Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy Rain/Hail with fork lighting above.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

That storm that passed over us is heading for Shrewsbury, if lightning live is anything to go by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just looked out and looks like a load of stratiform muck yet again. Can smell rain, but there's nothing. Birmingham, Hereford, Words, Staffs, Powys, guess which county is getting nothing for the 250th time in the last 10 years?

Stop moaning. Current detectors show a massive area of storms heading shropshires way.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Shropshire should get something. Chances of Warwickshire getting anything is dropping.

• Like 1

Posted

Another lot fired up on the Shropshire/Wales border, 20 miles west of here. Kicking off around Stafford and Worcester. In between is a big void, you can draw the borders of Shropshire on the radar map!

Stop moaning. Current detectors show a massive area of storms heading shropshires way.

But they are all being killed by those hills! Pinning my last hope on that line of them around Hereford.

Posted

Yep, if it's anything like what we just had, it's going to be impressive. :D

Posted

Things might be developing overhead here according to the radar. Nothing seen or heard yet but starting to rain a bit.

Edit: In fact, very heavy rain out of nowhere all of a sudden.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Things might be developing overhead here according to the radar. Nothing seen or heard yet but starting to rain a bit.

Edit: In fact, very heavy rain out of nowhere all of a sudden.

Going quite dark to my west now. Can't help but feel we are too Far East in general this time! Never thought I would say that! Lol

Posted

Big flash here suddenly!

Posted

Going quite dark to my west now. Can't help but feel we are too Far East in general this time! Never thought I would say that! Lol

Won't be able to see that far west from here. I have terrific views to my east instead. Have to say, it looks much flatter to my east and southeast...if that makes sense!

Although there goes a big rumble of thunder as I type! It is developing around here!

Edit: Very loud thunder now!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Clutching at straws but just been outside and could hear distant booming. Sounded either high up or a long way away though. Very black to the south.

Least you've got something interesting to look at. The usual grey, never ending Cheshire dross here. 

Posted

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

lightning map going crazy. Even Telford might see some action!

Posted

Little bonus that. Literally developed almost on top of me...just slightly to my west. Not as much rain but went incredibly dark.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

OMG the shield is broken! Sudden downpour, huge crack of thunder, and 4 flashes. More rumbles...

Told you it would be.  :closedeyes:  its only gone and moved to Warwickshire.  :diablo:

Posted

OMG!! Epic!!!

:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

This is awesome :) constant thunder, lighting is like a stobe light in the sky. Poor little one is crying his eyes out tho :(

Posted

Finally the moaning from Shropshire can cease! Told you that you would get something!

Posted

Poor wales are missing out,but great here on the edge continuous thunder not heard that for awhile.

Heavy rain,lots of sheet lights.

It doesn`t want to go west of here for some reason.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Woahhhhh my gosh just had a fairly brief but one hell of a beast of a storm, best since July 2008!!!!! absolutely insane rain rates, pitch black nightsky, lightning after 2 seconds endless thunder and swirling winds! cleared through now though still thunder every few seconds.