as un-stormy as it gets.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

few showers headed towards kent atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Happily installed in my Limousin home with a nice beer in hand and a pasta meal waiting. A beautiful flight out here, some hint that there is something approaching from the Bay of Biscay direction and some nice convective clouds. Into Limoges, some really developing CBs with great updraft cloud features. No activity though, but it is incredibly warm and humid. It's still 26c here - all windows open with shutters closed as there are swarms of midges trying to get me.

• Like 3

Posted

Happily installed in my Limousin home with a nice beer in hand and a pasta meal waiting. A beautiful flight out here, some hint that there is something approaching from the Bay of Biscay direction and some nice convective clouds. Into Limoges, some really developing CBs with great updraft cloud features. No activity though, but it is incredibly warm and humid. It's still 26c here - all windows open with shutters closed as there are swarms of midges trying to get me.

Enjoy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Some nice looking skies here this evening although I think a distant show to the southeast is the best I can hope for!

post-7351-0-34722200-1433453004_thumb.jp

BB

Posted

seams to be more humid now in the southwest .. just been to the lakes and back ..and the air has that sticky feel to it ..

Not humid here either Harry, almost chilly just now

That would make sense looking at these charts:

The higher theta-e plume starting to arrive in the SW but not so in the SE yet

post-2719-0-55133600-1433453027_thumb.pn

By the early hours it should feel a lot more humid

post-2719-0-02170500-1433453050_thumb.pn

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 4