Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Agreed Eugene, with peeps having dig at present conditions, with long sunny spells and 16c - 17c in the forecast

what would you moaners prefer.... stratus/altostratus cloud and temps at 22c.

Me, i know what i would prefer :)

Conor, tomorrow is looking very good and we all know by now how long you've waited for this :hi:

Ilovethesnow, good point  "17C and sunny will feel hot in the sun" and a strong sun it is this time of the year :good:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

There's not much cloud around... and it's a Sunday. What's going on here?

To be fair, it did look like conditions would improve over the weekend as High Pressure becomes more influential. A smidge on the cool side currently, though, with the temperature approaching 15*C, but quite nice in the sun. He really does have his hat on today.

Posted

Was about to same hell had frozen over here to but sod's law stratocumulus mania popping up from every direction now haha!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Long sunny spells here, But Breezy.. Temp just hit 14c. You can see in the pic below some farmers here have cut for Hay and there 1st cut of silage which is nice to see. Whitby was nice on Friday to  :D

post-12319-0-90590300-1433668734_thumb.j

post-12319-0-59340300-1433668826_thumb.j

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

Luckily that hurricane has died down today so in any sunshine should feel much warmer, just maintaining the mythical *sunshine* past 9am these days :laugh:

Edit: winds howling again...lord

Edited by conor123

Posted

What a Stunning day  :yahoo:  Temperatures here have reached 19.2c was only expecting 17c.... HAPPY DAYS :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

What a Stunning day  :yahoo:  Temperatures here have reached 19.2c was only expecting 17c.... HAPPY DAYS :)

yes, these are the summer days i like, my favourite summer weather, even 3-4 degrees warmer would be great, but not a fan of heat/humidity

Posted

FINALLY cloudzilla buggered off after 12, first glorious Sunday afternoon this year even with that breeze 16c felt warmer in that strong sun, about time.

• Like 1

Posted

Crystal clear blue skys here.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day here. Perfect summer weather. I've got everything crossed for a dry Sunday next week as it's the Cosford air show.

Posted

Beautiful day here with a top temp of 16.8C. Very pleasant for outdoor stuff and lovely to sit in out of the gentle breeze.

Posted

Now Conor has now had his one day of Summer on SUNDAY..... Thank God 8)

This weeks looking dry & fine with plenty of warm sunshine to be had and temps around 16c - 19c

Come the end of the week and into the weekend LP may come up from south from the Bay of Biscay

and could bring unsettled conditions maybe a thunder storm or two if we are lucky :whistling:

but at this stage confidence is still low, so all is to see as the week progresses. 

So to this week......BRING ME SUNSHINE :D      

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The sun has got his hat on again this morning, although it would be nice when it gets to the point where mornings start becoming warmer (currently 9*C at the moment). Despite it being only June, just seems disappointing there's not been any proper warm or thundery spells so far. Hopefully the rest of Summer can provide those opportunities (especially for those of you wanting some very warm/hot and stormy weather). Though I suppose there is a chance that late this week could provide a few thundery surprises as DancerWithWings mentions with the possibily of the Low to the South of the UK getting pulled further North.

Posted

Clear blue sky's again here this morning with light winds, A low of 5.1c

Current Temp 11.6c

Posted

An amazing low of just 1.7C here last night with a touch of grass frost. In 12 years we have never had so many chilly June nights.

Posted

An amazing low of just 1.7C here last night with a touch of grass frost. In 12 years we have never had so many chilly June nights.

Good grief that is extraordinary. We got down to 6.6°C here last night, although a few nights ago we fell as low as 4.3°C

Currently 14.4°C and very sunny.

Bish

Posted

Heavy shower here came out of nowhere, was pretty sunny whilst in work but clouded over by time I got home, felt milder than 15c though.

Posted

A lovely day with a top temp of 16.7C.

All the grass is being taken in the surrounding fields, and we have had several red kites cashing in on the vermin bonanza! I think they fly in from Rhyader in Wales.

• Like 1

Posted

What an awful evening, bucketing down when the forecast mentioned a light shower. It's been raining on/off for nearly 2 hours, drives you crazy

Posted

Yeh quite surprised this evening, that band of showers was moving steadily east to west then stalled in a line once it got to here, would never happen if it was January and snow  :laugh:

Posted

Where the hell has that band of rain come from, the pressure is 1035 for heavens sake! Only giving a few light spots here, further east seems to be getting the worst, but its got no right being there at all. Was a mostly sunny day until 6pm, though still with that wind keeping it cool.

Posted

Another chilly night at 2.6C. Currently 10.2C and sunny.

I noticed that Shobdon, our nearest weather station some 5 miles as the crow flies, dropped to 1.1C the night before. Ridiculous.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Another chilly night at 2.6C. Currently 10.2C and sunny.

I noticed that Shobdon, our nearest weather station some 5 miles as the crow flies, dropped to 1.1C the night before. Ridiculous.

not unusual early to mid June, seas still cold, air still cool after winter/Spring, summer does not really get going until during Wimbledon at the earliest