Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Not really been humid though until this week, it's been the least humid summer I can remember actually with frequently cool/even chilly night's.

Posted

you can bet your life tomorrow we'll miss out on the storms due to a great swath of cirro-stratus killing convection, and denying us the warmest temperatures . 

I might even go for a long ride on my bike to try to tempt the heavens into drowning me :-P

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Warnings out for tomorrow, Looks like were in the 'prime' spot.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1440198000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Warnings out for tomorrow, Looks like were in the 'prime' spot.

http://www.metoffice...Time=1440198000

Not by those warnings are most of us in the prime spot? However I still feel those warnings are for most daytime heating driven storms. Still think the best activity will be in the west.

Posted

Not by those warnings are most of us in the prime spot? However I still feel those warnings are for most daytime heating driven storms. Still think the best activity will be in the west.

Yes agree, Warnings only for North Midlands and all home-grown as you say, So take with a pinch of salt and down to nowcasting. Im sure these will be amended nearer the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Forecast by Matt D on Weatheronline here very much in line with my thoughts: http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/109011-convective-chat-weekend-of-2223-aug/page__st__20

Convective weather forecast promising too. Sounds like high based thunderstorms most likely but these bring the best lightning than surface based ones, similar to 3rd July. :D

Posted

A particular positive favouring this region tomorrow is the pretty much perfect upper wind direction in the evening and overnight. They will be direct southerly early in the evening then become slightly more southeasterly as the night wears in as the trough becomes negatively tilted. This direction always favours here better than other wind directions.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Not fussed about storms always a fail here since 2009, gonna get up early and plan by the satellite where to go for some sunshine instead, obvious that stupid front will drape it's drizzle over here till 5pm while it's 28c down the road.

Posted

See my forecast regarding tomorrows events here: https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/83809-storm-convective-discussion-20th-august-2015-onwards/?p=3249021

Interesting Estofex warning for us too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

West Midlands always does a great job at avoiding the storms, but we are in a good position so hopefully tomorrow will be an exception.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Im not getting excited and i fully expect come this time tomorrow us storm starved shropshire lads/lasses will still be storm starved. Storms will start firing once they have evaded our storm sheild!

I do hope im wrong and we finally get lucky but it just happens time and time again around here!

Posted

The UKmet are covering a much wider area this morning, All of the Midlands now in the 'prime' spot. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1440198000

post-2719-0-90741400-1440222756_thumb.jp

Posted

The UKmet are covering a much wider area this morning, All of the Midlands now in the 'prime' spot. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1440198000

post-2719-0-90741400-1440222756_thumb.jp

Hmm still not us in the south West Midlands covered though see link above for my forecast - I expect this area to see something good.

Posted

Hmmm looks like train journey it is, thick cloud/mist/dross as usual this morning whilst down the road is 25c+ and sunny today, not here for that.

Posted

Absolutely horrible morning, heavy rain earlier and now overcast and humid again. See its fine east of Birmingham. Youve got one chance left, Summer 2015. Give us some storms this weekend or do one!

Why cant we get the heat/sun this time.....

Posted

Absolutely horrible morning, heavy rain earlier and now overcast and humid again. See its fine east of Birmingham. Youve got one chance left, Summer 2015. Give us some storms this weekend or do one!

Why cant we get the heat/sun this time.....

Aye i'm on the next train to Birmingham myself to see some sun and warmth today, not seen it once in 2 weeks and immune system's felt like January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Sun's been out today but it's clouding over progressively. Very humid out. Hoping for some sparks later tonight.

Posted

Are the storms currently in France, suppose to migrate up to the Midlands? If so, we're in for a lovely summer's day.

Posted

Ac Cas showing and quite a bit of sunshine. 25c. :)

Posted

24.5c here sun breaking back out after an hour of cloudy muck.... Humid....

Hoping im in bulls eye for a storm later....

Fish (swordfish, tuna and tellapia) kebabs for dinner with some cold beer and a glass of sauv blanc....