Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Sunday trending that grotty mid level muck FAR to close now and Saturday shows band of showers pretty much just for Shropshire.

I surrender, gonna get train down south Friday after work for the weekend actually got the flu now!, today even cooler than yesterday high of 14.9c!!!!! with heavy showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Missed all the showers here today so it ended up a dry day with sunny intervals and a maximum of 15.5c. Still quite breezy though with a maximum gust of 31 mph late this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

going to be vile today, biting wind, looking at raintoday, Cheshire gap being 'sick' again, looks like it could be wet for north of the region

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A dry pleasant morning so far with some sunny spells but feeling cool in the Northerly wind, Temp 11.8c.

On a side note, The annual WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP HEN RACING is this Saturday at Bonsal folks, An event not to miss! We have the worlds finest racing chickens at the ready.

• Like 1

Posted

No rain yet today but disappointingly cloudy and cool. Not liking the look of the next few days forecast to be honest (apart from maybe Sunday); much as I dislike dull cool weather I loathe SE vs the rest splits even more. Monday better not come off like the NW chart says, we had enough of that nonsense at the start of this month.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh my gosh SUNSHINE! only 15.0c but it's a miracle, first time in 11 days no joke!

Annoyed at this weekend, of course that stupid weather fronts throwing up mid level muck now all day only to turn clear/hot around 6pm through the night and then damp by Monday Morning again! and of course Saturday, band of showers has to come bang around midday into here and wither across for the afternoon! booking train to London...

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

The air quality out there is bloody lovely at the moment. Driving home and coming over the top of Red Hill on the A5, the view to the South Shropshire Hills was stunning

Oh my gosh SUNSHINE! only 15.0c but it's a miracle, first time in 11 days no joke!

Annoyed at this weekend, of course that stupid weather fronts throwing up mid level muck now all day only to turn clear/hot around 6pm through the night and then damp by Monday Morning again! and of course Saturday, band of showers has to come bang around midday into here and wither across for the afternoon! booking train to London...

Oh my it gets dark at night the horrors, even in Summer lol. Even on Sunday's!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Got down to 4.6c last night :cold: still at 7.0c... but what a lovely start to the day :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A cold night with a low 3.6c, Dry with wall to wall sunshine this morning Temp 10.3c.

Posted

The smell of frost this morning was really strong. I didn't even think to cover some of the rarer plants at home and we just got a delivery of poinsettias at work, which will suffer for this cold! (if the met office had warned it might get as cold last night, I could have put the blow heaters on at work) So another time when we were failed to be told about a frost. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Hi guys,

My suburban garden recorded a minimum of 3.3C at 7:15 this morning. My coldest ever July temperature.

There was a grass frost and also around here a roof frost on some homes.

The vege plants still look Ok though.  It was a close shave for the runners and courgettes I suspect. 

Last day, I hope, for this to happen this summer!

MIA  

Posted

Sunny morning so far, but the grot over Wales/Cheshire is terrifyingly close. Was notably cokd last night but didnt see any frost (even ran my finger on top of the bin at 7 to check).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Feels more like Summer this afternoon (for now), and the bees are buzzing!

post-10703-0-30359600-1438344970_thumb.jpost-10703-0-46612000-1438344734_thumb.jpost-10703-0-69053600-1438344529_thumb.jpost-10703-0-70658200-1438344556_thumb.jpost-10703-0-15997100-1438344624_thumb.j

Temperature currently nearing 18*C.

• Like 1

Posted

Thankgod escaping this wretched cursed town for weekend later. Gorgeous all daynow wall of slate grey muck arriving from west as soon as out the door from work!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's 20.1 °C! Wow, it's been quite a while since those rarefied heights were reached...

Posted

Feels more like Summer this afternoon (for now), and the bees are buzzing!

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Temperature currently nearing 18*C.

balmy 20C max, lots of thrips about, teeny black flies, maybe because its been chilly, and suddenly gone warm

Posted

balmy 20C max, lots of thrips about, teeny black flies, maybe because its been chilly, and suddenly gone warm

Yeah that's probably why to be honest. Been quite a few insects around, especially the buzzing ones.

Although it's not been too warm (rather cool when the sun's been hiding behind clouds) and also a bit windy, today has been a definite improvement from the Autumnal conditions of the last few days. Maxed out around 20*C here, too - 20.6*C to be precise - and is now bang on 20*C (he hee).

Posted

Yeah that's probably why to be honest. Been quite a few insects around, especially the buzzing ones.

Although it's not been too warm (rather cool when the sun's been hiding behind clouds) and also a bit windy, today has been a definite improvement from the Autumnal conditions of the last few days. Maxed out around 20*C here, too - 20.6*C to be precise - and is now bang on 20*C (he hee).

yes, I would say more of an April sunny day, max of 20C, min of around 4C, not too uncommon in april

Posted

19C with sunny spells felt distinctly warm. That shows what rubbish we've had lately....

Kept on to mostly sunny skies much of the day, though could see lots of muck lurking close by. 20 for the weekend, maybe even an average max of 21-22?

Posted

yes, I would say more of an April sunny day, max of 20C, min of around 4C, not too uncommon in april

Indeed. To get a low of 3 or 4*C in Summer is kind of unusual (although I suspect there's been a few odd times in the past when it's happened).

Posted

A morning of wall to wall sun until 1pm sunny intervals since making one of the best summer sunny days of 2015 that says it all really max 19.8c

A large cloud bank all to the west but luckily did break up as it hit here.

Edited by Snowyowl9