Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Takes a while for logs to season so its a good job! Been in the garden all day absolutely grand touching 19c now here ☺

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

21c tanny.gif:D

Posted

Hilarious, crystal clear skies and hot all day in work then as soon as I get home the winds back along with a relentless sheet of altocumulus and barely any sun, actually convinced I'm cursed now haha

Posted

Finally made 20C. In June. Lovely sunny day till about an hour ago when a load of that mid level muck that often seems to plague warm spells appeared from somewhere. Hope it goes away this evening....

Posted

Sun still not come back out here!!! but no shocks it looks like clearing from the south in an hour.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs7812.gif

GFS even now recognizing the Shropshire curse, literally swarm of cloud just over Shropshire Sunday and clear elsewhere  :laugh:

Edited by conor123

Posted

Maxed out at 22.1c today and still at 19.3c it will be humid tonight min of 15c-16c here.

what a difference from just a few days ago......Very heavy rain, a howling winds & single figure temps!!!

All in the past now, what a great day it's been :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The warmest day of the year so far with a max' of 18.8c. Not quite the sunniest though, April 21st still has that honour with 12.27 hrs whereas today managed 12.09 hrs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

mine was 23.9°C, but not in stevenson screen, completely shaded, but does still get affected by sun radiation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Done it! Max of 22.4 °C today, though I think we could have managed another degree or so without some annoying cloud in mid-afternoon. Nice and sunny again from about 5pm, though. The Met Office site and the BBC1 weather tonight differ markedly on tomorrow's prospects, though, so whether we hit 20 again before the front hits is anyone's guess.

Posted

Maxed here yesterday at 19.6C so still no 20C yet this year. Had a cold morning at 2.1C. In fact, we have had a run of cold mornings recently.

Currently bright with milky sunshine, 12.2C.

Posted

Sunny with a few high clouds and warmer than its been at this hour all year. 16C already so probably another 20 today, wish that front would stay out to the west unless it brings thunder.

Posted

Quite a bit of stormy activity to our south and east right now. Looks like it has missed most of our region, however :(

Currently 18.7°C and partly cloudy.

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

The last of the storms have just left Great Yarmouth Bish we had no chance of seeing anything here in the Midlands,

even the South and East must be disappointed with the outcome.

Anyway more lovely sunshine for us here in the Midlands,

well a touch more cloudy this afternoon but who cares Dry & Fine that's going to be the main theme for next several days now :D

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Finally sunny again now after tipping it down with rain and dropping to 13c the second I finished work, returned to the usual howling westerlies though.

12z continues the vein of sunny work days, cool damp weekends.

Still expecting both days this weekend to be like this:

post-2546-0-31617600-1433525024_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Finally sunny again now after tipping it down with rain and dropping to 13c the second I finished work, returned to the usual howling westerlies though.

12z continues the vein of sunny work days, cool damp weekends.

Still expecting both days this weekend to be like this:

attachicon.gifcloudzilla.jpg

I know conner it is so frustrating! I had Monday and Tuesday off for my birthday weather was pretty meh! Rest of the week lovely!! Finish work early on a Friday (3:55) to be greeted by rain! You could not make it up! I have wanted to try my BBQ out for 5 weeks but not had a dencent weekend yet weather wise!

Posted

Yup cloudy already with few breaks and far windier than Mondays storm already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Yup cloudy already with few breaks and far windier than Mondays storm already!

bloody raining in brum lol

Posted

Not a bad day so far here, Long Sunny spells but blustery.

Posted

Some sunshine, but that bloody wind is at it again. Even during the "warm" spell it was still lurking around, just coming from the south rather than west. When are we going to get a run of calm days, it's ridiculous now.

Posted

Very blustery here, Avg speed 16.9mph, Gusting 43mph W/N/W.

Temp 14.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Not much to look forward to. Everyday for the next seven days is set to be similar - temperatures at 14-17C max, mostly/partially cloudy, blustery winds on some days. No storms on the horizon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Yesterday ended up maxing out at 22.4 °C, exactly the same as Thursday! If only the front had been an hour later arriving, we'd have beaten the previous mark for sure. Today, broken cloud and (yet again) a blustery wind. It's that breeze that's more annoying than anything; I'd like to sit and read in the garden for a bit, but the wind makes it just too cold. Grrr.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Not looking forward to the cloudy damp easterlies from mid week, nice and sunny until then with the wind dropping, btw to people moaning about temps of 14C to 17C, what do you do in Winter, never go out. :rofl:

17C and sunny will feel hot in the sun, as long as there is little wind, the key thing really, 17C cloudy and windy feel like early April