Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yes, P.M I await this evening with anticipation.

Must admit I hadn't checked the forecast rainfall totals, that was a bit of a surprise.

The highest gust I've recorded in June ( at 350m ) is 59 mph on the 26th in 1997 and the 25th in 2007, we'll see if it can beat that.

Edited by Terminal Moraine
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes TM, Im looking forward to this with the trees in full leave to.. Should be quite an event. The GFS has done a great job of tracking this Low for the past week i must say.

Posted

Some pretty brutal wind and rain right now - and there could well be many hours of it as well, judging by the radar.

Bish

Posted

Heavy rain set in here now winds gusting 40+mph so far. The strongest will be later this evening/tonight. Should be interesting with trees in leaf.

Posted

After a cold may here its certainly a cold start to june currently 8.9c with a fresh S-ly wind.

Heavy showers earlier.

Posted

Gust in the low 50's now with an avg speed 23mph

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Hilarious how the charts are once again moving towards another blustery below average weekend only to turn sunny on the working week, beyond sick of it, thankgod i'm off to Turkey in 4 weeks time.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

80-90 KMH gusts = 55MPH come late evening!!! this time of the year with trees in full leaf.... :bomb:

nmm_uk1-11-9-1.png?01-18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

The wind has really started picking up in the last half hour.

A couple of garden chairs out back, for example......

Posted

Very heavy rain here with a howling wind, Music to my ears :)  

Posted

I have given in and put the heating on.  :cold:

Cold wet and windy here.  :cold:

Posted

8 degrees lashing down outside, I've had the heating all evening😟 I guess this what happens when you have a very cold pool of water in the North Atlantic just off our shores........it's got to get better soon 😳

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Howling wind, horizontal rain, temps of 8C and- still light at 9pm? What's going on?

S95

You forgot a couple of things to make life more comfortable    curtains drawn and heating on. :sorry:  :cc_confused:

Alright which month is it - October, November or Decmber? 

It really is quite dreadful out there tonight.

MIA  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Weather is certainly interesting this evening, rain lashing against the windows with strong winds for this time of the year, then again it could be worst..... it could be SUNDAY :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ,Frost

Power went off just for a few few minutes.very windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

S95

You forgot a couple of things to make life more comfortable    curtains drawn and heating on. :sorry:  :cc_confused:

Alright which month is it - October, November or Decmber? 

It really is quite dreadful out there tonight.

MIA  

certainly the synoptic setup you would think it's Dec

eh? how can anyone like this? having a laugh? most of us on here want warm sunny weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

It sure is windy, but not damagingly windy. The worst of the storm has already gone, but tomorrow afternoon may be similar.

Posted

Although it was.howling for a time in the evening it never got as windy as I expected, especially as I was expecting the worst when it backed N 'ly, which it never did. The rain and cold temperatures ended up as the main thing.

Still completely cloudy, cold with bits of rain, but not windy at all- was expecting something really blowy this morning.

Posted

Yes indeed, P.M,  although here it didn't get as windy as I expected with a maximum gust of 50 mph at 2026 g.m.t.

Yesterday's maximum of 10.9c was quite low but nothing exceptional although it did feel decidedly cold during the afternoon when the rain set in and the temp' fell to around 7.4c.( the same temperature as the lowest June max' on record here on the 6th in 1985)

A moderate breeze and drizzle this morning but I expect the wind to increase again by early afternoon, perhaps a few gusts around 40 mph?

Posted

Gusts never got above 53mph here also TM, Yes as you point out winds will increase over the Midlands this afternoon. Temp Currently 12.7c West Gusting 28mph with heavy drizzle.

nmmuk-11-12-0.png?02-07

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Currently gusting at about 40mph here. Far windier than yesterday, but dry with the odd flicker of sunshine.

Posted

47mph just here so far, Rain has eased to give sunny spells with clouds zipping past.

Posted

I came back and there was a small tree across the road totally stuck   :wallbash: ,very windy today with gales and that was low ground.

Gusting to 62mph lake Vyrnwy.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

A maximum gust of 54 mph so far today which is higher than anything last night. The mean speed however is a little lower than it was last night.