Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

25c warmest day of year for here.... Hazy sunshine....

you always get the best weather, winter and summer, today sucks, cloud hardly lifted, greyer now than any other part of the day

• Like 1

Posted

Gone very humid here but cloud is flat,cloudy and warmer to yesterday if the sun would be out 21c

Posted

Very muggy feeling here too,  some light rain and temps of 18c / 81% humidity. Nothing really out of the ordinary yet... Maybe something more interesting later on .. ? 

Posted

Slate grey skies here for the past few hours, and a few spots of rain in the air right now. Currently 17.7°C

Bish

Posted

LOL don't think the sun even came out here today, raining for the past hour lightly and 18.7c, what an absolute fail once again.

Posted

LOL don't think the sun even came out here today, raining for the past hour lightly and 18.7c, what an absolute fail once again.

Shocking forecast, sun never came out, and steady rain since 4pm, i was expecting full sun, with convective cloud build up during evening

Posted

Cloudy and dry.

Storms coming into the SE now,wind is east so anything could happen,anything could happen.

That's a song.

Posted

Nah..don't think we'll see storms this way now. We were never meant to anyway. A very wet night and morning in store I reckon. There's been some quite heavy rain already.

If the storms were to wander over here, they'd need to join the ever expanding queue of weather systems that were meant to get us in the West Midlands.

Still wondering when that snowstorm from last winter will eventually pivot over us like people promised it would! :p

Edited by Gord

Posted

Shocking forecast, sun never came out, and steady rain since 4pm, i was expecting full sun, with convective cloud build up during evening

Extremely predictable post 2007 convective event, always the same, mid level/high level muck spoils everything out of nowhere on the day.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light rain here for the past 30 min.

Posted

A very wet night/morning with Moderate/Heavy rain, Very heavy around 1.30am according to the Davis, With Temp currently 11.7c being the lowest of the night. 

Rain 18.4mm

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

I just seen yesterday`s bbc forecast for yesterday on newswatch heavy thundery dowpours,lightning shown over us.

The reality a cloudy feeble day of flat cloud,what went wrong as this came in from the E/SE.

I would expect to see much more punchy alt-cas cloud,unlike coming from the west.

Light rain now.

Posted

Feels decidedly chilly than of late out with Temp currently 11.3c, Still persistent moderate rain. I may even light the log burner later..

A Frost possible tomorrow night for Northern England and the Highlands.

ukmintemp.png

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Matt Hugo tweeted earlier that the last 18hrs have been one big forecasting failure, not least the position of the band of heavy rain currently stretching across the country - this was previously expected to be much further South.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

Feels decidedly chilly than of late out with Temp currently 11.3c, Still persistent moderate rain. I may even light the log burner later..

A Frost possible tomorrow night for Northern England and the Highlands.

ukmintemp.png

but, we aren't in northern England or Highlands, this is the Midlands thread!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Dull and wet here with 30mm of rain since 6pm yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well another weekend and another wet/cool/cloudy*(delete as applicable) affair! Dont worry tho because the blue skies will probably return when we go back to work Monday!!

All i hope is that when i am off work for 2 weeks at the end of July i get to see some sunshine and use my BBQ!

Posted

Approaching the 24 hour mark since the rain began now. At least it's been showing signs of breaking up and moving away over the past couple of hours. Very slowly though.

I have to go out tonight and I have an 18 month lurcher who won't go out in the rain who'll need a good excercise before we go. This rain is so annoying! We've played tug in the living room and I've hoovered the house as that keeps him interested but it's not going to be enough!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted

but, we aren't in northern England or Highlands, this is the Midlands thread!

Correct, Nothing wrong with pointing out other areas of the UK, As this is a relaxed thread... That aside, It does look like certain prone areas in the Midlands are at risk from frost tomorrow night into Monday morning.

nmmuk-0-46-0.png?13-13

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Correct, Nothing wrong with pointing out other areas of the UK, As this is a relaxed thread... That aside, It does look like certain prone areas in the Midlands are at risk from frost tomorrow night into Monday morning.

nmmuk-0-46-0.png?13-13

but, on the other hand, GFS looking good for rest of week, 20C and light winds, if sun out will feel like summer, just next weekend GFS shows crappy rain/NW'lys

Posted

but, on the other hand, GFS looking good for rest of week, 20C and light winds, if sun out will feel like summer, just next weekend GFS shows crappy rain/NW'lys

Yes, Next week certainly looks to be picking up again, With much warmer settled weather on offer after what has been a rather wet weekend so far here. A good week for me to be off work, Bar the usual small duties..☺

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Got away with comparatively little rain here yesterday. Iwas hoping for a good soaking for the garden too. It mostly ended up being a drizzley day with the odd spell of light rain. Quite different to the north of the region. At one point it even looked as thought the sun may break through.

This morning we have sun and milky blue skies, with a temperature of 12.6C.