Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

26mm here yesterday, A cloundy morning so far with a few short sunny spells, Temp 13c

Posted

Heavy rain all day yesterday in the end, today actually started nice but was clouding over by 8am and slate grey skies by 10  :lazy:  :lazy:  :lazy:

No doubt another cool, stratocumulus weekend gearing up for next weekend to, it never ends!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Heavy rain all day yesterday in the end, today actually started nice but was clouding over by 8am and slate grey skies by 10  :lazy:  :lazy:  :lazy:

No doubt another cool, stratocumulus weekend gearing up for next weekend to, it never ends!

6Z shocker, crappy weekend, and crap northerlies all the way to 384, the start of Wimbledon, absolutely unreal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

6Z shocker, crappy weekend, and crap northerlies all the way to 384, the start of Wimbledon, absolutely unreal

The best thing to do is forget the weather, and before you know it there will be storms on the forecast.

Posted

Won't happen, will end up shocker next weekend then back to scorching sunshine for Monday as always..

Posted

Gone very dark and dull here after a reasonably bright day with a temp of 16.7C, so rather cool really. No rain on radar, but looks as though it will pee it down any second.

Posted

Won't happen, will end up shocker next weekend then back to scorching sunshine for Monday as always..

unlikely, this late spring/early summer is an absolute flop, 18C max will seem balmy, really does feel like we are in early April,

Lets not forget we had a tropical airmass move over us from the SE on Friday and then linger over the midlands all weekend, some people are falsely blaming this on polar northerlies when thats not the case, its been humid no matter what the 2M temp says, we have been in >546 dam air all weekend.

Posted

Lets not forget we had a tropical airmass move over us from the SE on Friday and then linger over the midlands all weekend, some people are falsely blaming this on polar northerlies when thats not the case, its been humid no matter what the 2M temp says, we have been in >546 dam air all weekend.

still your typical early April warm spell, fri never got above 21C, Sat hovered around 16C, not unusual in 90's for a typical April warm spell

Your'e not trying to deny we were in a tropical airmass this weekend are you?

No sunshine will limit 2M temps no matter the air source, check the high dewpoints and high humidity this weekend for the west midlands/south midlands.

Posted

Your'e not trying to deny we were in a tropical airmass this weekend are you?

No sunshine will limit 2M temps no matter the air source, check the high dewpoints and high humidity this weekend for the west midlands/south midlands.

we were yes, but typical of April, in my location in a tropical airmass to only reach 20.6C,

Posted

Weekend looking absolute cack again here, no words at this point.

Posted

Weekend looking absolute cack again here, no words at this point.

washout sunday showing, N midlands always wet/lousy on a sunday

today better but unsettled skies to my north, seem to be getting closer

Posted

A cloudy morning with short sunny spells, Temp 16c. Hopefully the cloud will clear a little later with temps hitting 20c

Posted

A cloudy morning with short sunny spells, Temp 16c. Hopefully the cloud will clear a little later with temps hitting 20c

the muck is coming my way

Posted

21C here and no muck yet- it had gone by 10am. June actually has been good for sunshine here, it's just been let down by lack of really warm days and the tendency to be rubbish at weekends.

Posted

Sat up at the 9 Ladies Stone Circle at Stanton Moor, Very pleasant and relaxing with sunny spells.

post-12319-0-80316000-1434457169_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Hazy sunshine 22c lovely....

yes, this is my favourite summer weather, not keen on heat (no aircon) do not want it freezing in summer either, shame today is a one off, tomorrow looking crap

Posted

LOL LOL LOL gorgeous hot sunny day whilst in work, THE SECOND I finished work at 3:30 in came that wall of thick haze, I mean at this point it's just laughable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

LOL LOL LOL gorgeous hot sunny day whilst in work, THE SECOND I finished work at 3:30 in came that wall of thick haze, I mean at this point it's just laughable.

Please move out of the Midlands conor. I am back in Stourbridge from Sunday and I don't want you jinxing things. Its been a very sunny month thus far in Cornwall. I want that continuing! Lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Please move out of the Midlands conor. I am back in Stourbridge from Sunday and I don't want you jinxing things. Its been a very sunny month thus far in Cornwall. I want that continuing! Lol.

Believe me i'm working on it  :laugh: turned sunny again now, seems to be the week day routine lately, hot sunny in work till 15:30, mid level/high level haze 15:30-19:30 then sunny again! apart from a Friday when the weekend rains begin  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Some unexpected rain already this morning here although it won't last too long by the look of the radar.

Overcast and misty with a temperature of 13.2c according to the Davis.

Posted

Cloudy and grey, no wind and very mild at 14.2C.