Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Glorious morning here after a clear night and a low of 4.4c. Currently 12.4c

post-12319-0-71624600-1439714225_thumb.j

Posted

It looked like it was improving last week, since that washout on Friday it's been back to mindnumbing grey grot during most of the daylight hours with temps never reaching 20C. Yesterday started really bright but ended up dull yet again, why can't this summer manage more than the odd sunny day? All but given up on seeing 25C this month, only happened 3 times this year, worse than 2012 was by this point.

Glorious weekend being replaced by humid cloudy rubbish, rising humidity always bring damn grey weather here in the Summer, now one of the dullest seasons, at least mild winters bring alot more drama on here, the forum is as dull as the weather in Summer. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

A rather disappointing, gloomy day compared to yesterday. Might as well update on my last long range forecast:

Temperature: Generally slightly below average, although attempting to return to average by Thursday. Less chance of Friday or the weekend being above average. Next week looks rather unexceptional with temperatures generally slightly below or even below average. The below average temperatures look set to continue well into September, although there are some signs of a warm spell towards the end of August, not a heatwave by any means.

0_174_2mtmpmax.png?cb=529

Temperatures barely above the mid-teens by Monday next week.

Precipitation: Wet on Wednesday into Thursday, and Friday also looks set to bring light rain. Light showers later on Saturday following a band of more persistent rain by Sunday morning and heavier rain by Monday morning caused by a (pretty unusual) deep low. Tuesday should be rain-free before Wednesday will probably bring another batch of rain. Overall, next week is looking rather wet with a short respite in-between rain bands. The following week may well be drier.

12_162_precipratec.png?cb=96012_168_naptypemslp.png?cb=960

A band of heavy rain set to arrive by Monday morning (along with strong winds) caused by a deep low.

Wind: Occasionally breezy on Wednesday and Thursday, but calm by the weekend. Sustained wind speed of over 30mph (near gale) with gusts of around 50mph possible by Monday afternoon which may cause some damage (given that trees are still in full leaf).

12_171_windvector_gust.png?cb=960

Low pressure over the UK bringing strong winds and wind gusts.

Cloud: Gloomy tomorrow and Wednesday with some sunshine on Thursday before the cloud returns on Friday just to persist up until Monday next week. Overall its looking rather gloomy - more so than average.

Edited by xStorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A rather disappointing, gloomy day compared to yesterday. Might as well update on my last long range forecast:

Temperature: Generally slightly below average, although attempting to return to average by Thursday. Less chance of Friday or the weekend being above average. Next week looks rather unexceptional with temperatures generally slightly below or even below average. The below average temperatures look set to continue well into September, although there are some signs of a warm spell towards the end of August, not a heatwave by any means.

0_174_2mtmpmax.png?cb=529

Temperatures barely above the mid-teens by Monday next week.

Precipitation: Wet on Wednesday into Thursday, and Friday also looks set to bring light rain. Light showers later on Saturday following a band of more persistent rain by Sunday morning and heavier rain by Monday morning caused by a (pretty unusual) deep low. Tuesday should be rain-free before Wednesday will probably bring another batch of rain. Overall, next week is looking rather wet with a short respite in-between rain bands. The following week may well be drier.

12_162_precipratec.png?cb=96012_168_naptypemslp.png?cb=960

A band of heavy rain set to arrive by Monday morning (along with strong winds) caused by a deep low.

Wind: Occasionally breezy on Wednesday and Thursday, but calm by the weekend. Sustained wind speed of over 30mph (near gale) with gusts of around 50mph possible by Monday afternoon which may cause some damage (given that trees are still in full leaf).

12_171_windvector_gust.png?cb=960

Low pressure over the UK bringing strong winds and wind gusts.

Cloud: Gloomy tomorrow and Wednesday with some sunshine on Thursday before the cloud returns on Friday just to persist up until Monday next week. Overall its looking rather gloomy - more so than average.

Look forward to your winter forecasts especially when the white stuff is on the way :cold:

Nice to see the time and effort in your post instead of just hearing "Sunday is going to be a 'shocking washout" zzzzZZZZZZ ....with no input  :blink2:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Look forward to your winter forecasts especially when the white stuff is on the way :cold:

Nice to see the time and effort in your post instead of just hearing "Sunday is going to be a 'shocking washout" zzzzZZZZZZ ....with no input  :blink2:

Hopefully mine will be more accurate than those of James Madden! :aggressive:

And here is his latest kinda long-range forecast:

"Here Comes The Heatwave August & What Will Bring Our Only Month Of Summer 2015 As Above-Average Temperatures

Temperatures could reach the mid to high 20s from the north (including Scotland) to the south of the country by next weekend and into the following week + more"

11889687_913027412078511_294133515094336    11873434_912712262110026_117718091104323

Unfortunately, that probably won't happen. Odds of around a one in ten chance of this so-called 'heatwave'. (he posted this on Sunday and is therefore referring to this weekend.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

can see the east/west split over me, unsettled skies to the east/settled skies to the west, but looks like the muck is moving westwards, rather than the sunny weather moving east

Posted

i have to ride 50 miles later on today. We're in the dry zone at the minute, but would bet 20p that the rain will be over me by the time it gets to 6pm! ><

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

0ften happens here in summer months, where 8am is the hottest part of the day, after then cloud rolls in and wind picks up making it cooler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

0ften happens here in summer months, where 8am is the hottest part of the day, after then cloud rolls in and wind picks up making it cooler

Yes must agree lovely morning and felt warmer with the sun out....14c at 8am but by 3pm it was 18c and rain... but certainly felt cooler this afternoon.

Posted

Driving Drizzle has turned to moderate rain now just, Temp 13.6c. Lovely Jubbly..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Driving Drizzle has turned to moderate rain now just, Temp 13.6c. Lovely Jubbly..

Yes, with hill fog here too.

The fog has just cleared and the rain is about to by the look of the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Snowy...

You are not doing it for me. LOL

I was very surprised to find that I have already recorded 100 mms of rain this month.

I have been away quite a bit and I had the impression that it was reasonably dry here (aka East Anglia) - but apparently not.

Can anyone else in the MIds confirm?

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems the West Midlands is particularly good places for storms so far this Saturday. If this can hold till tomorrow evening hopefully confidence will be much better.

Posted

Snowy...

You are not doing it for me. LOL

I was very surprised to find that I have already recorded 100 mms of rain this month.

I have been away quite a bit and I had the impression that it was reasonably dry here (aka East Anglia) - but apparently not.

Can anyone else in the MIds confirm?

MIA

Have had about 45mm here this month - but 40mm of that fell last Friday.   So apart that, it has been a dry month.  So far ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Ummm?chucking it down! Was this in the forecast?

Yup, isolated showers were modelled today.

Posted

Zzzzzzz losing the will to post anymore, flat featureless grey skies and minimal sunshine, Vitamin D lamp for SAD been back out for weeks, fully expect a less minute downgrade Saturday to keep that band of grotty rain over here the entire weekend, zzz

Posted

A mild damp morning/night with light rain and drizzle, Currently 16.8c.