Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

storm fisherman's 2015 usa storm fishing trip

Posted

Hi All.

After 18 hours of travel last yesterday finally arrived at the Days inn Norman, OK at about 9pm local time  just as the squall line hit the hotel, what a way to start the fortnight off.

as the storms are to far away for us to reach today we have traveled to Childress, TX with the view to capture any storms coming up from the south west and possibly New Mexico.

i would have posted earlier but had a connection settings issue with my laptop, all sorted now

• Like 1

Posted

Monday 18th may-8.30am local

Good morning All

a fine warm sunny morning in Chilldress this morning todays storm chase is going to be in the furthest SW corner of Texas possibly setup base camp somewhere around midland or Odessa.

The conditions are marginal at best due to lack of moisture  this i think is a classic dry line setup as storms fire off the dry-line heading into the approaching moist air from the GOM

tomorrow is looking a lot better as they will be a deeper moisture pool to work with for mid western Texas around Lubbock and to the west.

Paul H

Posted

Odessa, TX

19-May -2015

Yesterday’s storm chase was a first for me ended up in a flash flood Nr Pecos  e started the day at Childress then headed to our target area the storm started to fire up to the south west of i-20 and a town called Pecos  we headed to shelter in town to let the core  pas over  plenty of small hail and some larger 10p size mixed in . After that passed we headed south on hwy 285 towards Fort Stockton we ran into heavy traffic  and the back end of the this storm was starting to produce a large amount of hail the landscape south of town looked like a winter wonderland with 6-8†hail drifts  as  we cleared the storm there came a report of a thin rope tornado and 4inch hail  but that was not headline for this storm because of the slow  the forward motion at about 5-10 mph the storm dropped about 4inches of rail in ½ hour leading to flash flooding which we got in see pict below(to follow) Nr small town of Coynossa We had stop because of the optical illusion that the cars where sliding of the road  but in reality we were not moving. After that we head to Odessa for the night .

• Like 1