Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Had a sleety/graupeley mix shower earlier today at work in Aldridge that lasted a couple of minutes or so. The first frozen precipitation of the extended Winter 2015/16 season. Hope to see more soon and hopefully pure snow that settles. Things certainly looking up for us West Midlanders. I'll try not to get too excited though as the failed (to stick around for more than a few hours) snowy snaps of Winter 2014/15 are still fresh in my memory. But after getting on for three years of no decent snow surely we deserve a break.

Edited by WALSALL SNOW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Boy do I not like the size of that mild sector on the 12z *GULP*

h850t850eu.png

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Boy do I not like the size of that mild sector on the 12z *GULP*

h850t850eu.png

As per - it's no surprise. 

It's a shame they don't do 'cold' sectors during summers isn't it? 

Load of crap for anyone not on high ground this evening - this spell. 

Next week or so doesn't look great, expecting a zonal December and something better by the back end of January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Hi Everybody!

I hear something about snow ? :D Checking in for the first (hopefully of many) time for 15/16 winter period. Would like to see some snow later tonight, but it's Leicester so... yeah :p

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Probably wouldn't get too worried yet. While I don't want to raise any of the cold weather enthusiasts' hope, it might just be the case of the GFS over-doing the mild sector a little bit. Think it's just best to wait and see what happens. It's not completely unheard of to see snow from a Northerly with 850 hPa temperatures warmer than -5/-6/-7*C, I suppose as longs as other parameters are in place and/or should some evaporative cooling occur (though that does rely on having heavy enough precipitation).

Would be a nice start to the cool season to seesome wintry weather tonight/tommorrow. Come on weather, surprise us. :cold:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Can i join the Solihull gang too lol Cant help but feel a tinge of potential excitement and im 43 lol

Hi from my little bit of Solihull too :)

About to get a takeaway and prepare for lampost watch to begin â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

Edited by Snowsie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Crikey, that puts everything into perspective. I trust she makes a speedy recovery, bigsnow.

Bish

Thank you.... she came home today.... very lucky to be alive so feeling blessed....

• Like 2

Posted

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some early season snowfall, even if it is a brief episode  Latest EURO4 output is modeling snowfall - mainly over high ground - among general precip associated with occlusion(s) dropping south over central parts early morning.  Zero-degree isotherm a little high (700-800m per GFS) for lower level snowfall, so ideally need precip to be of mod/heavy intensity to drag colder air aloft and subsequently lower the freezing level. Also, 850-1000hPa thicknesses look to rise beyond 1300m for short time during period of interest, adding to the marginal nature of seeing the white stuff.  Provided these factors are favourable, though, few places might get lucky and see temporary covering.

Here's hoping.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

This thread is starting to get a bit big, so have started a new thread to continue your discussions here ready for the possible wintry spell tonight. :cold:https://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=142