Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Am sunny fest :D then by 2pm it was all over cloud fest :angry: almost touched 22c at 13:30, felt very pleasant this morning in that strong sunshine.

Looking into early July it maybe getting boiling-hot.gif

The GEM has the UK in a heatwave with temps easily into the 30's sweaty.gif

today and yesterday my favourite summer weather, early July though looking uncomfortable, no air conditioning i'll struggle

Posted

Zzzzz all so predictable, hot and sunny this morning whilst in work, still bright this afternoon whilst in work, finish 15:30 slate grey skies since........thankgod off to Turkey in three days, though looks stormy this weekend sods law think i've been banished from seing sunlight now  :laugh:  :laugh:

Posted

Zzzzz all so predictable, hot and sunny this morning whilst in work, still bright this afternoon whilst in work, finish 15:30 slate grey skies since........thankgod off to Turkey in three days, though looks stormy this weekend sods law think i've been banished from seing sunlight now  :laugh:  :laugh:

Summer is arriving big style here around 1 July

Posted

Summer is arriving big style here around 1 July

It's cos i'm in Turkey, the sun curse will be lifted from Saturday - Saturday across Shropshire  :laugh:

Expect breakdown around 16:30 next Saturday with wall of stratocumulus slamming in from the west  :wink:

Posted

It's cos i'm in Turkey, the sun curse will be lifted from Saturday - Saturday across Shropshire  :laugh:

Expect breakdown around 16:30 next Saturday with wall of stratocumulus slamming in from the west  :wink:

think by then, i'll be welcoming it, days of 30C dosen't suit me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very pleasant till 2pm ish with 22c again. Pleasant afternoon too although cloudier. Still 18.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

I do find it very frustrating when <mattmunroe>on days like these</mattmunroe> we have sunshine, humidity, followed by unstable looking skies that produce nothing.

Honestly? I'm aching for a good thunderstorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

today and yesterday my favourite summer weather, early July though looking uncomfortable, no air conditioning i'll struggle

Same here 22c - 25c is just perfect :) I'm the first one to say that i love extremes Cold or Hot

but 850s showing 25c in part of the UK is just a little too extreme....But then again I'll eat this hat if it comes off :hi:

Rnvg1802.gif

And looking at these 2M temp charts we will all be queuing to get into ICELAND.......Never in my lifetime have i seen charts like this sweaty.gif

navgemfr-8-174.png?24-19

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Actual chance of hot weather (amazingly) seems higher!
May be 27-30C across the region next Tuesday - but there is more than enough time for this to change, so I am certainally not getting my hopes up!
To be fair, alot of years have at least one brief spell of very warm/hot temps, so I would not be too surprised if this actually happens. I feel a short-lived heatwave may be on the cards at some point this summer though, it has been a while since the last heatwave.

18_165_uk2mtmp.png?cb=443

18_177_uk2mtmp.png?cb=443

18_216_uk2mtmp.png?cb=443

• Like 1

Posted

Good grief, the charts for next week are something to behold right now! Our hottest spell since July 2006 *might* be on the cards.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of excessive heat (25°C and above is where I start seriously wilting), but chuck in some decent thunderstorm potential and I might be persuaded.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

25 - 30c is my favourite summer temperature range, once it gets into the 90s that's too much, especially at night with no air conditioning. Some huge thunderstorms might make the discomfort worthwhile though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turned into a lovely afternoon again. 22c.

Posted

Sunny last two hours in sunshine registering 42c in screen reading 25c.... Feeling humid.... Off to pub for pub quiz laters.... Toad in the hole with onion gravy on the go....

Posted

definitely the warmest feeling day of 2015 here, 25.0C and feeling humid, okay still but do not fancy it hotter

much cooler Wednesday showing on 12Z UKMO, not a fan of heat, so hopefully maybe a trend to push everything east? after all the models underestimate the Atlantic in FI

Posted

Lovely afternoon. 24c. :) 3 out of 3 days since the nw wind went and all have been very decent! Surprise surprise....

Posted

Warmest day of the year here despite a lot of cloud, actually thought Thursday miracle was happening after work as plenty of sun started breaking through then cloudzilla reappeared from west by 4:30.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The warmest night of the year so far last night with a minimum of 12.0c. Looking at the latest model output I feel that particular record will be very short lived.

Posted

No notable warmth here yesterday with a top temp of 20.5C. Last night was mild though at 13.0C.

Not looking forward to the possible very hot and humid spell about to arrive, and even less to the thunderstorms that might accompany it.

Posted

No notable warmth here yesterday with a top temp of 20.5C. Last night was mild though at 13.0C.

Not looking forward to the possible very hot and humid spell about to arrive, and even less to the thunderstorms that might accompany it.

hoping for the storms, but GFS says zilch,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

After a bit of a grotty afternoon here, it's now very pleasant. 20 °C and some nice (if a bit hazy) sunshine. My record for 2015 so far is 23.6 °C from yesterday... but looking at the model output for this neck of the woods, that may not last too long! :p

Posted

hoping for the storms, but GFS says zilch,

GFS has been preety accurate recently, so I am hoping it's right this time too! Sorry storm lovers, give me a blizzard anyday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

GFS has been preety accurate recently, so I am hoping it's right this time too! Sorry storm lovers, give me a blizzard anyday.

If we get one of those next week, it really will be a memorable spell! :rofl:

Posted

Looks like my birthday next Tuesday will be another reliably sunny and Hot one! :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Looks like my birthday next Tuesday will be another reliably sunny and Hot one! :)

Not as hot as the NAVGEM is saying come Weds then come Thursday....boiling-hot.gif Just for fun....41C is 105.8F  :D

navgemfr-8-126.png?26-19navgemfr-8-150.png?26-19

Edited by Dancerwithwings