Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Hi all, in looking up catch up TV i came across this  (What's Wrong with Our Weather?) can't believe i missed it 

I found it interesting more so the second half, with the UK could be in for more cold winters :cold:  :cold:  :cold:  (Catch up 03/08 BBC FOUR)

Physicist Dr Helen Czerski and meteorologist John Hammond make sense of Britain's extreme weather and discover that recent extreme winters are connected by the jet stream.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04b763n/horizon-20132014-12-whats-wrong-with-our-weather

Thanks for sharing this, Dancerwithwings. Might have to check that out at some point when there's time.

And colder Winters, eh? That would (personally) be grand.  :cold:

Did turn out to be a pretty decent day in the end. Some periods where the army of clouds tried to have a fight with the sky, otherwise been warm, bright and dry. Temperature currently around 20*C with a maximum of 22.7*C. 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Today which was supposed to be another cloud and drizzle fest ended up a better day than Friday, which was meant to be sunny. Plenty of sun this afternoon, and largely clear now. Can August rescue this summer from ignominy after all?

Posted

HP has killed the drizzle and cloud broke up more still around the same pressure as this morning,a touch lower to yesterday.

I`m kept a closer eye on the weather lately as with hay making the last 5 acres.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Low cloud and drizzle here this morning, Temp 18c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Muggy feeling day to day.

Had sun earlier on but now dull, with one or two quick bursts of heavy rain.

Temp 19.2C with RH of 85%.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Weymouth here i come  :)  hoping to see a thundery spell come Weds into Thurs http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;ct=30604~Weymouth;sess=

Night show would be lovely especially when camping :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

often had this setup over me lately, clear skies to the north, and grey/unsettled skies to my south, I bet Mr D's timelapse shows completely clear skies, especially as camera faces NW

Posted

Looks like the thundery low breakdown coming in much quicker now like late tonight Thursday morning.

Ah well got our hay baled yesterday so lets see some action.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn304.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Weymouth here i come  :)  hoping to see a thundery spell come Weds into Thurs http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=3;ct=30604~Weymouth;sess=

Night show would be lovely especially when camping :D

DWW..

Hope you pitched your tent in a well drained area, ideally facing south!

MIA

Posted

Looks like the thundery low breakdown coming in much quicker now like late tonight Thursday morning.Ah well got our hay baled yesterday so lets see some action.http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn304.html

Yes my hay is in now, Bring on the rain the fields are very dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Looks like I timed my 3 days off work just about right!

Lovely out there today, and some decent potential to see some storms over the next 2 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Fantastic sunset following a glorious day here on the Malverns. Just took this snapshot:

gallery_8929_1403_420365.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Yesterday mostly cloudy, gorgeous today especially after work when could enjoy it, 23.5c and lovely warm sunshine with no breeze, a first for 2015!

Sunday looks shockingly decent again! and looks pleasant for my days off next week to ! maybe August will turn out the best of the three for the first time in years!

Posted

Yes my hay is in now, Bring on the rain the fields are very dry.

Its surprising how dry it is despite having showery rain most of july and so far this august.

Today looks a yawn fest weather wise low cloud and feeling quite cool,thunderstorms are dying a death.

Posted

Shock horror another 'washout/storm fest' forecast turns into mid level muck and a band of drizzle with storms reserved for usual suspects  :laugh: , overcast and 19.5c here.

Storms could be forecast no further east than Ireland and still turn up in ruddy Kent and Eastbourne lol!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

I take it the forecast went a bit wrong then? I only heard it was supposed to thunder/rain this morning so I didn't get too excited! 

Posted

What the hell is wrong with the weather when it comes to rain/snow bands??? They ALWAYS split and go either side for the middle part of the Midlands and then reform the other side, before strengthening and dumping all their precipitation. 

And the MET office showed heavy rain, inescapable heavy rain, crossing the whole country. But yet again it's bone dry here!

I'm starting to get really disillusioned with the weather now. It's been boring for over 3 years, literally nothing interesting has happened, not even frost! ><

• Like 1

Posted

Oh look! the latest radar has shown it reforming just as it leaves the central Midlands.

Thanks a lot God!

Posted

Light rain starting to turn moderate here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

I'm pretty sure the forecast for today was thunderstorms, and I haven't heard even the slightest rumble. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Aye, shag all storm activity here also. It's currently dripping some occasional big rain drops, but nothing of interest although the lawns will appreciate it as I was just thinking earlier that it's looking very parched indeed.

From memory, I think we've had just one day of decent PPN since the beginning of July.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well what a suprise, as soon as they forecast storms yesterday i fully expected a day of grey muck followed by drizzle which slowly sparks into life once it passes over! What is it with this area, we did look in the firing line for some pretty heavy rain at least.

I think 97% of the uk has seen a storm now unfortunately some of us midlanders ( mainly Shropshire) have been nothing! Pretty awful summer to be honest. I had the last week of July and the 1st week of August off and the weather was foul for the 1st week while i was on holiday in wales!! I go back to work and the sun comes out and it warms up! Grrrrr! Sorry rant over!