Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

i give up ive tried every way there is and it just will not change the picture......

If I go to my profile and click on my current picture I think I can then change it by uploading one from file. That's how I used to do it. Does that not work for you?

Edited by Snowsie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

If I go to my profile and click on my current picture I think I can then change it by uploading one from file. That's how I used to do it. Does that not work for you?

Nope it allows me to remove my profile picture but nothing else.....

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

We are having problems which will be corrected soon re upload profile pic.. Try uploading you pic to the N/Weather Gallery then taking it from there for you profile pic. That should work! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Exactly same with me, won't do it, mine must have been removed by netweather, it just disappeared, was only a weather chart, nothing rude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Like i said "once you get your head around it does work"

Click - Gallery - Upload - Select category - (Click) Winter (optional) - Browse - select (personal file) then once that's upload on to gallery - click - Options - set as photo :)

• Like 1

Posted

Like i said "once you get your head around it does work"

Click - Gallery - Upload - Select category - (Click) Winter (optional) - Browse - select (personal file) then once that's upload on to gallery - click - Options - set as photo :)

Nope all thats done is not save the picture i wanted but has instead just re instated my old one that i didnt want to use anymore....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Foggy start this morning but the sun is starting to break it up current temp 8c. 

Posted

Nope all thats done is not save the picture i wanted but has instead just re instated my old one that i didnt want to use anymore....

Try clearing old photo first (in profile) then go back to gallery and set your chosen 'Picture' as (set as photo) - ( in options )

• Like 1

Posted

Try clearing old photo first (in profile) then go back to gallery and set your chosen 'Picture' as (set as photo) - ( in options )

tried that too just cleared it then did as you said.... showed up new picture.... but as soon as i changed to a different page it put my old picture back... bloody frustrating is this...

Posted

Wintry showers next week?! Apols to people having profile pic woe - but SNOW!!! #ramp

Anyone requiring a #ramp source - latest ecm.

you know a run is good when it get Steve Murr's attention.... it is a thing of beauty and would have this place in meltdown if it was a winter month... something to keep an eye on for sure..

• Like 1

Posted

Rain has eased here leaving 6.4mm. 

Temp 9.6c

Wind West Avg 9.2mph

Gusting 26mph

Posted

Yes S95, Rain has pepped up again here to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Rain seems to be petering out here now.

I have recorded 9.6mm, with a current temp of 10.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Fog and drizzle here after rain during the early hours.

The wind is in the SW for the first time since the 2nd.

Posted

tried that too just cleared it then did as you said.... showed up new picture.... but as soon as i changed to a different page it put my old picture back... bloody frustrating is this...

Frustrating it can be BS.....But come on we can do this :) as you can see I've changed mine, so it does work :wink:

1. Options

2. Set as photo

3. Save (just remember to keep the crop size) but you can crop it bigger most of the time, it's just with some picture's don't know why but if the crop is too big it won't work.

But it should work.....Just a little tip (clean your cache) http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

post-11006-0-40245500-1445445686_thumb.p

EDIT, Changed it back! Much too early yet for winter pic's.....you know tempting fate and all that :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The windiest morning ( at observation time) since January 28th with a mean speed of 33 mph at 350m and a gust of 51 mph earlier this morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Exactly same with me, won't do it, mine must have been removed by netweather, it just disappeared, was only a weather chart, nothing rude.

ILTS.... You've changed your name back....Have you been upsetting people again  :laugh:

Posted

Frustrating it can be BS.....But come on we can do this :) as you can see I've changed mine, so it does work :wink:

1. Options

2. Set as photo

3. Save (just remember to keep the crop size) but you can crop it bigger most of the time, it's just with some picture's don't know why but if the crop is too big it won't work.

But it should work.....Just a little tip (clean your cache) http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

EDIT, Changed it back! Much too early yet for winter pic's.....you know tempting fate and all that :D

have done all of that.... and although it changes it on my profile as soon as i return to another page my old photo is back.... so just gonna leave it blank...

• Like 1

Posted

have done all of that.... and although it changes it on my profile as soon as i return to another page my old photo is back.... so just gonna leave it blank...

Weird how it works for some but not for other's....... :closedeyes:

Paul mentioned a while back now "it's a bug in the software which they are waiting to update" until then..... :wallbash:

Sorry i can't be of any further assistance...... :hi:

• Like 1

Posted

Weird how it works for some but not for other's....... :closedeyes:

Paul mentioned a while back now "it's a bug in the software which they are waiting to update" until then..... :wallbash:

Sorry i can't be of any further assistance...... :hi:

Thanks for the advice and help.... looking forward to plenty of Snow and cold chasing this coming winter...

• Like 1

Posted

You definitely ain't on your own there BIGSNOW.... who needs an avatar when you have a great name like yours...Let's hope your name comes to fruition frosty.gif

• Like 1